Flipping A Koxxkarbon. No, Seriously

JackMeek

The thing I dont understand is how he has got this name for having a good style of riding, and everyone is a bit dazed and confused by him not having/getting a good sponser. But where Im coming from is, to me, his riding doesnt impress me, and havnt seen him do anything worth a fuse and getting hard over, (ok he did do a flip of a huge wall and manage to catch his bike when he landed...what ever) but there are riders out there who deserve alot more notice, I could rattle of a few names, but then you lot will think im totaly bumming them, like you lot are to

I think youv'e got what I've posted in here totally wrong also, these were some of the replys that you guys gave;

cool man a flip on your carbon lets see a flaire Danny Mac style? Didnt think so.

You get a 'high 5' tonight!

jambos the man

(Actually pretty surprised Nick posted that….)

Na, I had one on my phone but Dan was wearing his "I love Jack Meek" Tee at the time so wouldn't want to post it and embarras you.

Jack you should come up for a Scottish Muckers weekend we just love you up here.

Jack is a sound lad who's trying something a bit different than "ooooh I can sidehop X ammount of inches "check my bad self" WOOP WOOP etc. Which I know is the same as Dannys doing but hes not trying to be like him at all. I'm sticking up for jack because your all being haters with no good reason. I'm not "bumming" him in the slightest, just you guys seem to have a chip on your shoulder... for no good reason...

sponsorship is not only about style and skills...jack is the guy I would want in my team if I was a brand...not because he is bloody good, but because he gives an awesome image of trials riding and because unless a lot of beasty riders HE CAN ACTUALLY COMMUNICATE WELL WITH PEOPLE (magazines,forum,media,famous riders from other country). Communication is the key in sponsorship.

And I back this up 100%, like Onza sponsering scammers on the fourm, what type of a message is that sending out about your brand? Jack had a massive smile on his face and time for everyone on the ride (unlike many other top riders) which I think premotes your company far more than being the best person, walking arround with the bashers having a testosterone fight about who can go highest... big deal.

Edited by Simpson

Not wanting to get dragged in at all with this. opinions are opinions, state them or keep them to yourselves it makes no difference.

While i read through i felt myself wondering if everyone here still respects Martyn Ashton and Hans Rey etc?

They brought the sport to the masses. Without their influence on the sport we wouldn't be on here arguing over an individuals ability and direction of progression. (and trying to make direct comparisons between different styles/people)

Is there a reason to actively dislike someone you may have never met?

It seems everyone who has met the chap agrees he is a great ambassador for the sport (maybe likening him with ryan leech in canada?)

He seems quite eloquent and is a suitable level headed person perhaps to take over the martyns mantle in my opinion

If you disagree with my opinion thats fine, your welcome to think something else, i don't begrudge anyone the right to think and say something different to my opinion

I just don't want to get drawn up into this (so if this infuriates someone please understand its just my opinion and should be treated as such not, as gospel), just felt that people are descending into a (perhaps jealous) arguement which isn't really representative of what trails-forum is about.

Edited by shamus

Its called baiting or trolling and writing posts in order to get an inflamed reaction is a warn'able offence. You've made your view clear, don't keep antagonising people.

Looking close with the hops though Jack. Have you looked to see if anyone else has pulled one off yet, and if not... have you thought about a name for the move?

Whats with all the hate? He's trying something new, pushing the boundaries of whats possible on a trials bike, and all you can think to do is tell him he's not as good as Danny Mac? Are you blind? They have completely different styles, they both have their own stregnths and weaknesses,

It's like comparing Tunnicliffe and Hermance, they're both amazing, but could both out-do the other in certain situations.

I haven't seen anybody "going on about his style of riding." Nor have I seen them making him out as Jesus. Sure he got a bit of praise for the London ride and for this, but that doesn't give reason for all the negative comments.

Basically you are taking this all too seriously if you think he is OVERRATED AND OTHER RIDERS DESERVE MORE RECOGNITION OMFG!!1!!!!! He didn't force you to read this topic or any other topics of his, so if you don't like hearing about him then stay out of topics that he makes.

Trials is a friendly sport, there's no need to promote hostility over nothing.

Nice work with the backflip mate, looks like you can have fun while you ride :)