Andrei Burton's Trial Of Wessex 2009

JackMeek

Hi to all riders viewing this topic,

I am pleased to announce that Andrei Burton is back with another event that is even bigger and better than the last one.

It's a one off

The competition is open to all: from street riders 20" 24" 26", local club riders, novices, intermedate, expert, elite and world championship riders. It's going to be so good.

There will be a constant area to practise/ride for all levels over the three days, like you may have seen at NASS or UCI Comps.

The Trial of Wessex will be on the following confirmed dates: 23rd-25th May, which are a Saturday, Sunday and BANK HOLIDAY Monday so you should all, hopefully, be off work/school/college etc

Saturday will consist of a day to practise or have fun trying all sorts of lines and hanging out relaxing with PRO's Famous Street riders and Freinds. In preparation for the Sunday and Monday comps.

How to enter:

The first thing you dont have to worry about is a license, we have sorted it out so that you won't need one.

The Next is to visit this website. http://www.trialofwessex.com/

Good news for competitors:

We are putting together a goody bag containing hydration and stuff to take away with you. Many other treats are being organised for the riders .

There will be trophies and prizes for podium winning riders. TBA.

There will also be 2 magazines and TV covering the day along with the winners and riders who had fun. This will be great for exposure for riders and the sport.

The courses will consist of 6 sections and 3 laps:

- Novice and Intermediate will be under BIU rules and start in the morning of Sunday and Monday. We have decided on BIU rules to make it more friendly to riders who are doing their first comp, however, we are going to chuck in a couple of UCI style sections to let you get your UCI skills out.

- Expert will start late morning on Sunday and Monday and will be under UCI Rules.

- Elite will be in the afternoon of Sunday and Monday, also under UCI Rules.

This is so that all riders can relax after their comp to follow and watch the Elite and pro riders and cheer them on.

The location is Sutton Sports Centre in Somerset, South-West England. HQ, Somerton Sports Club, Somerton, Somerset, TA11 6HS . Put that in you SAT NAV or Google Map It.

There are plenty of places to stay

This is also a cycle show which the trials comp will be headlining.

We have got 8 cars to ride on and tonnes and tonnes of concrete objects to ride etc. My self personally i cant wait to ride this event.

Each section will have a theme.

There will be plenty more details on the event to come.

Andrei B, Jack Meek and Joe Seddon have the best combined course design experience going so we are not going to let you down.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks,

Jack Meek.

Edited by JackMeek

Just had long chat with Andrei.

I'm so excited about this event. Andrei, me and joe and few other people have a whole week to

Build the riding area which will be

Imense and we have had some

Great

Ideas about section

Which are

Inspired off the Czech republic world championship section. Also we have some nice ideas for novice and itermidate sections. Oh for people who like kicker or two on to objects we will have them as well.