Andrei Burton's Trial Of Wessex 2009

JackMeek

If theres room/ its feasible to do, space for a bit of a speed trials run wouldnt go amiss methinks. you know, 2 identical/near identical sections, not that hard. side by side. not so much for the newer rides, but perhaps a bit of fun on the sunday night or whatever for the expert riders, and something for everyone else to watch. would take long at all, even with 32 riders, sorting it out as a knockout dealio. its only 31 races. and saying each race takes a minute, and another one setting up for the next one, you could be done in an hour(obviously youd allow 2 hours or whatever)

but would be more light hearted in the evening, something a little different, taking the advantage away from the experienced comp riders. Would also hopefully mean itd allow the younger/crapper/more nervous riders some time to play on the rest of the stuff without feeling like there getting in the way of the expert riders as they may on the saturday practice day.

Other nice easy light hearted evening entertainment(not sure if we got a time to vacate the venue in the evening/how much time is left over at the end of the day) that would hold some attention,2 posts and a bar, sidehop/bunnyhop competition. perhaps £1 entry, tartybikes/ridden tees as prizes (payed for with the £1 the people whove entered the competition's entry fee) with whatever left over going to charity/recouping any money that the 3 of you have put into organising it.

Speed trial has been in discussion. As comp is priority and huge rider warm up area for all.

Side hop comp.

Hook comp.

Step up comp

Gap comp what ever tecnique to clean

Etc

As for prizes tarty and ridden have nothing as yet to do with this event.

But exspect quality tarty bike riders coming to represent.

Mabey they will have tarty team riders stand. Watch this space.

TBA on official prizes.

There will be clothes, biketrial parts and more. We feel winners deserve really good prizes on top of there trophys.

Some really good ideas from you 2.

More more

What about stuff you have seen riders do in videos. Hit me with your ideas. Keep them coming.

Thanks,

Jack.M

Speed trial has been in discussion. As comp is priority and huge rider warm up area for all.

Side hop comp.

Hook comp.

Step up comp

Gap comp what ever tecnique to clean

Etc

As for prizes tarty and ridden have nothing as yet to do with this event.

But exspect quality tarty bike riders coming to represent.

Mabey they will have tarty team riders stand. Watch this space.

TBA on official prizes.

There will be clothes, biketrial parts and more. We feel winners deserve really good prizes on top of there trophys.

Some really good ideas from you 2.

Wasnt suggesting them as being donators for prizes, was more suggesting, say you got 20 entries to the side hop comp, thats £20, whoever won, it was agreed that someone would order them a Tee (dont wanna make it bike parts as its a bit pointless and not everyone uses everything, so giving away pedals would be a bit pointless if said person didnt want new pedals, or swore by only using certain brands), and it should be semi riding related. out of the £20, and whatever was left over went to you lot as the organisers/a chosen charity. Obviously if youve got prizes sorted out, its not needed as an idea (Can I suggest you get some printed up "I won Andrei Burtons trial of Wessex 2009 sidehop competition and all I got was this T-shirt " tee shirts)

Is there perhaps going to be a ramp with a platform next to it, so certain riders can do backflips to sidehops to wow the crowds? or is that not going to happen??

reversable lines?

one way for one section, back the other way for the next section.

save space?

circlular objects are fun.

part natural, part street sections?

n'woods idea of muliple lines sound interesting. take the easy route, time penalty??!?!?

on the speed trials, if you stop/trackstand, time penalty.

on the speed trials, if you stop/trackstand, time penalty.

Isn't that a bit of a given, since it's "speed trials"

If you're not moving, you're not saving time, there's no need for an external penalty. If you can trackstand for 10 seconds and still beat everyone else's time, fair play!

Isn't that a bit of a given, since it's "speed trials"

If you're not moving, you're not saving time, there's no need for an external penalty. If you can trackstand for 10 seconds and still beat everyone else's time, fair play!

????????????????????????????????

ups the pressure though!!!

just throwing out ideas?

Edited by Aaron.gloster

Me and Strath doggie, are planning to coming down....YAY!

That is wicked your making the trip down. look forward to meeting you guys. Im guessing your there for the whole three days?

This is a message for first time novice and intermidiate riders who are entering or thinking about it but have reservations.

Here are the rules. for novice and intermidiate riders as follows.

How do I get penalty points?

Performing the section with no dabs (clean section) 0 points

Over the prescribed time limit 5 points

1st dab 1 point

2nd dab 2 points

3rd dab 3 points

4th dab 3 points

5 or more dabs 5 points

2 dabs at the same time

foot & foot

foot & hand

foot & shoulder

knee & hand

hand & hand

etc.

Note: touching will be allowed, leaning not. 5 points

Leaning handlebar on the ground, tree or wall, etc. 1 point

Touching the hand to any object

(other than oneself or bicycle) 5 points

Other Penalties

Any help from end toes and heels 1 point

Outside the limits of section with either tire 5 points

Dabbing outside the section limits 1 point

Breaking the ribbon, knocking down marker 5 points

Two dabs on same side of bicycle 5 points

One foot crossing the longitudinal line of the bike while one foot is on the ground 5 points

Sliding one foot on the ground 3 points

Resting with pedal/skidplate (not toe clip)

okay for 3 seconds, after that 5 points

Rider modifies the section 10 points

Losing score card DQ

Gate foul 5 points

Pre-riding the course 100 points

Dont worry about how complicated it looks becuase it is not. Try them out on a street/natural ride see what you think.

If there are BIU riders looking at the rules and spot a mistake then add or correct to them.

Jack Meek.

This seems more of a trial for me as i love competition riding. The London ride didn't appeal to me enough for me to make the trip down from Leeds as i'm not a big fan of street somehow. I plan on coming down if tarty will get a mini bus together or i can get someone to go with me on the train cause i have no sence of direction lols xx i'll get you some piccys of a section i'm practicing on atm pal, good luck with the organising!

Nick

probably not what you were after but here's a few

dsc00025cti.th.jpg

dsc00026.th.jpg

dsc00029o.th.jpg

dsc00028veq.th.jpg

Edited by Nickkkkk

Oh and as everything in life - variety is the key.

I think some sections should be small and tech, some with bigger, scarier moves. Some with big run ups and kickers, some large static moves. Would be good to have obstacles that need you to sidehop both left and right within sections.

With a bit of luck there'll be some flowing rolling sections/options.

Stuff that can't really be done static would be cool to mix things up a bit, but isn't exactly easy to sort out other than using ramps. Might be worth considering though :)

read as 24" section wanted :P

really like this idea!!! for all the tgs riders out there to enter if they are reserved on the actual comp :)

you only like it cos you think you'll win :P

tis a good idea though, takes comps that bit further away from 22ti riding spandex clad people....

you only like it cos you think you'll win :P

tis a good idea though, takes comps that bit further away from 22ti riding spandex clad people....

nooooooo not at allll, i cant ride under pressssssssure :( , youl see! :$

i was just thinking cos i ride with alot of people who would NEVER enter a comp, but because this is like a street ride kind of thing, they may be inclined too :)