Tribalzine News

Ben Swales

My The first official competition in Iran

- collection of photos from the first official trials competition organised in the Iranian capital Tehran in February, won by Amir Mohamadi Nejad in 26" and Mehrshad Aghdaei en 20".

Chris Akrigg Not if but When

- Chris Akrigg, one of the most talented and creative riders to come out of the UK makes a return to his roots in this video. He shows off some incredible lines on both a trials bike and a motorbike, before a nasty fall puts and end to the fun...

John Webster at the Jump Ship Contest

- Some impressive footage of Rockman and Tribal Rider John Webster, Canadas No. 1 rider and the surprise success story of the 2011 World Championship, in action at a demo at a dirt contest last weekend.

Kevin Liu in Vancouver

- Canadian street rider Kevin Liu has just released his first full length video on his new Koxx Sky 2... filmed Vancouver, it is, as usual, excellent!

The Biella Semi Final

- Results and photos from the semi-final of the European Championships in Biella, dominated by Vincent Hermance and Yann Dunant in 26" and by Benito Ros and Raphael Pils in 20"!

Edited by Ben Swales

The 2013 World Championships in South Africa

South Africa is becoming something of a mountainbike mecca. A dream location for all kinds of mountain bikers that regularly welcomes the MTB World Cup. Now, in 2013, it will also play host to the MTB and trials World Championships!

Edited by Ben Swales

So Kenny Belaey is to sign for GT bicycles next year?

That's a big news. He said that as if of nothing in your Flash interview, probably following up on Hans' experience since the two have been developing similar activities, TV shows etc...

Congrats anyway! I am curious to see if GT is going to come with pure comp bikes for him or if they are going to encourage more freestyle (with sus forks etc... Norco style)

Yeah, big news! I was surprised to hear it as well! No idea whether they'll be bringing out a/some competition bike(s), or whether it'll be more 'adventure' focused... I imagine probably a bit of both. I hoep so anyway, it'd be a shame if he wasn't on the circuit next season!

The interview's now in English by the way (Y)

Kenny Belaey - Flash interview after Biella

- A flash interview with Kenny Belaey, who tells us about his victory in Biella, about his new Monty Kamel 231 and announces that in 2012 he will be riding for famous US company GT!

The Champvent World Cup

- The opening round of the 2011 World Cup takes place this weekend in the mediaeval town of Champvent, which is also celebrating it’s 1000th year ! Here’s a presentation of the event, where you will be able to keep up with the results ’live’!

Edited by Ben Swales

Gilles takes the reins in the 26" World Cup

Benito Ros takes the lead in the World Cup

Karin Moor wins the first round of the World Cup

An Interview with Léo Nobile

- Léo Nobile is a competitor turned street rider who mixes pure trials moves with the more BMX influenced street style tricks. Many people haven’t heard much about him, so we decided to introduce him properly...

The-European-Cup-in-Saix

- The full results and a few photos from the first round of the BIU European Cup, which took place in Saïx last week and was won in Elite by David Herka, ahead of Björn Levin and Vaclav Kolar. The UK's Scott Wilson finished 6th in Elite and Adam Morewood won the Poussin competition!

Edited by Ben Swales

Champvent by Sergio

- Photo by Sergio were, as usual, present at the Champvent round of the 2011 World Cup, and have already uploaded two photo galleries from the final, dedicated to Gilles Coustellier and Dani Comas!

Val d’Isère - Abel Mustieles victorious in Elite 20"!

Val d’Isère - Vincent Hermance is back with a World Cup win!

Val d’Isère - Karin Moor reigns unchallenged!

The UCI Top Ten after Champvent

Danny MacAskill on Destination Glisse

- France TV was all about the UK this Saturday, with a report on Danny MacAskill, with Tribal Zine's webmaster Jébegood talking them through the Scotish phenomenon's amazing journey!

Scott Wilson - Inpulse Bikes and 54 Sport

- UK Elite rider Scott Wilson is a well known face on the competition circuit, competing regularly in 26” BIU and UCI events. He has recently picked up a new sponsor and opened his own shop. He tells us a bit more about his new projects…

Ryan Crisp - 26" video

- Tribal Rider Ryan Crisp has been a bit quiet of late ; exams and studies have meant that he hasn’t been able to ride or compete as much as he’d like. With summer upon us that’s all at an end and he’s back with a new video on his 26" Echo Pure!

Norway's First Official Biketrial Competition

- One of Norway’s top trials riders, Eirik Ulltang, organised the first official biketrials competition in Norway last weekend in Bjørke. He won the Elite competition, ahead of Thomas Remvik Aasen and Joachim Skjævestad.

Edited by Ben Swales

Report - The Champvent World Cup

- A full report on the opening round of the 2011 World Cup at Champvent. It was a particularly intense round and an excellent start to the series. also featured are a quick video and a few words from Alain Rémy.

An Exclusive Interview with Ot Pi

- A "flash" interview with the Director General of Monty, on the companys news and the situation with Kenny Bealey and his move to GT.

Edited by Ben Swales

• 1 month later...

RadFest 2011 and British Trials Cup Round 3

- Finally got round to doing the write-up for this! The first trials festival to be held in the South of England took place at Barrow Farm Trials and Jump Centre in Essex on the 22nd-24th July. It was a fantastic event, with contests, a speed trial, trade stands and a round of the British Trials Cup. Here’s a full report and photos from the weekend.

Edited by Ben Swales

Jack Carthy in Antwerp

- Among the spectators at the Antwerp World Cup, fresh from his Youth Games victory, was a certain Jack Carthy. After the final had finished he took his Sky 2 and tried out some of the Elite sections... It was an incredible ’after show’ that those that saw it will not forget in a hurry!

Edited by Ben Swales
  • Like 2

well, I am no journalist or much of a writer, but it was possibly the worst written article I have seen for a long time. I am confident I could write something better than that.

I've just been through it again, and apart from a few typos that were my fault, and have now been corrected, I can't say I agree with you. You can't please everybody though I suppose.

• Like 1

You can't please everybody.

the words "cheesy" and "corny" come to mind, it's like it has been written for children. If that was in Dirt or Ride magazine, the auther would be laughed out of town.

It's not in Dirt or Ride Magazine, which you have to pay for. It's on a free online magazine that Jérome basically runs by himself, for no profit, alongside his job and other projects (which are taking up a lot of his time at the moment), so I think we can excuse him/us the odd article that doesn't quite come up to your standards.

• Like 3

Kenny Belaey after the success of Antwerp

- I'm working through a backlog of articles and translations at the minute, trying to get caught up after a few months off doing other stuff. Here's the first: a really interesting interview with Kenny Belaey after the World Cup round in Antwerp, in which he talks about the event, the future of the sport and how to promote it, and boy wonder Jack Carthy!

Presenting... the Monty M5

- Monty have brought trials firmly into the ’Carbon Age’ with their astonishing new M5, weighing in at 6.795, which was officially unveiled at the Eurobike exhibition. Check it out!

Jamie Williams - All my Life

- The latest video from UK Tribal Rider Jamie Williams, with the best clips from his summer street riding... there are some big moves in here, with some stylish tricks thown in for good measure!

Jack Carthy on his Sky 2

- A spectacular video from Koxx, Tarty Bikes and Tribal Rider Jack Carthy, Cadet World Champion, in training on his Sky 2, riding rocks, street and the impressive elite final sections in Antwerp!

Jamie Bew street in Newcastle

- A new street video from Tribal Rider Jamie Bew, shot in newcastle and featuring some nice lines and helmet camera footage!

Kenny-Belaey - Urban Park La Plagne

- Kenny "The Magician" Belaey lets his talent and imagination loose on the Urban Park sections in front of the camera of professional video maker Jean-Yves "Jym" Terrillon... Cool!

Ryan Crisp - street

- At the recent World Youth Games he put in a fantastic performance, finishing second in Cadet Class. Here’s Tribal Rider Ryan Crisp Ryan Crysp on the streets, in a video that mixes precision riding with big moves!

Edited by Ben Swales