Tribalzine News

Ben Swales

Crash Test of the 2011 FANS Evo

- Tribalzine periodically brings you the best tests of the most recent bikes and components, bringing you up to speed on whats hot and whats not. This time it was the turn of the 2011 FANS Evo... a light, manageable and good looking 20"!

Edited by Ben Swales

• 1 month later...

The British Trials Cup Final

- The final round of the British Trials Cup took place on Sunday 23rd October at Shipley Glen in Yorkshire. Jack Carthy took the win on the day, and in the series, finishing off the 2011 season with his fifth national title !

The first ever Scottish Bike Trial Championship: end of year report

- The first ever Scottish Bike Trial Championship was organised and held in 2011. It was a successful and enjoyable series, with six rounds held all over Scotland. Kevin Duke, the man behind it all, tells us how it went.

Edited by Ben Swales

• 1 month later...

The 2012 K-124 days will be twice as intense!

- K-124 Days is the extraordinary competition of exceptional intensity that traditionally opens the international season. In 2012, they will also close it!

Dominik Raab in Vienna

- Dominik Raab, UMF’s talented street rider, is back with another video filmed in his home town and Austria’s capital, Vienna, with bags of style and finesse on show!

Ozonys test the Hope Trial 2012

- The Hope Mono Trial has for several years been the reference point in trials disc braking. Hope will soon be bringing out a new version of their famous brake, and it is currently being tested by the Ozonys team!

James Davies Tribal Rider

- James has been riding for Tribal Zine for a while now, but I've only just got round to translating the announcement (sorry James!)...

Edited by Ben Swales

Vincent Hermance after Champéry

- The next in our series of end of season interviews (witha slight delay in translation). In Champéry he came very close to taking the world title. Vincent Hermance tells us about "the most intense final of his career", an exceptional 2011 season and his plans and hopes for 2012... "I’ll still be there!"

Mattia Slaifer official K-124 Photographer

- He was by our side this year to take the official 2011 K-124 Days photos. In 2012, Mattia Slaifer will be the official photographer for the K-124 team!

Join the 2012 Ozonys Team 2

- Ozonys are recruiting new riders for their team 2 in 2012, with the aim of promoting the spirit of the brand in competition and online ! Read in for more information.

Edited by Ben Swales

Gilles Coustellier after Champéry

- An exclusive interview with Gilles Coustellier ! The Big Boss talks about the 2011 World Championship, in which he was the main attraction, and the rest of his exceptional season and makes his statement of intent for 2012... "Win everything"!

Koxx: Abel leaves, Hannes arrives

- Koxx recently announced two big transfers: Abel Mustieles is leaving their dream team after several years of loyal service, and Hannes Hermann has signed up!

Adrian Lengyel & Trevor Bodogh, Gravity Riders 2011

- Big, stylish and smooth... a feature length video of the latest adventures of Rockman and Tribal Riders Adrian Lengyel (Hungary) and Trevor Bodogh (Canada) in North America!

Edited by Ben Swales
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Street trials in Newcastle

- A pleasant little video from Australia... Lewis Greenhalgh & Allan Phillipson give us a lesson in street trials by the sea in Newcastle!

Clean 2011

- Looking for some inspiration before going out riding? Mark Westlake has what you need...

Some unseen footage of Adrian Lengyel

- Rockman & Tribal Rider Adrian Lengyel brings us a new video compiling some mostly unseen clips from his trip to Canada in the summer.

John Webster Back and Fourth

- A brilliant video showcasing the talent of talented comp rider and Canadian No. 1 John Webster, who had another great result at the 2011 worlds, finishing in fourth place!

Martin Direske on his Inspired Skye

- Talented German street rider Martin Direske has started 2012 strongly with a video on his new Skye, filmed on the streets of Cologne.

Joachim Skjaevestad - Best of 2011

- Another great video to start the year! Norwegian rider Joachim Skjævestad brings us a compilation of dynamic and impressive clips filmed in 2011 all over Europe.

John Shrewsbury - Start Of Winter

- Another quality street video from John... Stylish, burly and creative, with big bunnyhops, smoth manuals and imaginative lines. Enjoy...

The new Koxx website

- K-124 are continuing their web revolution... After the new K-124 website and iPhone app, heres the new elegant and functional Koxx website, which presents the team and the bikes ridden by the World Champions!

A Day With La Bestia

- The Grand Master of 20" trials is immortalised in this great video from Colombian rider Francisco "Pacho" Villegas, filmed while Benito was in Santiago, Chile in October 2011!

Pavel Borisevich - 007

- Russian powerhouse Pavel Borisevich recently uploaded a new video that blew the trials world away once more. The glacial cold of the Russian winter, a shattered pedal... nothing cans stop this phenomenal rider!

Stan Cap in the new Tarty Bikes Warehouse

- Before Tarty Bikes move into their new warehouse, Stan Shaw and Andrew "Cap" Willan spent two nights in there riding the new set up... This video is the result.

Four bargain bikes from Tribal Zine

- Looking for a new bike to start the new year ? Tribal Zine has what you need… Four test bikes that have been tested and approved by the Tribal Zine team, at knockdown prices!

Edited by Ben Swales
  • Like 1

Your Complete Guide to Trials Riding

- Ever thought it would be good to have something to guide you through the techniques of our discipline ? Well, look no further ! Julien, the webmaster at Trashzen, is going to publish a 240 page book that does just that….

John Webster's Got Talent

- John Webster has talent, as we all know. This talent could reach a huge audience in Canada 2012, if he is chosen for the first season of Canada’s Got Talent! And you can help him!

Edited by Ben Swales

• 2 weeks later...

Zhao Xuan a Chinese rider with wings

- Zhao Xuan's had some pretty impressive edits out recently. At 21 years old, his level of riding is incredible! We decided to get hold of him and talk to him about his history, his goals and what makes him tick.

Mickael Dupont - one crazy street rider!

- In just one year, Mickaël Dupont has brought his riding up to a seriously impressive level. His latest video has caused a bit of a stir, not least because he is riding an old ladys bike ! Watch it, and then read our mini-interview with the man himself.

Edited by Ben Swales

• 2 weeks later...

2012: Abel's year!

- An interview with the World No. 2. Abel Mustieles tells us about his integration into the Monty team, his impressions of his new M5 and his feelings about the new format of the World Cups.

The 2012 Inspired Fourplay and Element 24

- Inspired have improved and updated three of their models for the new season : the famous Fourplay Team & Pro and the Element 24. The Inspired staff Inspired tell us all about these changes for 2012...

Edited by Ben Swales
  • Like 1

Matty Turner the mini MacAskill

- He’s only twelve years old, but his mastery of street trials is already mindblowing ! Here are the latest videos from Matty Turner, who is following in the footsteps of his idol Danny MacAskill...

Danny MacAskill, back in Edinburgh with Lezyne

- The undisputed king of street trials has brought out his first video of the year in collaboration with his new sponsor Lezyne... He returns to Edinburgh, where he worked as a mechanic before hitting the big time with his famous video in 2009, also filmed in Edinburgh!

Guillermo Marin's farewell video

- Guillermo Marin, the talented street rider from Barcelona and the man behind some of the most creative lines in the business, is leaving trials for a while to concentrate on MTB / Freeride ! He put together one last video before he did...

Adam Bessell - Inspired Hex

- A short but sweet video of Adam Bessell riding his Inspired Hex round the industrial estate where he works. A little gem!

Flipp'ing out

- Brakeless trials seems to be taking off, in the UK at least, and riders like Flipp are managing to reach an extraordinary level that many of us fail to attain even WITH brakes!

TRA - the born again street rider

- Norwegian trials monster Thomas Remvik Aasen has had a change of direction. He’s now riding an Inspired Hex and has adjusted his style somewhat to suit his new bike. It’s the most impressive street riding we’ve seen since Danny Mac!

Edited by Ben Swales
  • Like 1

RadFest Trials Festival

- Radfest, a festival of trials held at the famous Barrow Farm in Essex, is now an unmissable event in the UK trials calendar. Here’s the video of the 2011 edition, by Jonny Jones, and details of how to sign up for this year’s event!

Tribal Zine with Inspired, Trialtech and Trial-Bikes in 2012!

- The biggest brands and most dynamic shops of the moment are supporting Tribal Zine in our mission to offer you the best trials news, info and media on a daily basis! Three new partners have joined us in 2012: Inspired, Trialtech and Trial-Bikes!

Edited by Ben Swales
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The 2012 Ozonys Cannibal

- Ozonys unveil the latest version of their famous Cannibal, the 2012 V4. It has been lightened further and has adopted new graphics and a grey anodised finish.

K-124 Days 2012 Round 1 - Programme and Registration

- The legendary K-124 Days competition will, as is now tradition, open the 2012 international season in less than a month. Here’s the programme of events for Round 1 and the link for registration!

Tarty-Bikes an interview with Adam 'The Tart' Read

- TartyBikes is the world’s leading online bike trials shop, renowned for their huge range of bikes and parts and for their impeccable customer service. We spoke to owner Adam Read about the shop, the sport and how he has made such a success of Tarty Bikes.

Edited by Ben Swales
  • Like 1

He's contending with us old boys at Blackpool in May, you coming up for a ride Dunc? Thought you might have come along on Sunday!

I might just that do if i manage to put some brakes on again and wipe the dust off my speedrace frame :P I was going to come and watch but i didn't get in from an 18th til dinnertime :P

I enjoyed reading the interview (Y) When will i see you on a bike again ben?!

Thanks - so did I! Adam gave us some great answers, which made it pretty easy really! I've just finished buidling up my new bike, hoping to get out on it at some point this week/weekend, but yes, as Dave says, I'll be riding senior at Blackpool too. You should come along!

Thanks - so did I! Adam gave us some great answers, which made it pretty easy really! I've just finished buidling up my new bike, hoping to get out on it at some point this week/weekend, but yes, as Dave says, I'll be riding senior at Blackpool too. You should come along!

Just out of interest, how was that interview conducted? It didn't look like it was a simple case of emailing over a load of questions and getting the answers back, it seemed a lot more conversational. Good job (Y)

Cheers (Y)

In actual fact, I did just email Adam some questions, but like I say, he gave me some really good answers, so it didn't need much editing at all and reads really well - best interviewee ever!

I assumed it'd be that way, which is why I was nicely surprised it didn't sound like it. Obviously good work on both sides to get it to come out with a noticeable amount of fluidity :) There's plenty of interviews out there on the interweb that couldn't have the same said about them...

A Spectacular Training Session at La Canche

- Tribal Zine were at the La Canche aux Merciers "secret spot" for a pretty spectacular training session with Supermance, Hege, Nico’ and co La Canche aux Merciers. Here are the video and photos of the day.

Grenoble - Hegedus vs. Aurélien

- Laszlo Hegedus and Gabor Orban’s European roadtrip saw them taking in Grenoble for a spot of street riding. They met up with Aurélien Fontenoy who showed them the spots and had a bit of friendly competition with Hegedeus. Check it out...

Jérôme Chapuis - Sleeping Nature

- It’s not just street riders that can put together great videos... and Swiss Champion Jérôme Chapuis has the proof ! Incredible riding (especially when you consider the ice and snow), perfect soundtrack, superb editing, this video has it all!

Andrew Dickey - Black Bike Vol. 1

- We knew that eight-time Australian Champion Andrew Dickey was working on a crazy new video... but we weren’t expecting this!

Edited by Ben Swales