Inspired Fourplay Vs 24uk

Scott Gibbs

forks. Onza wise guy

halo hubs

tyres. Maxxis hollyrollers 2.4

stem. Gusset lil sod bmx stem

headset. Fsa pig dh

18:12 gearing.

I guess it depends what you're going to do on it but those bits stand out as being a bit 'iffy'.

*Forks wouldn't be my choice but if you have them already cool. TrialTechs or the Inspired ones when they come out would be at the top of my list.

*Halo rear hub would worry me... I'd go with a Pro2 or even an Eno and go front freewheel.

*You might want a narrower tyre on the front, but that's just preference.

*The stem is reeeaaalllly short and probably pretty heavy. The consensus is that around 90mm with a 15 odd degree rise is about optimum for keeping streetyness while allowing more trialsy moves as well.

*I've never been a fan of Pigs on trials bikes, they're just too overbuilt and burly.

*18:12 is very stiff for a 24" but again it depends on what you're going to use it for. Most run 18:14 or 18:13.

Hope that helps a little...

I've been running 18:13 on my Inspired since I bought it and I think it's great for rolling stuff. Recently I've found that it's holding me back when it comes to anything remotely trialsey. I can't gap as far as I used to, and I find anything requiring a bit of 'flick' quite difficult. I bought a 14t yesterday, looking forward to trying it out.

I guess it depends what you're going to do on it but those bits stand out as being a bit 'iffy'.

*Forks wouldn't be my choice but if you have them already cool. TrialTechs or the Inspired ones when they come out would be at the top of my list.

*Halo rear hub would worry me... I'd go with a Pro2 or even an Eno and go front freewheel.

*You might want a narrower tyre on the front, but that's just preference.

*The stem is reeeaaalllly short and probably pretty heavy. The consensus is that around 90mm with a 15 odd degree rise is about optimum for keeping streetyness while allowing more trialsy moves as well.

*I've never been a fan of Pigs on trials bikes, they're just too overbuilt and burly.

*18:12 is very stiff for a 24" but again it depends on what you're going to use it for. Most run 18:14 or 18:13.

Hope that helps a little...

I already have the halo's so im stuck with them for now, i suppose i could just shim the bars and get a 90mm stem any suggestions? Maybe a bit more rise though. I might go with a 2.2 moto rt on the front or a tioga comp 3. Gearing i will try each suggestion and see which works best. Also any thoughts on how much stackers i should run? Thanks guys.

I love my 24UK, it is the funniest bike i have ever owned.

I had the Inspired, and don't get me wrong, it rode lovely. Manueled effortlessly, could hop higher than any other 'real' trials bike i had ever owned. But it was a tad too long, and the BB was a bit high.

Then Rainbird came along (I love you) willing to swap his 24UK for my Inspired. Did it without a thought (i had always wanted a 24UK, the only reason i got a Inspired is because the supply company for Steve mucked him around.

So yeah, 24UK, best bike everrrr :):)

...and from there a crack team of 24whores was spawned. Game on this summer chaps (Y)

Im Gunna look such a twat when i have built her cuz im still on the learning curve! Im struggling with my backhopping at the moment i can do about 2! I spent nearly 2 hours in the car park outside my flat trying to hop on the back wheel! I felt so silly people lookin out the window watchin an idiot fallin off a bright blue saracen again and again! Lol

Also guys i have just been lookin on tartybikes and spotted the neon conquer forks, what are there like? Thats my sort of budget about £85 max, or less! Also any news on the inspired forks? I emailed adam at tartybikes and all he knew was they were still prototypes and suggested i email dave at inspired but i heard nothing back, thought maybe someone out there knows! Cheers guys

Everyone's been there dude (some of us still are, don't worry!)

As always, you'd be more than welcome on any of our rides - the more the merrier, level of riding is irrelevant (Y)

My mate brian is on here (skuzzbucket) and he makes it looks so bloody effortless Grrrrr! I am trying though! I got the old tricks and stunts on dvd so im goin through it bit by bit and its a slow process! Lol!! I would like to come on a ride sometime just where and when? Ps i dont drive though! :(

Your profile says you're in Hampshire - Pompey and So'ton seem to have a decent group of riders and frequent enough rides if you can make it along.

Speak to Chris (El Cristoff) at some point - he's a 24" rider from Portsmouth and will fill you in on the plans for the summer. Effectively and east-west road trip for the 24" boys and you'd be more than welcome along if you wanted to come (Y)

Your profile says you're in Hampshire - Pompey and So'ton seem to have a decent group of riders and frequent enough rides if you can make it along.

Speak to Chris (El Cristoff) at some point - he's a 24" rider from Portsmouth and will fill you in on the plans for the summer. You'd be more than welcome along if you wanted to come (Y)

I was down in plymouth for a family do over the weekend and i saw so much stuff to ride but i had no bike:(

Massive 24", coast to coast, drink fueled carnage for the summer? Yes please :D

Note: Only people with seats and a wheelsize of 24 inch's welcome, so people with Zoots... Go home :P

I so cant wait to get my inspired! I noticed that there seems to be a real different vibe to the 24" riders.

Massive 24", coast to coast, drink fueled carnage for the summer? Yes please :D

Note: Only people with seats and a wheelsize of 24 inch's welcome, so people with Zoots... Go home :P

Oooh! That's a little below the belt :(

Anyway, we all know that having a seat = a sweaty arse! ......

post-21329-1241733258_thumb.jpg

:giggle:

Oooh! That's a little below the belt :(

Anyway, we all know that having a seat = a sweaty arse! ......

:giggle:

Get back in your hole with your Zoot!

Pivitol *** ;)

Can't believe 24UK's are being called budget bikes, they cost exactly the same as a Inspired, and look just as nice IMO

I so cant wait to get my inspired! I noticed that there seems to be a real different vibe to the 24" riders.

Yeah, we don't care about that 1" we can't make on a sidehop. Its all about fun, lines, and manuals :)

You will have fun, trust :)

Enough of the racism, Chris.

MAM, if you fancied the trip (or one of the stops if we're swinging your way, so to speak...) then you'd be more than welcome, seat or no seat! Minor issue being that the nearest spot to you that we'll be hitting is Bristol though...

Inspired for sure man , 24uk is not so great looks very on budget side and not professional. i got black inspired and its the best bike i ever rode.

yeah its the inspired for me man. I dont think the 24uk is budget but it doesnt have the clean lines and look of the inspired. Im just tryin to figure out a way of making it stand out from all the other inspired fourplays now. Maybe a black one and get my mate to airbrush some green flames around the headtube

Pivitol *** ;)

Can't believe 24UK's are being called budget bikes, they cost exactly the same as a Inspired, and look just as nice IMO

Yeah, we don't care about that 1" we can't make on a sidehop. Its all about fun, lines, and manuals :)

Ooh that side hop comment was a bit low! Lol it seems comp riders take stuff a bit too serious. Well that the impression i have got of ridin with comp guys over the years! I was Gunna buy a zoo pitbull before i decided on an inspired but did have the thought that if i was seen on a pitbull it would be immediatly presumed that i could do like 30" sidehops and shit!

Pivitol *** ;)

Ooh that side hop comment was a bit low! Lol it seems comp riders take stuff a bit too serious. Well that the impression i have got of ridin with comp guys over the years! I was Gunna buy a zoo pitbull before i decided on an inspired but did have the thought that if i was seen on a pitbull it would be immediatly presumed that i could do like 30" sidehops and shit!