Inspired Fourplay Vs 24uk

Scott Gibbs

damn staright (Y)

yeh, they're snobs! :P

bellend :P

it dont matter weather you got seats or not its all about the streets man! Everyone is says about the zoots what i can gather its a fourplay minus the seat! But as long as we have good times it dont matter! Thats my opinion!

would using a dmr revolver rear hub with a good quality freewheel be a good idea

yes :) can get more EPs than a king for much less money (Y) and the engagements are faster on the rear than with a ffw (Y)

yes :) can get more EPs than a king for much less money (Y) and the engagements are faster on the rear than with a ffw (Y)

ah so i should get super fast pick up then. I mean what does a king cost 300quid upwards? A revolver would cost me 70 quid and 50-60 for a freewheel. I wouldnt run a freewheel up front cuz i dont want my jeans mangled!

Somebody was selling one for £70 recently - I think it may have been Nathan Roach, though I'm not 100% on that and it may have gone already (Y)

yeah i would prefer to buy new kit if possible just peace of mind! Any word on the inspired forks? I think they are the only choice!

Edited by bender b rodreguez

Thought i may aswell ask this in here rather than starting a new topic. what are your guys thoughts on this rim? dead cheap but will it hold up?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26259

also can't tell if i could use a maggie on it or wether its disc..

Edited by Ollie Histon

Thought i may aswell ask this in here rather than starting a new topic. what are your guys thoughts on this rim? dead cheap but will it hold up?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26259

also can't tell if i could use a maggie on it or wether its disc..

Note that the picture on the CRC site is not of the Mammoth but of a BFR. The Mammoth is a bit heavy and a bit narrow but they are pretty strong. They have really high sidewalls and will work well with a rim brake (Y). I ran them for a couple of years on my GT Backwoods 26" back in 99 or so. They're also kind of strange in that they use a weird plastic strip around the rim for some reason.

Actual Mammoth rim:

mammoth.jpg

Edit: I think the BFR's are the same as the Mammoths but without the 'composite strip':

312PJZ55BZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Note that the picture on the CRC site is not of the Mammoth but of a BFR. The Mammoth is a bit heavy and a bit narrow but they are pretty strong. They have really high sidewalls and will work well with a rim brake (Y). I ran them for a couple of years on my GT Backwoods 26" back in 99 or so. They're also kind of strange in that they use a weird plastic strip around the rim for some reason.

Actual Mammoth rim:

mammoth.jpg

Edit: I think the BFR's are the same as the Mammoths but without the 'composite strip':

312PJZ55BZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

mate i Havent seen one of them in years! One of my mates had one of them on the rear of his club roost stinger he beat the shit out of it and it never let go! There good rims look naff but work well

Yeah i know the inspired's a 135mm rear spacing! Wanted to know for a curtis sx 24 my mate is building up.

Ah fair enough. BMX hub wise Profile are one of the best but because engagements are less important virtually anything will work fine i.e. Odyssey Hazard or any other reasonable brand cassette hub (Y).

Ah fair enough. BMX hub wise Profile are one of the best but because engagements are less important virtually anything will work fine i.e. Odyssey Hazard or any other reasonable brand cassette hub (Y).

cheers bud, that answers that question! I doubt he will get a profile now he spunked most of his budget on a 700 quid frame! ouch.

pour le tour? - ?

For the tour.

When you riding LDN? I'll be living there in the next few weeks and am looking forward to it being my local riding spot. My Inspired deserves better than the shit street its currently getting!

It'll be on the 23rd of August, going there after a couple of days madness in Southend.

If you're gonna be there in the next few weeks and wanna ride, give me a shout and i'll get some of the 24 dawgs out (Y)

Excellent man. Well i'll definetly be there by August. Just sorting out viewings now so looking to get there by the end of the month/very beginning of next month. Can't wait now - have wanted to live in London for a long time. Yeah you'll have to show me the good spots as i haven't actually ridden there before!