Inspired Fourplay Vs 24uk

Scott Gibbs

Cant believe it. He sold it to someone else for 220 when he offered it to me - posted- for 185 which I agreed to. Not cool, not cool at all.

No emails, no replies, NOTHING at all.

I wouldve bought it for 220 or a bit more anyway as it saves me money from a new frame which Im now forced to buy.

He wouldve made more from me with the extra parts I was chasing but now I cant even trust him to reply so will look elsewhere. He's missing out on more sales due to this which is his own doing

He just chickened out and didnt even want to talk with me about money as he felt worried I spose.

He still shoudve, purely out of respect. I was emailing him asking him to let me know what was going on regardless so I can inform Tarty's but he didnt even do that. Not cool, not at all.

Pretty unhappy with the way he's gone about all this as its stuffed me around a hell of a lot and also you now. He hasnt realised - or cared- that it goes down the line and has made other people unhappy.

That is a major blow for u man, it f**kin sucks to be honest mate! I cant imagine how u feel at the moment! But at least u can get the frame from tarty and ill just wait till august! Still look on the bright ride mate u got a shiny new inspired! Any way thanks for letting me know what was happening bud.

That is a major blow for u man, it f**kin sucks to be honest mate! I cant imagine how u feel at the moment! But at least u can get the frame from tarty and ill just wait till august! Still look on the bright ride mate u got a shiny new inspired! Any way thanks for letting me know what was happening bud.

Feeling pretty unhappy I can tell you that much...

For sure mate, any time. Im just sorry its not good news hey as what he's done has stuffed both of us around. Would love to have given you good news.

I would also really loved to have saved that 80quid.

I need to get a total build cost worked out to as its quickly getting stupid with the parts I need, but also I want people to get back to me about the parts Im constantly asking them for.

Really wish people on here in the for sale sections were more reliable and cared about how others feel.

Having said that, the only reason Im being affected by it all its purely down to the pressure Im under to get the parts, box them up and ship them home with all my life belongings Ive aquired here.

If not for that, I wouldnt be getting too bothered by it.

Thing is, many of the members on this forum are around 22yo (from the average Ive personally seen anyway- I could be wrong).

Many are still living at home with mum and dad, havent travelled, and havent experienced the stress and pressure you get under when trying to pack your life up and trying to send it home by the cheapest means. Its nothing against them at all though. Its not their fault in any way.

My point is that if they'd been through what Im currently going through, they'd be more likely to keep me up to date with whats happening with the sales of their items, considering the urgency Im chasing them with.

I have my mountain bike here too for example. Im not selling it as I wont get even 600 when I spent 2800pounds on it.

Best bike Ive ever bought and Im not selling it. Theres no need, its brilliant.

Ive heard so many bad stories of the shipping freight companies and things going missing. I also dont want to have to go through the hell of trying to convince them that Ive owned the bike for over a year (without having a receipt) to avoid paying the taxes and duties they try to charge on bringing my own, used-not new, bike back home with me.

Its either that or I get this Inspired frame, put it in the same bike box as the mountain bike and fit as many parts in there as possible. Get my partner, Julie, to take that as her "luggage" on the plane and declare it as "sports goods" which on average for air companies is a 20kg allowance.

If I have to strip my bike down (which I will) to make sure the bike box with the frames and most expensive parts all fit and stay under 20kg, then I will.

I'll put the cheaper parts in the small boxes via the shipping company and run the risk of them going missing.

The other smaller expensive parts (like brakes hubs etc- if I cant get full wheel builds) I'll take with me in my suitcase luggage so I know they cant get stolen.

The boxes being sent through the shipping company will take 3months to get there. Anything can happen at either end of the trip in terms of theft, loss etc.

Im trying to avoid as many costs as possible and trying to get as many good parts as possible or I'll have to import them to me in Aus from here later on when Im at home.

In that case I'll most likely get them without paying duties. Though not always, unless the box is big enough to pick up on customs radar for them to charge duties on it.

So theres a lot of stuff going on atm.

Julie just got here today. We've just gone through the bag she brought her stuff in to find her phone has been stolen which I bought her for Christmas.

Theres NOTHING worse than having to go through the ringer with insurance companies to make claims and get items replaced.

The other reason I wont be sending my bike through the shipping company is from what they told me on the phone. You guys will LOVE this....lol

"No, we wont be delivering the bike box for you"

Me: "Whys that?"

"You need to give your bike to the delivery man when he drops the boxes off for your other smaller items. He takes your bike back to the depo and the people there disassemble it, box it up and we send it to you"

Me: *burst out laughing* "Are you serious?? Theres absolutely no way Im just giving my bike over to a truck driver for someone else to disassemble and box up."

"This is how it works if we are to send your bike"

Me:"My bike is very expensive. Theres no way Im just handing it over to a complete stranger, for more complete strangers to pull it apart to box up. I can do this myself. Im sorry, I dont trust any one else to do this. What if it gets damaged by them or there are parts missing when it gets to Aus? Of course they'll say 'that was already like that' or 'that wasnt there when e disassembled the bike at the depo'. Ive been through this before and Im not doing it again. So theres no way you can just send the box and have me box the bike up myself? Look, im in NO way interested in going through an insurance claim if somethings damaged. This bike is very expensive and I dont have the time, money or patience to go through all the crap that has to happen with making a claim. I will avoid that at ALL costs. If I cant do the bike box then we cant do the other boxes as this just isnt going to work for us. We want one company to do the lot, not bits and pieces."

"If you get your own bike box its fine, we'll send it for you once you box the bike up"

Me: ".............?? Sorry? How is this any different from the beginning? The only difference is I'll have a bike box ive had to get myself, instead of your one?"

"Yes, thats fine. We need to pack our own boxes as we know how to and if you used our box and packed it incorrectly, then we're liable"

Me:"......... *felt like stating that a bix is a friggen box, theres REALLY not that much science to them or between one box and another, but I didnt* I'm going to pack it myself with so much packaging as I dont want anything damaged. You wouldnt be liable as its expensive, I dont want anything broken or damaged and just want it delivered to me as Ive packed it. Are you sure you cant just send the box?"

"Sorry, no. If you get your own it will be fine though"

And it went on.

In the end, im getting my own box and trying to pack two frames in it with the most expensive stuff in that box and my luggage suitcase for the plane flight, instead of in the small boxes through the shipping company.

I cant find a box online though. Ive found a box which is long enough, but not wide enough (literally would only fit one bike)

Unfortunately, the bike box the shipping company uses are 210mm wide. This is the ideal size I need.

Im going to try to get to a LBS and ask them for a free box and some rim boxes etc to put the parts in.

Going to need a frame box incase someone wants to buy my Onza Woodstock which nobody's replied to. May need to send that home to Aus too and try to sell it there as simply no-one seems to be keen on any of the parts which is pretty heart breaking. I need the money from that to go towards the Inspired build.

Cant believe it. He sold it to someone else for 220 when he offered it to me - posted- for 185 which I agreed to. Not cool, not cool at all.

No emails, no replies, NOTHING at all.

I wouldve bought it for 220 or a bit more anyway as it saves me money from a new frame which Im now forced to buy.

He wouldve made more from me with the extra parts I was chasing but now I cant even trust him to reply so will look elsewhere. He's missing out on more sales due to this which is his own doing

He just chickened out and didnt even want to talk with me about money as he felt worried I spose.

He still shoudve, purely out of respect. I was emailing him asking him to let me know what was going on regardless so I can inform Tarty's but he didnt even do that. Not cool, not at all.

Pretty unhappy with the way he's gone about all this as its stuffed me around a hell of a lot and also you now. He hasnt realised - or cared- that it goes down the line and has made other people unhappy.

I was talking to Rich about this at the DJ ride (he also lives at the same road as me) and he said he hadn't arranged a sale with that frame at all! He was really confused when you said it was harsh, etc? Some confusion somewhere down the line, but he's not going to lie about it to me...

I was talking to Rich about this at the DJ ride (he also lives at the same road as me) and he said he hadn't arranged a sale with that frame at all! He was really confused when you said it was harsh, etc? Some confusion somewhere down the line, but he's not going to lie about it to me...

Crap, the server keeps having a heart attack.

I fully edited what I said prior to posting but it put up what I'd written before the editing. Its been doing this all night. I clicked "back" and it went back to what you'd have received in your email accounts. Anyway, ive gone through and tried to put it how i had it before it all went wrong, so here it is :)

He ignored the emails and PM's Id sent. He shouldve gotten back to me and at least let me know.

Ive got sent-email copies and also sent-PM copies and the inbox PM from him with the price offered at 185 posted.

I sent him PM's, emails and gave him my number in both. Theres no way he couldnt have gotten the messages. He just wanted a higher paying sale.

I just hope he doesnt do business dealings like this in the future where if he gets a better offer he just ignores the other buyer whom he offered it to at the beginning.

He needed to at the very least -even if he was going to go down that road which isnt right anyway- give the other person a chance to counter offer.

He wouldve gotten more from me if he'd done the right thing and replied to me. I wouldve also bought extra parts.

I'll forgive him for whatever happened, but I just dont want him to get himself in trouble with business dealings in the future of more expensive items. Ive seen it before, the more money that is involved, the more the person cares.

Anyway , look its done now, I dont want to keep talking on and on about it and repeating what happened. I just hope that he learned something from this, that he did tread on people toes. Lets move on.

Id appreciate your input fellas, into what you think about a wheel build for the Inspired?

Check out my thread here:

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=137287

Cheers ;)

Edited by † CETFLY †

Ive got sent-email copies and also sent-PM copies and the inbox PM from him with the price offered at 185 posted.

I sent him PM's, emails and gave him my number in both. Theres no way he couldnt have gotten the messages. He just wanted a higher paying sale.

Did he actually confirm that he would sell it to you?

ye the best bet is to find a halfords or the LBS and ask to pinch a box, if you're lucky they may have taken a DH frame recently, and they are usually in nice big wide boxes :D

and i'm probably banging on about something you're aware of, but make sure the rear end is spaced out! cracked frames from transport/flights are a bitch!

ye the best bet is to find a halfords or the LBS and ask to pinch a box, if you're lucky they may have taken a DH frame recently, and they are usually in nice big wide boxes :D

and i'm probably banging on about something you're aware of, but make sure the rear end is spaced out! cracked frames from transport/flights are a bitch!

Yeah, I'll need to do that. I need the widest box I can get my hands on

Make sure u wrap the s**t out of it with bubblewrap though cuz i would be worried sick about them denting it!

Ohh brother, I will be hey! We were way too busy today to ring Tarty. Im calling Ali C tomorrow about it all. Need to make sure the frame is still there before anything else goes ahead!

Need to pick up this bike box, start stripping my moutain bike down to make sure two frames and larger parts will fit inside the one box.

So much to do :S

Edited by † CETFLY †