What Happens When You Abuse Steel

Damon W

:oWTF! I can understand downtube abuse from stacks, but that is just plain ridiculous. What kind of riding stack bends bends both top and downtube? PS, Damon did you give it on video? Edited by Rusevelt

Ahahaha classic, get a video out fast and get a real bike.

'real bike' in progress ;)

:oWTF! I can understand downtube abuse from stacks, but that is just plain ridiculous. What kind of riding stack bends bends both top and downtube?

wasnt a stack, was a gap'er

I was thinking of getting one but changed my mind when the guy couldn't tell me what grade of steel they were made from.

Unlucky Damon! Not surprised though to be honest, whats the plan, try and get another 24" frame?

wawawawa, i just ordered one of his mod frames. Im only 115 pounds - lighty, and im not pulling big moves, will it hold you think?

if your that light and you dont go big youl b fine to be honest

im 200 pounds thats probs why it went prematurly

Ok, thats what i figgered. i would be fricken ticked off if it broke, ive spent the last 2 months saving for it. If it just cracks, my dad has a welder, so its fixable, but not if it does that! lol

Thanks

if your that light and you dont go big youl b fine to be honest

im 200 pounds thats probs why it went prematurly

i heard it was "carbon steel" which is basically high tensile steel right?

I have heard than the more carbon the steel has in it, the more strength it has and the more non-flexy it becomes.

I'm not sure what grade of steel marino uses though...

Hope you got some clips with that bike before this happened.

Edited by TrialZonn

Why should they send out another? Just because one of the harshest riders in the world broke a frame that cost like £100? I know he's sponsored by them so thats cool, but if he wasn't I don't see a reason for them to send one out.

Why should they send out another? Just because one of the harshest riders in the world broke a frame that cost like £100? I know he's sponsored by them so thats cool, but if he wasn't I don't see a reason for them to send one out.
Damon's sponsored by them anyway.

I'm sure they are over the moon with him showing everyone how crap their frames are lol.

Why has the down tube been so pinched around the fold? Obviously the tube will be pinched exactly on the fold however here it's pinched for a good 2-3 inches up from it as well!

Looks like it's been crushed somehow.

I'm liking how you managed to twist the back end in the first place though. I too am now interested in what grade Marino uses although it could just be a case of too thin tubing used!

Edited by Shaun H

Why has the down tube been so pinched around the fold? Obviously the tube will be pinched exactly on the fold however here it's pinched for a good 2-3 inches up from it as well!

Looks like it's been crushed somehow.

I'm liking how you managed to twist the back end in the first place though. I too am now interested in what grade Marino uses although it could just be a case of too thin tubing used!

when it went i tryed hammerin it back into shape, needless to say, it didnt work