What Happens When You Abuse Steel

Damon W

it does seem as if the front triangle is a bit too long....needs another seat-tube like a t-rex to give it a bit more stiffness maybe..?

Even though we all knew marino is just a bloke in a shed...this really shows the value of design and testing that the big companies do..! That's where all the money goes then...

Carbon steel...hehehe..quality.

it does seem as if the front triangle is a bit too long....needs another seat-tube like a t-rex to give it a bit more stiffness maybe..?

Even though we all knew marino is just a bloke in a shed...this really shows the value of design and testing that the big companies do..! That's where all the money goes then...

Carbon steel...hehehe..quality.

Marino's frames are a lot stronger than most of the trials frames on the market. At least this one last damon a while, he was going through adamant/gu/zoo frames in like a week...

reweld it?

:lol:

*Attention Rich*

Didn't the Leeson Thumper have similar problems? (although no-where near as bad...) Like, steel frames just not being conducive to long and low?

It had all those mad braces between the top + downtubes, was a beast!

Edited by Skoze

The more carbon steel has the stronger it becomes however the carbon makes it more brittle .However the less carbon it has the weaker it is and the more chance of it bending instead... loose loose situation if you ask me animal by the way... exactly how old was it before it died

Rick x

I'm sure they are over the moon with him showing everyone how crap their frames are lol.

Yea I think Joe Maher and Hermances convo went something like this.

"So how many of them have you snapped?"

"0.... and even if I broke 500 i would still say 0" :D

Good work Damon.

:lol: ive never seen a frame thats snaped like that :lol:

mate ive seen your vids, and the goo held up really well ;)

maybe if they were a bigger company they would make stronger frames??

or they probably never thought you'd ride one so never thought about making it strong enuf to take so much abuse you gave youre goo ;)

At the end of the day how many inspireds has Danny Mac snapped, if you go as big as these dudes your going to snap a few.

Yess, butttttt.....the diffrence is, Danny doesnt come on here..*bragging, so to speek* about how he's braking his sponsers frame. In the short/long term potentially losing customers for the company.

And..Simps, it was actually Bessell who was asking how many bikes he had broke..., Hermance just abused me to ride my bike LOL. He probably got pissed off with me telling him what to do, and them calling him a pussy when he bailed on stuff hahaha

Yess, butttttt.....the diffrence is, Danny doesnt come on here..*bragging, so to speek* about how he's braking his sponsers frame. In the short/long term potentially losing customers for the company.

And..Simps, it was actually Bessell who was asking how many bikes he had broke..., Hermance just abused me to ride my bike LOL. He probably got pissed off with me telling him what to do, and them calling him a pussy when he bailed on stuff hahaha

you certainly know how to rub me up the wrong way young man!

i WASNT 'BRAGGIN' its simply a statement sorta thing, as in if u buy a marino mek sure its reinforced so you dont experience this like i did

haha, they must be well strong.

back to deng then?

saw that coming really didnt yaaaaa lol...

anyway,

keep up the good work :huh:

im guessing the new vids going to be awhile away now then, bummaaaah!

x

you certainly know how to rub me up the wrong way young man!

i WASNT 'BRAGGIN' its simply a statement sorta thing, as in if u buy a marino mek sure its reinforced so you dont experience this like i did

Im pretty sure you could of done it in a diffrent way?? Did you tell mr Marino you were gonna post these pics?? Did he say, " Yer sure Damon, post them up, i dont mind people seeing how shit our frames are?? "

If i was you, i'd of just kept it on the low? I dont know, call me an idiot??

* awaits someone to call me an idiot :P *

Im pretty sure you could of done it in a diffrent way?? Did you tell mr Marino you were gonna post these pics?? Did he say, " Yer sure Damon, post them up, i dont mind people seeing how shit our frames are?? "

If i was you, i'd of just kept it on the low? I dont know, call me an idiot??

* awaits someone to call me an idiot :P *

You are right man, but maybe he just would not think of that, I know I wouldn't...