What Happens When You Abuse Steel

Damon W

Lol. How long you had the frame for?

6 rides?

Im pretty sure you could of done it in a diffrent way?? Did you tell mr Marino you were gonna post these pics?? Did he say, " Yer sure Damon, post them up, i dont mind people seeing how shit our frames are?? "

If i was you, i'd of just kept it on the low? I dont know, call me an idiot??

* awaits someone to call me an idiot :P *

im not tooo fussed to be honest if the things break i think people have a right to know, call me an idiot?

You should be a sponsor's wet dream, Damon, not the nightmare you appear to be!

Bending looks pretty brutal on the back end before it went...

:closedeyes:

Lol as if its made from high tensile steel, it might as well have an Apollo badge on it :P

I say nice one to Damon for posting these pics up, least everyone knows what to expect now.

You say everyone knows what to expect but my marino has been absolutely fine structure wise. I dont think this alone should be a put off for people.

But yeah thats some big breakage right there..

Edited by Rich J

Yess, butttttt.....the diffrence is, Danny doesnt come on here..*bragging, so to speek* about how he's braking his sponsers frame. In the short/long term potentially losing customers for the company.

Yeah exactly my thoughts. If you're being sponsored, shut up when something like this happens. Topics like this one don't encourage companies to take an interest in riders who post them.

6 rides to damon is like a year to a normal rider LOL

So true!

I think the flaw to this frame is that it was too long for steel tubes. Aluminum tubes are always welded together for quite a distance on trials frames...so I'd think the next one would need more gusseting.

Im pretty sure you could of done it in a diffrent way?? Did you tell mr Marino you were gonna post these pics?? Did he say, " Yer sure Damon, post them up, i dont mind people seeing how shit our frames are?? "

If i was you, i'd of just kept it on the low? I dont know, call me an idiot??

* awaits someone to call me an idiot :P *

I'd rather damon show me how shit the frames are than me to go and buy one and be dissapointed.

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to talk to Marino to make the frame better, and therefore make sure customers are happy with it, rather than just showing that their current frame isn't strong enough? You know, helping to build the brand and repay them for giving him shit for free rather than harming their reputation?

You should be a sponsor's wet dream, Damon, not the nightmare you appear to be!

isnt it better for the us the consumers to fined this out? i think its more honest then keeping it hush and not letting on how the frames could be?

I want to clarify this, that frame was a prototype, Damon Watson wanted it to be under 5lbs which is the lightest frame that Marino has built so far. We knew he was going to break it because it didn't have any gussets or reinforcements, that's why Marino sent him 2 frames.

P1040150.JPG

He should be using the backup frame that Marino sent him.

P1030292.JPG

And like any frame manufacturer, there's always the possibility to break their frames, and there's where the warranty takes place, Marino gives a 6 months warranty against manufacturing and material defects, which in this case would have applied.

Also Marino is already planning in getting Chromoly, so the strength will be better in a while.

- Elijah.

Edited by Blitzmo

hahahah i didnt realise it was as bad as that, Craig has bought an ice! the thief! im still getting one anyway

Marino's frames are a lot stronger than most of the trials frames on the market. At least this one last damon a while, he was going through adamant/gu/zoo frames in like a week...

Nahh he won't, not at all. In fact i never saw him snap a single one

And like any frame manufacturer, there's always the possibility to break their frames, and there's where the warranty takes place, Marino gives a 6 months warranty against manufacturing and material defects, which in this case would have applied.

Also Marino is already planning in getting Chromoly, so the strength will be better in a while.

- Elijah.

Can you possibly get in contact with me? As my frame came with numerous faults but I was told to make do basically. If he is offering warranty I want to know if im entitled to a frame or not.

Can you possibly get in contact with me? As my frame came with numerous faults but I was told to make do basically. If he is offering warranty I want to know if im entitled to a frame or not.

lol what a joke this company is! buy frames which have been tested and aren't from the third world