The New Road Bike Thread :)

Sam-Addy A3

Sure?

I've caned past roadies on this shitty hill i went up yesterday, even after 10 miles. It's a full on pain in the arse cos it's dragging for about a mile or something, then goes really steep. I was just in a low gear, going slowly up this hill on that 1800 quid road bike i had yesterday, on my fixed, i'd be pushing away but it wouldn't hurt too much, certainly not the same amount if i was using the same gearing on the road bike...

When you say shitty hill, is it actually a proper steep one? I've only ever ridden up here so the hills are generally pretty steep. I'd never dream of trying them fixed or singlespeed.

EDIT: Ever ridden a track? If you havn't, you really need to. I went to a thing at the velodrome in Manc once, it was surprisingly fun. :P

Edited by Muel

The other fat pants is just some fag trying to copy me...

Didn't we come to the conclusion that that was actually you?

Sure?

I'll be sure to tell Mr Menchov to use a fixie on todays stage of the Giro d'Italia, as otherwise he could lose vital seconds to Di Luca and lose his lovely pink jersey.

On the other hand, he does shave his legs and is competing for the right to wear pink so maybe you're right and gears really are for (really quick on a bike) queers.

Edited by JD™

I think i'm actually faster on my fixed.

Glen, you're fighting a losing arguement here. Think about what bikes people who do road riding tend to ride if they're actually after genuine performance, not 'I think I did alright going up that hill' performance. Went on a 45 mile hilly time trial route with my Dad when I was back in Wales, did it in about 2 and a half hours on his road bike. On a fixie, it would've taken a f**k tonne longer, assuming I'd actually be able to finish it.

Sure?

I've caned past roadies on this shitty hill i went up yesterday, even after 10 miles. It's a full on pain in the arse cos it's dragging for about a mile or something, then goes really steep. I was just in a low gear, going slowly up this hill on that 1800 quid road bike i had yesterday, on my fixed, i'd be pushing away but it wouldn't hurt too much, certainly not the same amount if i was using the same gearing on the road bike...

yes very sure, you wouldnt stand a chance in a sportif without gears.

rather obvious realy.