24tour :: 21st - 30th August 2009

Hi guys.

A handful of you will know what this is all about, others of you won't. Essentially a load of us are planning on taking a week or so to trip from Southend to Plymouth with a number of stops in between. The current plan is something along these lines:

Friday 21st August – Tour begins. Head to Southend and meet up. Chill out, have a couple of drinks and meet everyone.

Saturday 22nd August – Ride Southend. Fairly mellow one to get things started.

Sunday 23rd August – Ride London.

Monday 24th August – Ride Portsmouth.

Tuesday 25th August – Ride Reading.

Wednesday 26th August – Ride Bristol.

Thursday 27th August – Ride Taunton to break up the trip between Bristol and Plymouth.

Friday 28th August – Ride Plymouth.

Saturday 29th August - Bigman/Prawn/Sangerfest near Plymouth. Always a laugh

Sunday 30th August - Recover! Those who can legally drive after the night before head home,those who can't are stuck at Prawn's for eternity (but it's cool as his mum is a bacon buttie machine)

If we follow that the trip is about 380 miles from Southend to Plymouth so with a couple of people in each car/booking trains or whatever it should keep things affordable too, though obviously factor in money to get to Southend/home from Plymouth. I'll most likely drive if a couple of people want to share costs. Camping/sleeping in cars is the name of the game for most of us, unless people fancy being heroes and offering us a garage floor if we're stopping by you in which case we'd be very grateful! Travelling will take place either the night or morning before each ride, but I can't see much point deciding that so far in advance as it'll only change.

We'll be taking a handful of cameras on the trip, with the intention of throwing out a video of the lot at the end of it; riding, social, randomness and all

Fun is the name of the game, sessioning spots and having a laugh. Leaving walls untapped, ungapped and unsidehopped, we'll be rolling through a town near you!

Although it has been solely 24" riders having input and planning up until now we'd like to throw this open to everyone, regardless of your wheel size! Whether you can make it along for the whole trip or just a stop you're more than welcome along, old faces and new.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6460...gid=64607705307

We'll be taking a handful of cameras on the trip, with the intention of throwing out a video of the lot at the end of it; riding, social, randomness and all

Yea so anyone that could provide any power would be much appriciated. I'm taking the focus estate so can tightly squeeze 4 people in that, also chucking in a 6 man tent hopefully, and will just wack it up anywhere to get a nights sleep, fields or gardens prefered :)

Hi guys.

A handful of you will know what this is all about, others of you won't. Essentially a load of us are planning on taking a week or so to trip from Southend to Plymouth with a number of stops in between. The current plan is something along these lines:

Friday 21st August – Tour begins. Head to Southend and meet up. Chill out, have a couple of drinks and meet everyone.

Saturday 22nd August – Ride Southend. Fairly mellow one to get things started.

Sunday 23rd August – Ride London.

Monday 24th August – Ride Portsmouth.

Tuesday 25th August – Ride Reading.

Wednesday 26th August – Ride Bristol.

Thursday 27th August – Ride Taunton to break up the trip between Bristol and Plymouth.

Friday 28th August – Ride Plymouth.

Saturday 29th August - Bigman/Prawn/Sangerfest near Plymouth. Always a laugh

Sunday 30th August - Recover! Those who can legally drive after the night before head home,those who can't are stuck at Prawn's for eternity (but it's cool as his mum is a bacon buttie machine)

If we follow that the trip is about 380 miles from Southend to Plymouth so with a couple of people in each car/booking trains or whatever it should keep things affordable too, though obviously factor in money to get to Southend/home from Plymouth. I'll most likely drive if a couple of people want to share costs. Camping/sleeping in cars is the name of the game for most of us, unless people fancy being heroes and offering us a garage floor if we're stopping by you in which case we'd be very grateful! Travelling will take place either the night or morning before each ride, but I can't see much point deciding that so far in advance as it'll only change.

Although it has been solely 24" riders having input and planning up until now we'd like to throw this open to everyone, regardless of your wheel size! Whether you can make it along for the whole trip or just a stop you're more than welcome along, old faces and new.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6460...gid=64607705307

I will come along at reading,

I'll be there for the London ride! Plenty of places to ride. I think there should be a rule that at the London ride no one rides that shitty brown wall near the tate that all London rides seem to revolve around. If its a 24 tour, then there are plenty of better places!

I'll have room for any two people wishing to go from Southend as far as Taunton (and all stops in between) and then I have to turn around after the Taunton ride and go back to Reading, probably on the 28th.

I.E. If anyone wants a lift from Southend to Taunton, then get dropped back at Reading and get a train home, get in touch.

Could be an alright summer :)

Rich

EDIT: I will then be thundering it back from Reading as soon as I finish work on the 29th to get back for Prawn/Bigman/Sanger fest. Should be fun.

Sounds interesting, would be pretty up for that. The whole lot that is. So are people just gonna sleep where ever, lol? I'l be driving too, so will have space for a couple people. How come the plan is to go London - Portsmouth - Reading - Bristol? Surely London - Reading - Portsmouth - Bristol would make more sense, money wise?

Either way is cool (Y)

Sounds interesting, would be pretty up for that. The whole lot that is. So are people just gonna sleep where ever, lol? I'l be driving too, so will have space for a couple people. How come the plan is to go London - Portsmouth - Reading - Bristol? Surely London - Reading - Portsmouth - Bristol would make more sense, money wise?

Either way is cool (Y)

I thought that as well Nick, but if you look at it on google maps, the difference in total miles covered in going London - Portsmouth - Reading against London - Reading - Portsmouth is 8 miles :S

Although I'd much rather do London - Reading - Portsmouth - Bristol as A it'll be that 8 miles less and B, it means much nicer roads rather than just sitting on the M4 at 90 dying of boredom.

But either way is good.

Rich

A decent response so far, awesome!

Pompey/Reading can be switched over if people fancy it - it's only about 10 miles distance difference all in all - I just threw them in that way round to avoid a much longer leg from Portsmouth to Bristol and people seemed to agree that worked for them (Y)

I'm considering driving, but if we end up with lots of other people doing so then I'll leave the car at home and chip in for costs. I can also put up most, if not all of the riders when we get to Plymouth should it be necessary. Weather permitting, we'll fire up the BBQ and have a good old evening of it.

For me to drive the lot (Plymouth to Southend and back through all the spots) would be around £80 or so, on my own not ideal but with 3+ people in the car it soon starts to look a lot nicer on the wallet!

Simps - that sounds like the best way to do things, keeps things a little more legal for travelling!

Simps - that sounds like the best way to do things, keeps things a little more legal for travelling!

Well for southend, i can sleep about 4 inside here, and then have a garden.

Or we can go over the downs which is a massive nature reserve just down the road which is pretty safe to camp in if the rangers arn't out with shotguns :P (dont laugh it happens pretty regularly lol)