Grinding Rims

TrialsDisplay.co.uk

yeh, did mine yesterday. Held the grinder at a shallow angle, pointing towards me, with me directly over the wheel (my dad was to scared to hold it :unsure: ) and did roughly 4-5" strokes towards me.

nice & even, good for my 1st grind!

also, I now have no pads left after one ride!

koxx it is!!

Oh yeah, might add that some pads wear down really fast.

Monty hydra pads get eaten pretty quickly. Monty x-lite long pads last longer, due to bigger contact area.

Plazmatic pads seem to last long on a grind. So do monty milk pads (the older ones) and koxx bloxx.

Mr tartridge, when are we going to see this grinding vid of yours?

When I grind my rims I use a grinding disk, not a cuttin, and I never seem to get a very rough grind, as I want one very veyr rough, as long as it won't eat my koxx pads.

Koxx pads are supposed to last a lifetime, so just try a metal cutting disc grind. It can get VERY rough I tell you. Serious, you could probably use plastic pads on my old grind.

Tis almost totally worn down though. Doesn't matter too much, plaz pads work a treat on clean rims :w00t:

Btw, I might just film a wee grinding movie the next time I do mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the totaltrials "warmth" video I think it is, im just guessing here cos im not really sure if it was but doesnt Phil Williams grind his rim in the video, its just a small clip but still slow it down and see what hes doing, I think his brake works well cos hes a nutter on his bike and needs it to work :P

cheers, stu (Y)

In the totaltrials "warmth" video I think it is, im just guessing here cos im not really sure if it was but doesnt Phil Williams grind his rim in the video, its just a small clip but still slow it down and see what hes doing, I think his brake works well cos hes a nutter on his bike and needs it to work  :P

cheers, stu (Y)

Don't you mean the Kemical video (ie video comp entry)? :P

I have it on my HDD, I do the same really, but I don't put a rag between my foot and the hub.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ground my rim with a knife blade and thats made my koxx pads wear about 5mm this week :"> so im gunna remove it and do it with a proper grinder :) it worked bloody well and made the best noise just a shame it decided to eat the pads

so im just saying don't use a knife ect as its toooooo sharp (Y)

will my koxx blox fit into mi frame with a koxx 20" drilled rear rim? Cos I'm gna put a grind on tomorrow, but I've got brand new pads and I'm wondering weather to use my magura black pads on the grind to make sure it dunt chew them up then after the grind int proper sharp use the koxx ones, is that a good idea or jus wack the koxx ones on? :'(

ta

Nick

my rim was ground, and now its all shiney, supose I better do I again, when I can be arsed :- hehehehehe,

weeeeellll it used to grip like a bitch in wet and dry with magura red pads, still got tonnes of redness on, just a bit rounded from me not setting them up straight :lol: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... nuthin to do, wait... im gonna go do them now!!! whey!!! :-