Bob Macgregor Trials Academy

Ross McArthur

Hey guys and gals,

I thought I would start this thread to keep everyone updated on the Bob MacGregor Trials Academy in Glasgow.

We have a location a few miles south of Neilston in a dis-used quarry that we plan to turn into a trials heaven for all ages and abilities.

The Academy will be used by motor bike trials and cycle trials riders.

Here is a few pictures of whats been going down so far.

FACE BOOK

Trial mag

post-10333-1248941002_thumb.jpg

post-10333-1248941012_thumb.jpg

post-10333-1248941027_thumb.jpg

post-10333-1248941033_thumb.jpg

post-10333-1248941037_thumb.jpg

post-10333-1248941042_thumb.jpg

post-10333-1248941047_thumb.jpg

post-10333-1248941051_thumb.jpg

post-10333-1248941056_thumb.jpg

Please show you're support for this project. We are all really excited.

Edited by Ross McArthur

That looks incredible!!

Need something like that down south! Will there be any sessions for beginers or is it basically a turn up and ride 'park?'

This is just the start big yin.

Rocks, a shed load more pipes and concrete blocks, logs, tyres and sleepers are set to arrive in the next few weeks. We plan to have it the same if not better than what Barcelona and the likes have.

The plan is to start an Academy, like a training school for trials. There will be classes for beginers to learn the baisics.

The quarry will also be a "turn up and ride" venue.

Watch this space. :wink:

This is just the start big yin.

Rocks, a shed load more pipes and concrete blocks, logs, tyres and sleepers are set to arrive in the next few weeks. We plan to have it the same if not better than what Barcelona and the likes have.

The plan is to start an Academy, like a training school for trials. There will be classes for beginers to learn the baisics.

The quarry will also be a "turn up and ride" venue.

Watch this space. :wink:

Awesome! I honestly think this is one of the best things ive seen/heard of for progressing the sport in the UK ever! Top work! I may live on the South Coast but this would be worth the trip! I see a move to Scotland on the cards...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

The planning permission has been applied for but not yet granted (these things take forever).

Grants and funding has also been applied for but we won’t get our full funding until planning permission is given.

I cant remember the last time I was up at the site. But I don’t think it looks so different to what it does in the pictures. There is a lot of excavating to do, clean the site of any scrap, waste (as the site was used for fly tipping) and the obstacles have still to be set in place.

Just so everyone knows, this isn’t a quick throw together few pipes and logs; it’ll take its time to happen, years probably.

Hey guys,

The planning permission has been applied for but not yet granted (these things take forever).

Grants and funding has also been applied for but we won’t get our full funding until planning permission is given.

I cant remember the last time I was up at the site. But I don’t think it looks so different to what it does in the pictures. There is a lot of excavating to do, clean the site of any scrap, waste (as the site was used for fly tipping) and the obstacles have still to be set in place.

Just so everyone knows, this isn’t a quick throw together few pipes and logs; it’ll take its time to happen, years probably.

Just so you know i know how to drive machainery (even if i cant spell it) and will be more that glad to come down for a weekend or so to help around the site if your strugerling for drivers.

• 2 months later...

Off the phone to Iain Shankie last night. He gave me a wee bit of info on what’s happening with the site.

Site entrance passed inspection. Just need to Stick some kerbs and drains and tarmac down...

Planning permission for the park, provisionally granted!!

Its all very good news so far.

We should have confirmation in about 2 weeks. :D

We are all very pleased with how things are going.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great News peeps.

PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED

:D

I'm heading up to the site on Saturday morning to start clearing the scrap metal. Money from the metal will go towards buying a digger to clear run ups.

The JCB is already bought so we can move pipes, logs and rocks around.

More slabs will be added to the site on Saturday too.

Cheers