At Last! Simtra St-1

Muel

Wanted one of these ever since I started, but I always thought they were too heavy and the BB was too low. In the end I got so bored with my Kot that I had to change it for something. (Had the kot built up for 11 months, longer than any other bike I've had).

I've just spent the last month or so finding new bits and modifying stuff. The front brake has been rebuilt with a new seal kit and polished pistons. (About 2 weeks has been spent getting scammed, which was fun).

So yeh, heres some pics!

IMGP1417.jpg

I will be clearing all the weeds out of my trials area, started today and got about a third done.

IMGP1418.jpg

Chain line is spot on, much more compact than the Kot.

IMGP1419.jpg

My Maggy came out nice and compact aswell.

IMGP1421.jpg

IMGP1422.jpg

IMGP1423.jpg

Heavily modified Atomz rim. It's actually 492g, which is lighter than any rim you can buy from Tarty, so fairly happy. :D

IMGP1428.jpg

Nice arse...

IMGP1429.jpg

Looks black in this one, dunno why.

IMGP1431.jpg

IMGP1433.jpg

I love the new rotor, it looks like a mod wheel with a 160 from a distance, then you realise how big it really is haha. Skoze told me it would be huge, but I didn't get just how huge!

Spec time:

Frame: Simtra ST-1

Forks: Trialtech Sport

Front Wheel: Viz Hub on an Atomz Rim (256 7mm holes in the sidewalls, holes in between spokes cut from 13mm to 25mm).

Rear Wheel: TartyBikes Pro 2 Hub on an Atomz Rim (single walled)

Front Tyre: Try-All.

Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion 2.35" Single Ply Front Tread

Cranks: Middleburn RS7 Super Pro Trials

Front Brake: 200mm 07 Hope Mono Trial

Rear Brake: 08 Maggy, Echo 07 Blade, Edd Potts TPA, Monty Splitter, Echo Booster, Tensile Mounts, Phat backings with heatsink Yellow material.

Handle Bar: TrialTech

Stem: TMS

Pedals: TrialTech Mags

Headset: FSA

Tensioner: Surley/4 Jeri. Not certain.

Just found a couple of when I cut the holes bigger aswell, using a modified 25mm hole saw with a 13mm middle bit. (Cheers Dad :P).

IMGP1291.jpg

IMGP1293.jpg

Thanks to Lanky Rick for selling me the frame, I love it, and to Cookyboy for the forks, big improvement over the ones on my Kot. As it is now theres not a lot I'd change, just needs tinkering now! Front brake needs to bed in and the rear brake needs to get the pads worn to the spazzy camber/angle of the sidewalls, but other than that it's done!

Comments please! Lots of them. :P

EDIT: Just added new pics, see post #41.

Edited by Muel

Sam, that looks amazing. What's the geo on it like compared to the Kot?

I love it, the cockpit feels shorter and more comfortable, the BB feels a bit low but not as much as I thought it would, but the head angle is amazing, I'm never having a bike without a 72HA again!

Best looking simtra Ive seen :)

Will have to have aplay on it one of these days :D

Only if I can have a go on the Triton! :P

get a massive rear disc on it you slag! looks nice though :) shame you can't run more than a 2.35 tyre in them :( tried fitting a continental in it? i'm curious but cba with a lack of clearance when i get an untrue wheel it's a pain int' arse when my wheel gets mucky and cakes up the frame...

f**k. That. :P

The weight distribution would be toss, it was the worst thing on my Kot when it had a disc, my rear hub is the heaviest one you can get and then it's got a disc on there too.

Even with this tiny little tyre it's only about 5mm clear all round. My rubber queen wouldn't even let the hub bolts go in. :(

sweet bike, come for a ride soon ayeeeeee, looks pretty heavy ;)

Next time you go Sheff I'll try and go. (Y)

That front wheel is the reason I still call you a weight wiener :P

The bike weighs 10.2-10.3kg. Hardly light! :lol:

Congrats sam well done

looks well pimp

hopefully wen i get my bike sorted we can ride sometime lol

Cheers Josh, yeh sounds good, hopefully see you at Matlock next time I make it.

Looks cool and the gang.

Are those tryall tyres any good?

Matt

I've never tried a rear stock one, but I thought the rear mod ones were garbage. The front stock ones are amazing though. :P

That looks lovely. Every single part on it looks brand new, no scratches or anything.

(Y)

Cheers dude! There's very little that it new actually, most of it came from the Kot, and the only new things on this build are the grips, the front rotor and the seal kit in the front brake.