Limey 320 7.8kg !

Joe@Onza

So a the difference between a comp frame and a street frame is only the weight? But why can't you advertise a light frame as a street frame and say you can sidehop higher cos there's less weight to pull up?

because when they snap, everyone just says, well it is a comp frame, so why dont they make a street frame, so when it snaps in a week they can say?

or they could spend some time get some good street riders to test them for a year or so, and theyd have quite alot of customers most likely

EDIT: And no its not just the weight, the geo aswell, look at 04-07 pythons and 06 07 gu, adamants, ko bike etc geo, then look at the new koxx/rockman/onza whatever.

EDIT again: I'd ride a light frame if the geo/price was right, and it was stiff and STRONG, but most light frames = flexy and weak also expencive.

Edited by Mat Smith!!

belm.png

Pretty obvious! If you're riding street all the time, it's likely to be TGSy stuff so your frame's going to get more battered and shit like that. If it's a comp frame, it's likely to be used in a different way, and won't need to be that strong in that they're generally used for a season then replaced. Monty's old X-Lite was a pure comp frame, so it was weaker than a new-born baby and cost an utter f**king bomb (Although that was largely Ot Pi being a cock-sucker). If you used it for street, it broke really quickly.

It's interesting how now street frames are supposed to be longer, etc. and comp frames are shorter, whereas about 5 years ago it was totally the other way round. Shorter, flickier frames for street (Back when 'street' was riding like the Martins - doing TGS and shit, but doing mannies and spins too), and longer frames for comps. Like the Levelboss when it came out in 1100 and was pretty much just a comp limo.

I'm guessing part of the reason this frame is so short is 'cos shorter frames = less material = lower weight = more people wanting to buy it?

How much weight is 15mm (to make it 1025 lets say) going to add on though??

MAKES A HOLE DIFFERENCE WHEN YOUR IN A SECTION. lol no idea honestly, if they gave cls one of them limeys with same geo as 06 python or something and he tested it for a year, theyd sell a hell of a lot.

People are willing to sacrifice grip by f**king about cutting little bits of rubber off their tyres. I'd imagine the weight saving from having a shorter/lighter frame would be enough to persuade people too blinded by trying to have the bragging rights for 'lightest bike evarz' to buy it...

People are willing to sacrifice grip by f**king about cutting little bits of rubber off their tyres. I'd imagine the weight saving from having a shorter/lighter frame would be enough to persuade people too blinded by trying to have the bragging rights for 'lightest bike evarz' to buy it...

lmao most of your posts recently i acctually agree on and make me get on the floor and roll around pissing myself.

People are willing to GAIN grip by f**king about cutting little bits of rubber off their tyres. I'd imagine the weight saving from having a shorter/lighter frame would be enough to persuade people too blinded by trying to have the bragging rights for 'lightest bike evarz' to buy it...

thats better ;)

Anyway, short mods can be good for natural because you can fit on smaller rocks and change direction pretty nippy. Thats what I think but I still dislike mods in general. I feel that if a short mod is too short, then you should ride a stock...but hey, thats just me.

that's fairly light! Could probably loose a lot mroe though (Rear tyre to a Monty, cranks to Monty, change to FFW, new front wheel, headset, rim tape, change the BB as I think it's a Try-All).

You could get that below 7.5kg I reckon. :P

Could loose the disc mounts too (Y)

what pads are they on the back? rock greens?

real coust's

I ordered some coust pads off Micheal, but he sent me the "fake" stuff that heatsink uses, its nowhere near as good as the real thing (although TNN pads are still better ;) )

pssssh the tnn pads are comparable to the real cousts....just die in a few weeks

Or could loose the maggy mounts insteado

For the week and a half that they last...

:rolleyes:

pah! set them up right and they last ages!

:|

Still got nothing on orginal coust pads.

damn straight.....

• 1 month later...