Biu World Championships China

The sponsor

Wooooo go on boys!

Anyone got any news yet?

UPDATE

Another BIU cock up!!!!!!!!

Cesar Canas changed 2 sections on the morning of the trial & made them harder as he felt the

trial was on the easy side. I don't know the full story but was told they used the sections in the

Trial Which Sam Cleaned & others failed, then at the end of the day Hiro pulled the sections out

of the trial which changed the results dropping Sam down to 4th :sick:

Was there not a inspection of the sections in the morning before the trial, like the rulebook states?

Why was there not a British Delegate at the Trial to fight our case?

Why was there no team kit like in previous years?

Is the BIU dead? YES!

Edited by Tom Oliver

The Japanese driver Kazuki Terai is the new Biketrial World Champion, by winning Javi Alonso (second), Peter Bartak (third) and Raul Gutierrez (fourth). Dani Comas has injured her ankle and retired. In Senior ours, have served as the eighth on Victor Hugo Freire, Dani Gómez square twelfth and thirteenth Angel Batlle. In Junior, Marc Prat has remained in fifth position and Ferran Granollers in the eleventh. Full results soon.

Taken from biketrial-spain.

way to go sam

UPDATE

Cesar Canas changed 2 sections on the morning of the trial & made them harder as he felt the

trial was on the easy side. I don't know the full story but was told they used the sections in the

Trial Which Sam Cleaned & others failed, then at the end of the day Hiro pulled the sections out

of the trial which changed the results dropping Sam down to 4th

Was there not a inspection of the sections in the morning before the trial, like the rulebook states?

Is the BIU dead? YES!

UPDATE

of the trial which changed the results dropping Sam down to 4th

Is the BIU dead? YES!

If the delegate (Mr Rew) had turned up like he said he was going to Sam would have been 3rd, but there was no one here to fight his cause.

Little sam rode really well and to get 3rd place was a wicked result but thanks to the british delegate he is coming home without a medal.

Will there be any BIU riders in 2010??? I doubt it! The whole thing was a complete balls up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the delegate (Mr Rew) had turned up like he said he was going to Sam would have been 3rd, but there was no one here to fight his cause.

Little sam rode really well and to get 3rd place was a wicked result but thanks to the british delegate he is coming home without a medal.

Will there be any BIU riders in 2010??? I doubt it! The whole thing was a complete balls up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sucks major cock.

Typical British bollocks, can't see the talent on our little Islands, everything is overshadowed by rugby, football, cricket and other mainstream sports that you can watch comfortably from a chair/in the pub and never bother to take part in yet be a expert.

Wank.

Matt

I think before criticising any organisers of both uci and biu trials it should be remembered that these people give their time for free – in this day, time is one thing people are usually not very willing to give.

There is no financial gain for organising any biketrial event only a lot of work before, on the day and after. Very few step forward to help and those who do, do so on a regular basis and are the backbone of trials but still fewer want to take on the added responsibility of putting on a trial.

Travel to events abroad have to be borne out of their own pocket and in todays climate very few have the means to pay for expensive trips even if accommodation is free . Organised trials in this country have seen a decline in riders to such an extent events this year have been cancelled, camping and bbq event with Tyketrial, Hampshire club , ebtc and no events this year with the YMSA. A lot or organisation would have gone into these events even though they were cancelled

It should be remembered that some of the top riders started at these clubs – encouragement, thanks, understanding of the above and most of all HELP should be given and not continual criticism.

Dave B

“I think before criticising any organisers of both uci and biu trials it should be remembered that these people give their time for free – in this day, time is one thing people are usually not very willing to give.”

You need correcting here Dave, no one is or has criticised the UCI in any way in this post.

In the past riders have had representation at BIU events regardless of where they are, the problem is now the person who holds the delegate’s authority is a disorganised idiot who, appears to hold or have little or no regard for the riders he represents.

In 2009;

Little or no information for riders.

Delegate stated that he would attend – then did not go.

No UK kit supplied.

No one that actually attended invited to act as delegate.

The riders from the UK appear to have enjoyed absolutely no representation. What has happened to Sam is scandalous – IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED.

Dave, how can you as a fair and considerate person stand by this farce, frankly I am disgusted. I hope all those that fell foul of the awful food and sanitation at this event soon recover. What the hell has happened to the BIU that so many riders used to enjoy?

Fred Savage, (a spontaneous reply to an ill conceived post that attempts to defend the indefensible).

Edited by NSE

Dear Fred

whilst i must say i am disapointed by your comments , I would like to set the record straight

In 2009;

No UK kit supplied.

As follows

All information i recieved was sent straight onto the riders

Quite frankly incorrect

No UK kit supplied.

Previous kit supplied has either been not worn or defaced ,i was asked for additional kit on the day the riders left impossible at this stage

Hiro and jason were written to on this regard

The trial would have been run on clear rules and with many experienced people present ,i cannot comment on the sanitation

Quote Mr Rew: The trial would have been run on clear rules and with many experienced people present

So, are they in there right to take out 2 sections after the results have been up all day,

been ridden & so called inspected? Of which put a Chinese rider on the podium :lol:

So, are they in there right to take out 2 sections after the results have been up all day,

been ridden & so called inspected? Of which put a Chinese rider on the podium :lol:

It's the BIU ... they can do what they want ...

2007 - Ban Wayne

2008 - Disqualify Jack

2009 - Demote Sam

All that really matters is that you buy your ACU licence :lol:

Joking aside, really sorry to hear that this has happened to Sam - he really deserved better.

I am not slagging the UCI or the Biu.

I am slagging the lack of interest generally by the Sport funding system in General and UK policies generally to sports which are not mainstream.

Rugby/football/cricket all very well supported from primary school upwards.

Now I know cash is generated in vast amounts directly from these sports so more cash is available and they are more popular, you don't see pubs full of people going there to watch trials on telly.

However if you put it on the telly I guarantee at least half the people will watch it and show interest.

Some kids just are not interested in these team sports and are let down big time.

Sport Education in this country is so far behind many other countries in terms of what the kids want to do it is unreal.

It's no wonder many sit at home playing computers and end up on drugs.

It's the general perception of what is a worthy "sport" that gets too me.

Look at what Uk sportsmen and women are really good at.

Is it Rugby?

No

Is it football?

No

Is it Cricket?

Not really

In the town where I live (which is really small) and surrounding villages there are rugby, football and cricket pitches all over the place.

The nearest skatepark is miles away through national speed limit lanes that a kid could not safely ride through.

Whenever I go out and ride my trials bike I have a crowd of between 10 and 50 kids watching/asking questions/attempting to do what I am doing.

There was a council meeting to find out what the kids wanted in the town,(they supposedly had £19,000 allocated for giving stuff to the kids), almost everyone said either a skate park or dirt jumps or even somewhere they could build dirt jumps without them being smashed down.

Did the council take notice?

Not at all, they gave them a "youth club" in a shit building which was hyped up as "An internet cafe for the youth", WTF?

Most of these kids have got the internet in their houses!

If you go down there in the evening the kids are just hanging outside smoking fags and getting pissed.

This sort of scenario is going down in small towns and villages all over the country.

I just think this country generally is letting it's kids down in so many ways and levels already, it's a shame they feel let down by this, sport in which they ARE excelling in.

None of this or my previous post is aimed at any one particular individual or organization.

I just see what I see and say what I think.

Matt

I would also like to point out, that I did Football/Rugby/boxing/athletics/swimming and cricket in school and in fact like these sports, in case anyone was thinking I am biased.

I still cant get over how little support English riders get from government Ect.

Truly shocking that English riders have to buy their own jerseys i mean wtf?

Is there not anything that the forum can do to give English riders better support Ect?

Maybe get some form of petition going or something?

It annoys me that i turn on the TV and see some footballers whine and moan about not actually being taken'out by another player.

Take Sam for instance. He trains hard then hurts his wrist and just takes it under the chin. People like Sam are the true sportsman.

Then footballers get paid millions and British riders don't get 1 single penny.

Edited by Rob Brodie

I still cant get over how little support English riders get from government Ect.

Truly shocking that English riders have to buy their own jerseys i mean wtf?

Is there not anything that the forum can do to give English riders better support Ect?

Maybe get some form of petition going or something?

It annoys me that i turn on the TV and see some footballers whine and moan about not actually being taken'out by another player.

Take Sam for instance. He trains hard then hurts his wrist and just takes it under the chin. People like Sam are the true sportsman.

Then footballers get paid millions and British riders don't get 1 single penny.

There are other countries in the UK you know.

Three others let, me help you out, say after me:

Wales- W A L E S

Scotland- S C O T L A N D

Northern Ireland- N O R T H E R N I R E L A N D

Matt

Matt

Edited by Matt Vandart

Dear All

I have written to Hiro about our concerns over the circumstances surronding Sam Olivers unfortunate position change in china, and today have received this reply

Best wishes Anthony

Dear Delegates,

All sections of WBC were approved by the juries on 25th August. But on 27th, after Elite riders checked sections, they (riders of Spain, Czech, Slovak & UK) strongly proposed to change yellow sections level higher. This was reported in jury meeting via Spanish delegate. Then juries accepted to modify only on section No. 2 & No. 3 by the representatives of Elite riders in each country for fair. But that time, juries did not agree to modify red sections that already approved for the event. It was an important condition. After the competition started on 28th, juries found the modification on the red sections. There was no any report to juries about the modification of red sections. Therefore, juries have decided to cancel the red sections from the competitions in the last meeting, because they were not approved by juries for the championship. And juries put the sentence of "The red sections No. 2 & No.3 were canceled by jury decision (28 August 17:00), because they had been changed on 27th August eve without jury agreement", on the bottom of the results of Group A, Junior and Senior.

Sincerely yours,

Hiro

Edited by kelly farm trials