Bristol This Coming Year

1a2bcio8

Yo,

Just wondering what the scene is like in Bristol at the moment or what it's going to be like at the beginning of the academic year? I'm moving there but am currently bikeless. Would consider getting another bike if there was a decent sized scene as I seem to require this these days to enjoy riding.

I'm assuming Mr Johns is gonna be about at least :)

What's the score, peeps?

Yo,

Just wondering what the scene is like in Bristol at the moment or what it's going to be like at the beginning of the academic year? I'm moving there but am currently bikeless. Would consider getting another bike if there was a decent sized scene as I seem to require this these days to enjoy riding.

I'm assuming Mr Johns is gonna be about at least :)

What's the score, peeps?

No idea on the people... but you won't run out of local play areas that is for sure.

No idea on the people... but you won't run out of local play areas that is for sure.

The riding alone, regardless of objects to ride, simply is not enough for me anymore. There has to be a vibrant social scene surrounding it. To be honest, the social aspect appeals more than the riding.

Thanks for your reply though.

Mr Johns, still kicking broken boxes to peoples houses so has pretty much the best part of every day off

matheprat is moving back for FT work so w/e's and afternoons

Joe will be around

I'm still here but again FT work

There seems to be a steady stream of people dropping by and the group rides are always popular.

You won't stay away for long ;-)

Mr Johns, still kicking broken boxes to peoples houses so has pretty much the best part of every day off

matheprat is moving back for FT work so w/e's and afternoons

Joe will be around

I'm still here but again FT work

There seems to be a steady stream of people dropping by and the group rides are always popular.

You won't stay away for long ;-)

Ah, good stuff and encouraging that there are a few of you still. Now I'm just wondering if there's gonna be any new faces about? I was assuming that some people might be going to one of the Bristol universities.

Move to london...? :)

I had the chance but I love Bristol :) London seems good in many senses but too hectic for my mental disposition. Also the uni faculty there were a bit too pompous for my liking. Whereas Bristol uni were much more sincere.

Edited by Ben Rowlands

Well, this is all very encouraging. The last year in Swindon had been a bit lame because the other riders rode hardly ever then they all quit - so I ended up stopping as well. I just want a situation where there are a few people up for regular riding and that seems somewhat likely from the responses. It would definitely be cool if there was a large group up for regular rides though, as the times when I've experienced this it's been very enjoyable.

And I certainly am looking for a new bike. Actually, I've been looking at a bmx on ebay which is very appealing :)

I'm also aiming to get up a bit more this year once my financial situation evens itself out a little more. It'd be a shame for you to leave the scene completely, Ben, so don't!

I'll always be about in some sense, even if I lack a trials bike. Trials riders are a type of person I like so I'm not going to walk away from them :)

I'll always be about in some sense, even if I lack a trials bike. Trials riders are a type of person I like so I'm not going to walk away from them :)

Im STILL here !! Would be great to have you back, I actually cant wait for the new Uni season to start !! Look foward to seeing you about - even if it is only on little wheels !!

PS Cant remember if you have your camera or not - but there are plenty of filming projects you can get involved with if you wanted too !!