Mtb Pics Thread

haydon_peter

I'm getting one of them commencal's this wk. Great offer on them atm.

They ride really well for quite a heavy bike (in stock build). If you're using it for a bit of everything like I am then shed the tyres straight away for something lighter, I've got some single ply minions on there (which i ran on my previous xc bike for 18 months with only 1 flat and normal tubes). It's completely transformed my cornering, the previous giant VT i rode had a fairly high bb compared to the commy (once sag is taken care of).

I most certainly do, I'm using am HD axled king in it so they are of no use to me! PM me and we can sort it out.

Just took a new pic of my hardtail just before I fitted the new bar and stem (Answer protaper carbon and atomlab pimplite). New bar and stem are less than half the weight of the old ones! (Race Face Diablos and easton vice)

DSC_0026.JPG

I most certainly do, I'm using am HD axled king in it so they are of no use to me! PM me and we can sort it out.

Just took a new pic of my hardtail just before I fitted the new bar and stem (Answer protaper carbon and atomlab pimplite). New bar and stem are less than half the weight of the old ones! (Race Face Diablos and easton vice)

DSC_0026.JPG

You punk! I went off and bought a left side only for 16 quid from the king importers! no worries dude, although, if you're selling em cheap i might grab em as spares?

I shall pm you too...

• 2 weeks later...

If you go on most MTB forums, you'll get abuse for posting something that's not in this year's trendy colourway. It's good to see people riding bikes that are old school! Like the Marin above, and that SX trail :)

If you go on most MTB forums, you'll get abuse for posting something that's not in this year's trendy colourway. It's good to see people riding bikes that are old school! Like the Marin above, and that SX trail :)

How about this :P

Budget DH bike. If it see's me through a few trips to cwmcarn i'll be happy :)

Just need a rear disc + new saddle

(it has lights on it as I left my normal getting to work bike in work one night..)

post-2-1260906176_thumb.jpg

And, seeing as the camera is out, heres what I ride to work. Single speed gearing could be a bit of a harder gear, but otherwise its perfect for zipping around on

post-2-1260906549_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a new shock and wheelset for my Carrera. Went for a Fox Float RP2 Propedal shock and Sun EQ31 rims with a DMR 6 pawl rear hub, and my current Pro 2 front hub, with black DT Competition spokes. Will be shedding well over half a kilo, and most of that's off the rims, so should make a nice difference to the ride. Cant wait for it to all arrive. :D

Need to take the drill and dremmel to the chain device in the next few days too, as that things gotta weigh a fair bit.

Just ordered a new shock and wheelset for my Carrera. Went for a Fox Float RP2 Propedal shock and Sun EQ31 rims with a DMR 6 pawl rear hub, and my current Pro 2 front hub, with black DT Competition spokes. Will be shedding well over half a kilo, and most of that's off the rims, so should make a nice difference to the ride. Cant wait for it to all arrive. :D

Need to take the drill and dremmel to the chain device in the next few days too, as that things gotta weigh a fair bit.

Give myself and Josh a call when you're sorted mate, taking every opportunity i can to get out on the intense atm :)

I just had to pay £6 more, for chain reaction to not build my wheel.

This confuses me.....

And having paid this £6 extra to avoid waiting 5 days for them to build the wheel for me when I can do it my self in a lunch break, they have now finaly put my stuff in the post, guess what... exactly 5 working days later. :rolleyes:

Bit of a piss take really. Odd, chain reaction are normally legends.

Bit of a piss take really. Odd, chain reaction are normally legends.

yea they can be OK, but wait if you ever need to replace a hope trials brake piston, from a brake you bought off them, they'll point you in the direction of hope, but hope will point you to the direction of ANY shop that sells hope trials brakes, except chain reaction :(

sorry to jump in there it just caught my eye about snail reactions

Edited by japslap