Help On Starting Out In Cycle Trials

Delfunkuk

Hi

My son and me both ride motorcycle trials, Jack on his Beta 80cc riding in Cheshire Youth comp's and me riding in Pre65. The Question is I'm looking to buy a cycle trials bike for xmas, I have been looking at the 20" Onza Blade would you say this is a good starting point as he has most of the basic skill from riding his Beta in trials comps, I'm hoping the bike will bring him on more.

Many Thanks For your Help

John

The monty and the blade are two very good choices.

I'd go with the blade purely because it has a front disc, as someone who's never ridden cycletrials you won't know whether you'd prefer a disk on the front wheel or a magura. But seeing as though you're coming from a mototrials background I think you'll get a long with the disk pretty good.

Also, the blade has a front freehweel where as the monty doesn't (the freewheel is on the cranks instead of the back wheel). It doesn't really make much of a difference being up front with regard to how the bike rides, but the blade will be balanced a little better. What will make a difference is the type of freewheel, the onza has a much better freewheel than the monty making the blade feel great at the pedals. Also becuase the blade has a front freewheel setup it'll be much easier to upgrade.

Blade wins hands down.

I'd go with the blade purely because it has a front disc, as someone who's never ridden cycletrials you won't know whether you'd prefer a disk on the front wheel or a magura. But seeing as though you're coming from a mototrials background I think you'll get a long with the disk pretty good.

Also, the blade has a front freehweel where as the monty doesn't (the freewheel is on the cranks instead of the back wheel). It doesn't really make much of a difference being up front with regard to how the bike rides, but the blade will be balanced a little better. What will make a difference is the type of freewheel, the onza has a much better freewheel than the monty making the blade feel great at the pedals. Also becuase the blade has a front freewheel setup it'll be much easier to upgrade.

Blade wins hands down.

i agree to this chap, blade for the win!

Blade wins hands down.

Thanks

I appreciate the info looks like the man with the white beard will be delivering one on christmas then.

Regards

John