Tyre Pressure

-Pollard-

Depends on your weight really. I have 20psi in the front and 15 in the rear. Experiment with different pressures to see whats best for you. :)

See, I would have it the opposite way round to him, harder in the rear than the front.

It's really about personal preference mate.

Wow, 20 and 15 psi is really low, if you hit a somewhat sharp curb or thorn the tire would just blow.

Does the tire have some writing on the sides of it that say something like 20- 60 psi (any number really...)

Keeping the pressure higher will make it less likely to burst, well at least for mtb bikes. :D

Wow, 20 and 15 psi is really low, if you hit a somewhat sharp curb or thorn the tire would just blow.

Does the tire have some writing on the sides of it that say something like 20- 60 psi (any number really...)

Keeping the pressure higher will make it less likely to burst, well at least for mtb bikes. :D

Drop 8 foot onto a curb with 60 psi and watch it go boom, if its lower, it has somewhat flex in the innertube to absorb the impact. But still, 20 seems too low, the tires even say, 35 - 50.

less the pressure then more bounce and i have 2 kendas in back and 10psi. i think that a bigger spring is worth the weight of another kenda.

less the pressure then more bounce and i have 2 kendas in back and 10psi. i think that a bigger spring is worth the weight of another kenda.

So would you recommend a lower tire pressure to a beginner or a higher one? (Or, does it depend on the bike?)

It's all down to personal preference. Depandant on your size/weight also. But you don't want it too low as you'll risk buckling or denting your rim.

As stated above, it's good to have some spring in it, it gives more grip tooo. I personally don't like having the presure too low at the front as if you're turning the tyre can fold. But that's just my opinion, i know some people run with lower on the front.