Google Chrome

Mockett

I had to switch to chrome because ff flash kept on playing up, and i had so many pop-up 24-7 no amount of blockers stopped them, so chrome it is now.

but so far it annoys me. but i do like the spell check.

I have the same problem just one day fecking shit pops up done some many adware scans and virus stuff still doesn't get rid of it. went to chrome and it goods i think

Been using chrome for a loooong time now. Pretty much since it first came out. Prefer it to FF because of its simplicity and how unobtrusive it is. Fire fox always seems to be that more clunky and "in your face". I do kinda miss mouse gestures, but i get by.

For people wanting to block ads you can use privoxy which works in the back ground to stop most ads + pop ups.

Mouse gestures look completely useless and complicated. :huh:

So every time you want to close a tab or something, you move the mouse half way across the screen, find the icon, and click. Pfft, no thanks. Mouse gestures are mandatory for anyone who browses the web in a hurry. Like I'm doing now. Obviously.

It was obviously supposed to be sarcastic, but it's kinda true - mouse gestures make everything quicker. For me, going to a computer without mouse gestures is kind of like using a mouse without a wheel. Sure, I could move the mouse to the teeny icon in the corner and then click and hold it down to scroll, but it's immensely irritating.

I get around with FF fine... for example, if you have a clicky middle wheel - clicking it on a link will open that link in a new tab, but not switch to that tab. Similarly, you can use ctrl-tab and ctrl-shift-tab to cycle through tabs. You can also click tabs to reorder them. Middle-wheel-clicking on the title bar of a tab will also close it. If you double click in the empty space when tabs are open (or use ctrl-t if not) it will open tabs.

See, FF is easy to use, and it has adblocker.

So every time you want to close a tab or something, you move the mouse half way across the screen, find the icon, and click. Pfft, no thanks. Mouse gestures are mandatory for anyone who browses the web in a hurry. Like I'm doing now. Obviously.

Well, say I want to go back a page, i move my mouse upto a button and click. If i want to go back 3 pages, I click thricely. (Yeah that's a word!)

With mouse gestures you have to saw some kind of L shape. Which means you have to click, move your mouse one way, then the other and then let go. Presumably if you want to do that 3 times you have to repeat 3 times? Seems like much more work to me. Also having to draw a shape everytime you scroll down rather than just using a scroll wheel on a mouse. :huh:

Well, say I want to go back a page, i move my mouse upto a button and click. If i want to go back 3 pages, I click thricely. (Yeah that's a word!)

With mouse gestures you have to saw some kind of L shape. Which means you have to click, move your mouse one way, then the other and then let go. Presumably if you want to do that 3 times you have to repeat 3 times? Seems like much more work to me. Also having to draw a shape everytime you scroll down rather than just using a scroll wheel on a mouse. :huh:

I guess it depends how often you go back in the history :P But I actually have mouse buttons for forwards/backwards so I don't tend to use gestures for that. But the simple way with gestures is hold down the right mouse button, then click the left button to go back (or thricely (sic) for back 3 pages). I'm not sure what you're on about with scrolling down - I just use the mouse wheel like everyone (or middle click and drag)?