26inch Rear Rim Research

T.McMillan

26inch Rear Rim Research  

120 members have voted

1. 1. The best quality 26inch Trials rear rim that is currently on the market that you have used.

• 24 Bicycles Y.M.I.A.B. 39mm Disc 26"
    • Alex DX32 26"
    • Revell Rear 26"
    • Onza Ronnie 26" (Drilled)
    • Trialtech Race 26" Undrilled
    • Echo TR Rear 26"
    • Echo Urban Rear 26''
    • Trialtech Sport Rear 26''
    • Try-All Rear 26''
    • Atomz Light Rear 26''
    • Atomz Elitis Single Wall 26''
    • Onza 128 Rear 26''
    • Echo SL Rear 26''
    • Try-All Reinforced 26''
    • Try-All hOle Rear 26''
    • Onza Pro Series Rear 26''
  2. 2. Hole Amount

• 32 Hole
    • 36 Hole
  3. 3. Colour

• Black
    • White
    • Silver
    • Gold
    • Green
    • Blue
    • Yellow
    • Pink
    • Chrome/Mirror

Hi everyone. I am doing a little research into Rear Rims for hope, and thought the public was the best way to find the answer. If you could choose the rim that you a currently using or you reckon is the best quality that you have used or been told about, please vote or post any information worth knowing.

Regards

Tom

I have the echo TR rear rim, great grind from tarty but, the rim it self isn't great for novices like myself. 1st street ride with not a stupid low psi and flat spotted the rim. Differcult to self beat back into shape. Also on the rim join it seems to be coming apart not a gap but up and down a few mm.

its abit hard to find out really which is best, because there are to different markets. light weight and bash proof. for bash proof ive beat the f**k out of me echo urban rim and its only just dieing after about a year now. but then again you have got the likes of tryall with a stupidly light rim which is useable for a while before it dies of harsh use, and light weight bikes are all the rage now. also theres a trialtech proto rim that should be out soon which is single wall and been in testing along time and looks like its going to be a brilliant rim.

i think hope should choose first which market they want. and then ask which is most popular out of them.

Edited by basher

I have the echo TR rear rim, great grind from tarty but, the rim it self isn't great for novices like myself. 1st street ride with not a stupid low psi and flat spotted the rim. Differcult to self beat back into shape. Also on the rim join it seems to be coming apart not a gap but up and down a few mm.
What psi did you run and how much you weigh lbs/kgs?

this isn't right.

one answer really for that and that is that you are a bit of a basher.

Also try-all rims are great I had mine for about a year and never had to get it trued and my pads were always within a millimetre of the rim. And I'm not smooth. Only erason I got rid of it was because my hub went and my mate gave me £40 for it

Edited by ScottTrials

For a wide rim my trialtechs have both been awesome ( both single and double walls). For a narrower rim the dx32 is pretty darn good but for trials I preffered the echo urban (I think thats what it is now) front rim. It has thicker sidewalls and deeper braking surface (good for up n downstyle trials buckles) and weighs about 50g less because of the holes. I would say they are very similar in strength

Echo Urban Rear 32 hole, balck. used on front and back....

Really strong, nice width, awesome at holding grinds. bit on the heavy side though. BUt I would only ever buy one, I'm using a tryall at the min, and grinds dnt hold great!

Also used a Ronnie, after a few grinds the sidewall become VERY weak and will dent very easilylook nice i think though...

I'd have to say, the Echo Urban rear rim is the closest to an 'indistructable' trials part I have ever come across. I had one on the Leeson Thumper, then on my Echo Pure, then my Czar, then the Pitbull, and then I sold it, still in pretty good shape, the only reason for selling being I couldn't fit it in my Phase with v-brake mounts. Same rim, different bikes; was in all of my street/natural training videos. Seriously, seriously tough stuff, and for that much strength the weight is no sacrifice at all.

Gets my vote any day :)

Rich