How Did Everyone Get Into Trials? (:

TrialItAll

I rode dirt jump and abit of street on a hardtail bike. One day me and my mates were out with loads of other trials riders and it looked so good. I had some shots on their bikes and managed to back hop so I just kinda got into like that.

Theres something misteriously similar about us. :shifty:

My brother got a trials bike but never used it.

When my bike was broken I borrowed it and then kept borrowing it, then I snapped it and bought a new frame then called it my bike :)

I have changed almost everything now though.. But I pretty much got a bike for free :lol:

Karma at its best :)

Randomly came acros Danny Macaskill's first video on Youtube, started on my 19" Hardrock for a month and practised on some bricks. Bought a crappy Saracen Flea 1, almost made me quit. Got a Koxx Levelboss a few months later, and the same night Danny Mac's Next Level vid came out and was like 'F**k! Need one of those 24" bikes!" But found I out I loved my Levelboss

Heya guys+girls ;D

Just interested to see how everyone got into trials!

I Was introduced by a friend, he saw a video on YouTube, and i saw it and thought it was awesome, and wanted to take the sport up, but lacked the money at that time to buy a bike, allthough my friend didn't! He then bought another bike, and i was able to ride on his old one!

Would be interesting to hear everyones storys :P

Thanks,

Harry :)

me and my friend were bmxing and we went to a motorbike trials club place that when stumbled across and we decided to get trials bikes and i got one, ( a really beat up onza t-bird 2005) and just learnt pedal kicks but noone else did so i as riding on my own with this shit bike so i sold it again...then pretty much everyone in my school got one, and now i am the Last person to get one i got one on tuesday, but this time i got a 1st hand 26" :D

I saw my mate riding his trials bike on some palets near my house so i went to speak to him (when I did not know him) He said it's a good sport so that day I asked my mum and dad if I could have a trials bike so they went and bought me a trials bike so I started riding with him and now we are good mates. Gess thats about it on how i got into it!

I guess around 1998 MBUK published pictorials featuring Hawyes and Ashton hopping around on small bikes , then I bought the famous Tricks and Stunts video ( LOL VHS ) and was hooked .

I remember both of these things so well, I must have been all of 13 or 14 at the time. I used to love seeing these crazy blokes doing things on bikes I could only aspire to. I raced xc for years before I took up trials (from the age of 8!). The two Martyns were deffo where it started for me (or maybe it was Hans Rey actually, it was so long ago now I can't remember....), and if I'm not mistaken it wasn't that long after that that Chris Akrigg appeared on the scene, I think he was the swaying factor, a cross county rider doing these things made me think all of a sudden that I might have a chance. He rode a Pace rc250 at the time. Man I wanted one of those so badly. Then I wanted Eddie Tongues Pashley. It was around then I started riding trials, I would have been about 16-17ish. I used an old gt zaskar. What a heap that was :P All ended only a year or so later after a collosal crash on a downhill course back home in NI. I rode trials again after about a year of being able to do nothing, but my confidence had been so badly knocked I gave up after only a few weeks. This is about 7 years later and I've been back riding for about half a year. What prompted this? F**k knows. I just wanted to ride again. So I built up a cheap mod and started riding. Love it even more than the first time round now. And I'm learning faster too.

i have ridden motorbike trials for a long time an dafter a while my dad bought me an onza t-bird le for christmas (yeh bitches the le had hs 11's) and i used it for ragging about motorbike trials that i was too young to enter, just used to pretend it was a motorbike and never used it properly. I found a few yeas after not riding it that some people who lived around me had bought them after seeing my one and had got into tgs, then i decided to build my bike back up and started riding with these lads who are my best mates today and progressed into this crazy world of tgs. and alot of people i knew form motorbike trials were also connected. Tome swindlehusrt dannys brother had ridden motortrials with me for years and i didnt realise who he was or his brother until i was well into tgs, and turns out a good friend of mine was one of the best ttgs ers there is. Danny is one of my best mates today and so are all the boys from carlilse who ride trials. Its funy how everyone links together, its a small world. :) trials has brought me some good times. Im selling up now though to have a stab at bmx for a while, im kinda sad but want to take a break, no doubt after a few months il be back to trials.

about 5 years ago, my neighbour told me, and showed me a few things on my old mtb...

started practicing that, and for 5 years i always wanted a trials bike, but my parents never let me get one.

so i stopped for about 4 years, then got back into it, trying to hop on the back wheel on my mtb.

then this year i got my first Mod =]

loved it ever since :D

Band Of Horses - The Funeral.

I got the album and to be honest its not that good, In fact it's an epic fail. But The Funeral is an epic song to listen to before a ride.

Thanks (: And thanks to Onza kid. :P

Keep those stories coming in :D They are all quite interesting to read. :P

I vaguely remember trials in MBUK aswell, ages ago when i used to read it with Mr Ashton and a nice cannondale!? looked great...then i remember the early 20" onza's came out...couldnt afford one though! Around that time I fell out with my heavy bmx and left the two wheeled scene for years...

That is, until this summer, when i decided to get a bike to cycle to work and back (a stinky deluxe seemed to suit the job perfectly!). learned how to wheelie one day, and it went from there...started to bounce around on the back wheel, pedal hops etc (im new so terminology is probably wrong), but after going bigger..the stinky didnt like it, and it was just an opening for me to treat myself to an early christmas present; an inspired fourplay that I 'NEEDED' to stop my stinky getting damaged....

The rest is history! (about a week ago)...a new world of street/trials to look forward to now...

Back when I was into mountain biking and freeride I saw Jeff Lenosky and Ryan leech in New World Dissorder 1-4 and was hooked. Started back hopping and and sidehopping on my 35lb fully, eventually snapped a seatstay. Somehow I got it warranted :giggle:

Edited by Bliv