Onza Spyrogyra, Is This A Good Bike For Beginners?

Kyle Onza

Nah i don't think so. My mate has one and when you do hops and other tricks it feels very heavy. Another thing, take the seat off because when you sit on it your arse will hit the tyre!!

EDIT: You should have got a rim grind, front and back, and some TNN v-pads. Then if you try anything you won't kill yourself :D

Edited by onza_ardmair

Nah i don't think so. My mate has one and when you do hops and other tricks it feels very heavy. Another thing, take the seat off because when you sit on it your arse will hit the tyre!!

EDIT: You should have got a rim grind, front and back, and some TNN v-pads. Then if you try anything you won't kill yourself :D

You tend to talk like you know but it seems sometimes that you don't..

This is an ok bike to start on, it isn't great but it should get you into the trials world.

Personally i wouldn't upgrade it as the frame isn't really amazing.

So use this to start on when you get better slowly upgrade starting with the frame and forks, you'll be onto a winner.

Oh well. You might like, but Im used to 20" so.... I still think it's pants though.

Well it's a beginner bike so compared to something worth over 1000 pounds it's not going to feel as good.

What stock would you recommend he buy for under 300 pounds?

Im on an onza hitman and I love it,

Its my first stock because my tvee mod was horrible.

I bought it to get into trials alot more because mod wasnt really doing anything for me, had a go of my mates stock and instantly felt alot more comfortable.

I come from a mtb background so i guess thats the reason for my decision.

So yeah I think theres not much point in spending lots on a first bike just got to look about for a good deal within a reasonable price range were as if you dont like it you wont loose out alot.

Personaly I wouldnt have bought brand new as your first bike, iv seen much better bikes on ebay for the same price as you paid. I got my hitman bairly used for 140 tenner petrol to my dad for the lift.

Still you have your bike, which is more than capable for basic trials your gonna have fun all the same on your bike or a expensive one in my opinion. :D

Edited by RazGman

personally take the vee off and get a hs33 on the back

Personally I would not get a Magura HS33. My front v-brake is so much better than my Magura was and my back v is probably about the same as my Maggie.

I would get some new brake pads though if the ones you have just now are not trials specific.

The Inspired V-Brake pads are seemingly some of the best pads there are. http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=84

This is my first trials bike, i want to start learning trial riding. Is this a good bike to start with?

dsc01407b.jpg

Thanks, kyle. :)

lol wow it looks alot nicer in real life, in the stock photos like on ebay it looks like a pice of shit but only bad thing i would say is v brakes and stickey fingers tyres and a seat but other than that looks pretty nice ^_^