Limey 320

Joe@Onza

WHAT?? lol

silver frame = silver chips

gold frame = silver chips

or am i missing the point? surely silver chips will be easyer to see on a gold frame, rather than a silver one?

im all up for not having silver/white/black frames, but not chav gold, what the hell.

Exactly, and a gold frame is just begging for it to be nicked by your neighbourhood smackhead

ozonys curve ... just to check , can this disk frame actually take a disk , with a standard wheel and rotor ? the ice 2 sure couldent

You keep complaining about this, just ring tarty/onza and ask them how to sort it. It CAN be run with a disc, you just need to space your hub out or something.

Do you really think a company like Onza would produce a frame boasting a disc mount that isn't usable? No.

I'm not keen on the colour, but I'm not gonna go into that. :P

Joe, I recommend you do exactly the same design, but in white, with all the graphics in shades of grey and black, no other colours.

I'm all for a brightly coloured frame, but if you look at my Simtra say, (just because there is a link in my sig), they're really simple, clean lines, barely any CNC or harsh edges and really smooth simple graphics. I think that for a bright colour, you need smooth lines and not too busy in the detail, whereas a frame like that which is a really nice looking design, just needs some more toned down colours.

Just my ideas, another option you could try is getting some designs done by someone else, like a student or an unemployed person with skill, but no money. (Y) I know a couple of people if you want to be put in contact with them?

Really good shape and lines and frame design though, just needs to colour scheme and possibly graphics to set it off! (Y)

You keep complaining about this, just ring tarty/onza and ask them how to sort it. It CAN be run with a disc, you just need to space your hub out or something.

Do you really think a company like Onza would produce a frame boasting a disc mount that isn't usable? No.

rang tartys they said there shouldent be a problem , but as they dont do a dd ice they wouldent know , joe@onza said he would do a discounted hub .. wich sort of hints that he knows the problem and the onza hubs are differant .. so yes i do

WHAT?? lol

silver frame = silver chips

gold frame = silver chips

No, lacquer chips, which looks absolutely atrocious, can't exactly be touched in like paint either.

I'm just saying that it is a paint job that has taken time, thought and money, not like Echo frames where the frame is barely polished then covered in lacquer. The graphics are also set in with the paint, so aren't going to peel like other gash manufacturers.

ozonys curve ... just to check , can this disk frame actually take a disk , with a standard wheel and rotor ? the ice 2 sure couldent

Some hubs are better than others, I'm running an echo hub and its terrible for it. Its the hub, not the frame.

Lacquer doesn't chip, it scuffs and scratches, then yo uclean it with petrol and it comes out looking a lot less noticeable that a scratched/chipped painted frame.

EDIT: Oh and disc mounts are flat, vertical. They don't effect the ability of the frame to take a disc, the stregnth and geometry of the axle to caliper holes matter, but they're easy to get right so i very much doubt that's the problem, it is more likely to be the hub as Tom just said.

Edited by Muel

thought and money, not like Echo frames where the frame is barely polished then covered in lacquer. The graphics are also set in with the paint, so aren't going to peel like other gash manufacturers.

Some hubs are better than others, I'm running an echo hub and its terrible for it. Its the hub, not the frame.

well , ive tryed 2 differant hubs , and in my old frame they fit fine , in this frame , they dont ...

Okey......Thought we would be a bit different.

Black......"looks heavy"

Baby Blue "looks like the GU, Inspired blah blah"

Green "already done on the Limey 20"

Red "looks nasty"

White "Yawn"

Purple "Gay"

The list carrys on, Some peolpe lik it some people dont. I'm sorry. This is the 3rd build pictured in bike pictures and no one seemed to really dis liked the other builds.....Maybe the forks and spokes are not to taste but if you can not see past them then again I'm sorry.

:lol: the public are a pain in the arse.

I like the colour but it is so unique that all the bikes built around this frame are gonna look the same.

Dunno if its cos ive grown up a bit, but if rode a bike that really f**king loved, it could be bright pink coverd in pictures of penis' and i wouldnt give a shit its how it rides not how it looks.

stop your f**king bitching about colours and actually ride your bikes instead of staring at them.

Well said sausage!

this colour woulda got the kids excited:-

IMG_1561.jpg

I do believe it is the colour ZXR kawasakis are painted and when I get my limey it is the exact colour I shall be spraying it....... immediately before the postman has finnished his round.

Edited by Matt Vandart

You need Shucksmith to do your graphics Onza.

(Y)

I'm not keen on the colour, but I'm not gonna go into that. :P

Joe, I recommend you do exactly the same design, but in white, with all the graphics in shades of grey and black, no other colours.

I'm all for a brightly coloured frame, but if you look at my Simtra say, (just because there is a link in my sig), they're really simple, clean lines, barely any CNC or harsh edges and really smooth simple graphics. I think that for a bright colour, you need smooth lines and not too busy in the detail, whereas a frame like that which is a really nice looking design, just needs some more toned down colours.

Just my ideas, another option you could try is getting some designs done by someone else, like a student or an unemployed person with skill, but no money. (Y) I know a couple of people if you want to be put in contact with them?

Really good shape and lines and frame design though, just needs to colour scheme and possibly graphics to set it off! (Y)

No... sorry thats horrific.

Your target market being . . . . .

post-22185-1261219156_thumb.png

This is a forum,

A forum who pretty much has 80 % of english riders on,

you post prototype frames with no paint on that arent finished yet (fair play) everyone says "we love the frames what colour are you going to make them" . . . . you dont tell people then make it in gold :SWTF!

If it happend like this . . . .

"joe what colour are the new mods going to be"

"gold"

Im pretty sure if you had told the forum it was going to be gold that it no longer would be. . . .

You made a white frame for savage how nice is that!

If you wanted to impress the forum simply ask the colours that they like, then make a new proto and see what the forum thinks of it and get some more graphics on the frames . .. . . .

The nicest limey frame ive seen so far colour wise has to be jamie williams green effect he made, if someone has that pic please post it up its lush!!!

EDIT: the forks do make it out to look more stupid than it really is and ill openly admit when i see one of these in the flesh im sure id fall inlove with it much like the skull . . . . .

Edited by Seabasss

No, lacquer chips, which looks absolutely atrocious, can't exactly be touched in like paint either.

I'm just saying that it is a paint job that has taken time, thought and money, not like Echo frames where the frame is barely polished then covered in lacquer. The graphics are also set in with the paint, so aren't going to peel like other gash manufacturers.

and you cant take the stickers off, which 90% of people complained about with zona, nice.