Knee Problem Solved

i_rule_the_world

been to doccys my knee problem from riding is called chondromalacia patella

which is softening of the cartlidge behind the patella(knee cap)

it heals itself but takes 2yrs roughly, and if u think u have it as soon as it starts to hurt in your knee stop doing the activity so it will not rub away your cartlidge.

if your knee hurts when u put pressure on it/move ur kneecap from side to side with your hand and it hurts a bit, ull have it

thought u guys might want to know :thumbsup:

chars

RU

Edited by i_rule_the_world

nah can still do normal activitys but really have to stop when it hurts the slightest, cause that is where the cartlidge is being worn down I guess

this site should come in useful.....

knee problem

got symptoms and shit but I would thouroghly recomed going to doccys incase u have ligament or tendon probs....

Edited by i_rule_the_world

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I also have aa knee problem... I dont know how to speel it :-  its called osgoodschlaters disease

yup thats what the doc said I got about 2 years ago.

he also said stop doing hard activity and the pain will stop.

shows how good he is I never stopped and im now used ot the pain and with the power of my mind can channel it for better needs.

yup thats what the doc said I got about 2 years ago.

he also said stop doing hard activity and the pain will stop.

shows how good he is I never stopped and im now used ot the pain and with the power of my mind can channel it for better needs.

You have the customary lump of cartalidge under the flesh on your knee then?

I have that too, it was really bad the year I got it (forced doing high jump damnit). I was off sport for a year, and even sitting down it hurt.

It's not too bad now :D it aches but nothing major :D (Still got the lump too! nothing you can do about that apart from sugery which gets rid of the lump but makes your knee really week for ages heh :D )

I had chondromalacia patella about 2 years ago.

that was football induced though.

it hurt about 30mins after activity, because of the grateing it swells up and hurts alot mainly after but can hurt whilst doing stuff.

it meant I couldn't play for 6 months.I was told if I carried on I might need an operation to remove the flaking.

you can sort of see if you have it by laying your leg on the floor(relaxed) so u can move the knee cap around freely, then ummm dunno how to explain this, cup the top of the knee cap(right hand-right knee) ahh bugger it, like this:

untitled1_copy1.jpg

then LIGHTLY tense you knee so the cap moves upwards and you should feel quite a bit of grateing, im told there is a certain amount in any knee but its blatent in chondromalacia patella sufferers.

oh and an open patella knee(big blue things) support helps.

im no doctor so don't blame me if you fail to walk afterwards :thumbsup: