King Bmx

padarik

Hmm, the hubsheel itself us the same, the bit the spokes go in, but I think the other bit you'll need to change. On a BMX it will be shorter to accept one sprocket, but you'll need the 9sp one I think.

http://www.aspirevelotech.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=SSND

same hub shell and free hub body , think onle axle is diffrent ?

Just to reinforce the above, as you sound the sort to do what you think, rather than take people's advice :P...

King BMXs are mod spacing, which is 116.

Normal kings are 135.

The singlespeed king has a wider hubshell (more distance between the flanges) to make up the difference, at the same time as making a stronger wheel build.

No - you cannot just change the axle.

Just to reinforce the above, as you sound the sort to do what you think, rather than take people's advice :P...

King BMXs are mod spacing, which is 116.

Normal kings are 135.

The singlespeed king has a wider hubshell (more distance between the flanges) to make up the difference, at the same time as making a stronger wheel build.

No - you cannot just change the axle.

Wrong, King BMXs are mod spacing, which is 110mm, just like a BMX. 116 is some shitty interface that only Deng and the crappy trials frames tried to introduce.

yes, just swapping the axle out will work, everything else is the same IF you have the SS King, not the cassette version

Wrong, King BMXs are mod spacing, which is 110mm, just like a BMX. 116 is some shitty interface that only Deng and the crappy trials frames tried to introduce.

yes, just swapping the axle out will work, everything else is the same IF you have the SS King, not the cassette version

"Wrong," the hub shell on the BMX hub, is different to the one on the MTB single speed hub, however it is the same on the 9 speed mountainbike hub and the BMX hub, the cassette body may well be the same on the BMX hub as it is on the MTB single speed hub.

If you need any proof look at the distance between the spoke flanges, it's 57mm on the BMX hub's and the 9 speed MTB hubs, and it's 67mm on the single speed MTB hub.

So there is no set up that needs just the axle swapping, it either needs the axle and cassette body swapping, or the axle and hub shell. I'd imagine each of the 3 versions will have it's own specific axle, due to the bearings positioning.

You're right about the BMX hubs being the standard 110mm, and that 116 is just a weird size invented by trials companies, the idea being you use a 110mm hub, with a 3mm thick snail cam either side of the hub.

Just to clear things up, have a paint drawing :P

post-4312-1262731154_thumb.jpg

have got a second hubshell is loads wider may just be bolts and axle now

Sounds good, if it's wider, then it's the shell from a SS mountain bike hub, meaning with the right axle, and your old cassette body it may well all go together nicely. Although I have no proof/experience to say that the cassette body will be the same, it would make sense from a manufacturers point of view to share the same part between the 2 models to keep tooling costs down.

"Wrong," the hub shell on the BMX hub, is different to the one on the MTB single speed hub, however it is the same on the 9 speed mountainbike hub and the BMX hub, the cassette body may well be the same on the BMX hub as it is on the MTB single speed hub.

If you need any proof look at the distance between the spoke flanges, it's 57mm on the BMX hub's and the 9 speed MTB hubs, and it's 67mm on the single speed MTB hub.

So there is no set up that needs just the axle swapping, it either needs the axle and cassette body swapping, or the axle and hub shell. I'd imagine each of the 3 versions will have it's own specific axle, due to the bearings positioning.

You're right about the BMX hubs being the standard 110mm, and that 116 is just a weird size invented by trials companies, the idea being you use a 110mm hub, with a 3mm thick snail cam either side of the hub.

Just to clear things up, have a paint drawing :P

post-4312-1262731154_thumb.jpg

Sounds good, if it's wider, then it's the shell from a SS mountain bike hub, meaning with the right axle, and your old cassette body it may well all go together nicely. Although I have no proof/experience to say that the cassette body will be the same, it would make sense from a manufacturers point of view to share the same part between the 2 models to keep tooling costs down.

Whoops, I was thinking cassette body. Got all engrossed in the whole BMX spacing being 116...my apologies.