14 Colours - New Echo Products

Mark W

Why do trials parts manufacturers never include the rise of the bars like mountainbike handlebar manufacturers? They include upsweep and backsweep, which are standard measurements but not rise, which would make comparisons between bars and how the'y effect the riding position of a bike much easier....

Why do trials parts manufacturers never include the rise of the bars like mountainbike handlebar manufacturers?

Because they mean nothing. Companies measure their bars' height to the first bend... which is not where you hold it. Once you add a 10 degree upsweep (or so)from the first bend to the end of your grips, this can increase the 'rise' by 50mm or more!

Because they mean nothing. Companies measure their bars' height to the first bend... which is not where you hold it. Once you add a 10 degree upsweep (or so)from the first bend to the end of your grips, this can increase the 'rise' by 50mm or more!

Yeah i fully appreciate that, but some bars will have 10mm rise to the first bend and others will have, like the trialtech high rise bars, considerably more. surely to allow a direct comparison that needs to be taken into consideration?

Guess so, but your '20mm' riser bars could still be higher than '65mm' rise bars... The best way would be to measure from the clamp to the end of the bar, so you know how much actual rise the bar has (will be adding this info to our site for all our bars asap btw).

Guess so, but your '20mm' riser bars could still be higher than '65mm' rise bars... The best way would be to measure from the clamp to the end of the bar, so you know how much actual rise the bar has (will be adding this info to our site for all our bars asap btw).

I think thats more what i was trying to get at, something so you can give a direct comparison between the actual rise of the different bars (Y)

Am I the only one who thinks that a titanium bodied freewheel is a bad idea? Freewheels are a pig to get off at the best of times, let alone once the titanium has cold welded itself to the threads. Going to be alot of trashed cranks/freewheels I think :(