New Rockman Slate2 Bike

Savage

It doesn't look like a sponsored rider's bike, in a way. Just sorta seems a little thrown together, like if I was Rockman I'd want it to look a bit more 'pro' for want of a better word. Still, if it rides nicely then that's all good...

its a proto type aint it ? its not going to look amazing. bens there to test and comment on the geo. not how to decorate the thing like a christmas tree :) x

I was refering to it just in the way that it doesn't look like a nice bike, pretty much. Like if you look at Stan's bike, it's a pretty good example of a 'sponsored' bike because everything looks rad, and it looks like a bike you'd want to ride or own:

stansky3.jpg

When you look at Ben's it just sorta looks thrown together, e.g. red caged pedals, green headset, etc. There's a pretty clear difference between the two, and that's all I was commenting on really. Just seemed like it wasn't a very Rockman-y setup, but I guess that could be because he's only recently been sponsored by them.

Frame looks awesome, bike looks like a miss mash of old onza parts, hope teams bits and bits from your shop you had lying around. But hey if it rides nicely (Y)

i do think people are being a lil bit harsh, just cus i dont look like stans bike, all matching colours and stuff, after all its a prototype and bens trying different parts to see what works best, not what looks best, and as hes only just got the frame i believe hes waiting on more rockman stuff to turn up in the post all the way fron singapore....

i can see what people are saying.. take the bit of tape off the forks and change the colour of the pedals and grips and it would look mint, the pics dont do it any justice at all, looks really nice in the flesh....

maybe ben should post some pics of him ridding it and mark you could post some of stan on his bike, see which one looks most PRO.........

maybe ben should post some pics of him ridding it and mark you could post some of stan on his bike, see which one looks most PRO.........

How come none of you little fan-boys down in Wales seem to be able to grasp that I was purely talking about how his bike looked, not about how good he was as a rider?

oh my god, hero.

Same goes for you Ozzy. I know it took you about 3-4 posts to realise that when I said that I didn't think his bike looked nice that I meant that I didn't think it looked nice, but come on...

i can see what people are saying.. take the bit of tape off the forks and change the colour of the pedals and grips and it would look mint, the pics dont do it any justice at all, looks really nice in the flesh....

Which is exactly what I said, so f**k off trying to be a dick to me.

hmmm, the complete bike isnt really doing anything for me...but the frame itself looks great

i can see what people mean by the 'pro bike look'...reguardless of how well he rides, id have expected rockman to want to ensure the bike looks the part as well as rides well (isnt that part of the reason being sponsoring a rider?! to show off your stuff in the best way?!)

You'd probably be better off PMing me directly if you want to have a little dig, Andrew...

Just as long as it gets taken on board. I dont think bad language sets a very good example when it comes from a moderator, no matter what the situation or the **'s used.

Thank you

f**king sick as.....looks pimp with all the little coloured parts!

Trying to stop people swearing by leading by example would basically be pissing in the wind.

People are just looking for and argument mate....ignore....i know what your saying, however i like all the different coloured parts, but the red pedels stand out too much!

Best put the handbags away ey boys?

First off I agree that Stans bike looks very nice but it is what it is – an example of how a new bike can look. I change frames to often now to throw a new set of components at every frame I build and ride. Things snap and brake, I replace the bits with whatever colour I have around. To be honest I’m not fussed if for example the gold hubs don’t go with my blue brake mounts.

Its the first time I have ridden a bike with a BB as high as the Slate2’s. So I thought the only way I could get a real comparison to the Limey3 which has a lower BB would be to transfer all the parts directly from one frame to the other.

Initially I was only going to post pics of the frame but I received a number of PM’s asking for pics of the full bike so I posted a few.

Currently I only have the Frame and forks, a rather large box with the rest of Rockman’s products is on the way to me. When it arrives Il rebuild the bike with them, remove the red pedals and hopefully the bike will look pro enough.

Mark you commented on the Green bits, surely someone in your informed position knows that Hope team riders have green Hope components.

Ben.