Purchase Of A Gillott Columbus Fixed Gear Road Bike!

TrialsGilly

Basically looking at buying a road bike, to ride around town, and this just caught my eye, as it is local.

Hopefully it will be quite fast around town? To be honest my theory behind buying it is beucase i think it look's good, and hopefully won't loose to much value if i keep it in good order.

I know abit bikes in gernal, but don't have a clue about prices for this sort of thing.

bike is posted on the ctc forum here: http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32...t=fixed#p257934

and lots and lots of pictures on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28525178@N08/...57623032894390/

was asking £275. he has come down to £260 already.

only thing i have noticed is that the tyres look quite worn, but im not sure if that level of wear is ok for a road bike?

If anyone has any adivce on the bike, or a clue what it is worth, would value your opinion.

Thanks Tom

Edited by TrialsGilly

I'd ask for some decent pictures first of all. Dunno about you, but I can't even see what colour it's supposed to be let alone condition.

To be honest my theory behind buying it is beucase i think it look's good

Is there another reason for buying a fixie? For what it's worth, I think it looks rubbish :turned:

name='Tomm' post='2061255' date='Jan 14 2010, 06:07 PM']I'd ask for some decent pictures first of all. Dunno about you, but I can't even see what colour it's supposed to be let alone condition.

Fair point, yea i'm going to have a look at it tonight, and will check the condition out.

Is there another reason for buying a fixie? For what it's worth, I think it looks rubbish :turned:

Not sure there is any other reason you would to be honest!

Edited by TrialsGilly

At least you're honest! If you enjoy it, fair play. As for the holding its value thing, I'm not really sure about that. What happens when fixies become untrendy in a year or so?

Wait. A quick wiki has found three main advantages:

1. Can ride backwards

2. Apparentley develop's a good pedaling style if used with a small cog

3. Is good for track stand's.

:)

Which none of them i actually care about, but there they are!

Becoming untrending is a posiability, but it's 80's so i'm hopeing the fact it's abit of a classic + they may come more in to fashion.

Slight gamble, but with all those advantages who would'nt want one... >_<

• 2 weeks later...