Films!?

ogre

Recently watched Amy – not really a 'film' as such, but well worth a watch if you rate her as a musician and amateur drug user.

Went to watch The Hateful Eight on Tuesday as well. Typical Tarantino, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

4 hours ago, manuel said:

And killed his dog. That film is awesome.

So has everyone seen Star Wars yet? 

Nope and probably won't (even through less legal means). I've probably only actually seen the very first one (i.e. original, original) all the way through and never saw any of the Ewan McGregor trilogy ones at all. Does nothing for me really. John Wick rocks though :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2015 at 3:44 PM, craigjames said:

I don't use this thread much but I do watch a fair amount of films when at home so my January update: 

Watched the Maze runners and thought they was average not as good as the Hunger games.  

Mission Impossible R N was better than the previous one. 

The Martian did nothing for me but I don't really rate Matt Damon so that sort of didn't help. 

The Visit was weird, not so much a scary film but jumpy mainly because you was expecting it to be a scary film, good twist when they skype their mother near the end though. Very unexpected. 

Sicario was really really good I recommend that to anyone into action'y stuff. 

Run all night was like a shit John Wick (Eat that Neeson!)

Ride along 2 was just the same old shit but funny at times. 

Sinister 2 was good but not as jumpy as the first film. 

Creed has got to be the best film I have seen this year so far.  

I have actually watched quite alot more but stream most of what I watch online so if anyone can suggest anything that's fairly recent do so I am struggling to find stuff that looks good. I haven't watch the Tom Hardy film with the twins yet it's on my list. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Batman v Superman... what a pile of shite. http://io9.gizmodo.com/batman-v-superman-spoiler-faq-of-justice-1767720335 that sums it up quite well so you don't have to sit through it.

I disagree a lot, and that whole article was annoyingly aggravating, I think I could dispute most of the points there. 

The movie had a lot of flaws but I still thought it was solid with a few amazing bits in it. I'd go on but end up writing an article like that one :P  

The thing that's bugging me though is the Batman killing complaint, he very rarely looks like he actually kills (when not in a dream sequence) but I think people are missing the point that they're going for a older, more cynical and more brutal Batman who's been effected by years of crime fighting and having his sidekick killed. I'm still looking forward for the rest of the DC movies and still think Suicide Squad is going to be this years second Deadpool in terms of unexpected success.

1 hour ago, bikeperson45 said:

I disagree a lot, and that whole article was annoyingly aggravating, I think I could dispute most of the points there. 

The movie had a lot of flaws but I still thought it was solid with a few amazing bits in it. I'd go on but end up writing an article like that one :P  

The thing that's bugging me though is the Batman killing complaint, he very rarely looks like he actually kills (when not in a dream sequence) but I think people are missing the point that they're going for a older, more cynical and more brutal Batman who's been effected by years of crime fighting and having his sidekick killed. I'm still looking forward for the rest of the DC movies and still think Suicide Squad is going to be this years second Deadpool in terms of unexpected success.

Yeah, I have no issues with the Batman killing thing but the whole plot was just a huge pile of wank that made no sense...

On 30/03/2016 at 8:19 AM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Batman v Superman... what a pile of shite. http://io9.gizmodo.com/batman-v-superman-spoiler-faq-of-justice-1767720335 that sums it up quite well so you don't have to sit through it.

Thanks, I don't know why but I've built a hatred for that film without even the tiniest desire to watch and now I feel my decision is justified. 

Hateful 8 was a typical Taratino film and i loved it.

Really enjoyed Straight Outta Compton, but then I have far more N.W.A. albums than I should.

Finally got around to watching The Force Awakens and squealed like an excited small child more times than I care to admit. Really enjoyed it, seemed to have a bit of grit and rawness that was missing from the previous 3 films.

Went to the cinema to watch Deadpool, first time i've been in years, was so so good! Can see it being a film i'll watch repeatedly. Looking forward to the X-rated directors cut :D