Films!?

ogre

I personally don't see why Batman vs Superman is getting so much hate. On the whole, I thought it was pretty enjoyable and would give it a 6-7/10. Yes it had a lot of flaws, but so do 9/10 of comic book movies. I do agree with the complaint that too much was squeezed into it, but I can understand why they are rushing it with all the success Marvel are having with their universe and the avengers. Ben Affleck as Batman was also surprisingly good and I am looking forward to his stand alone films.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Davetrials said:

10 clover field lane was okay as its own film, if it had nothing to with jj abrams, then ideal. i wanted to scream towards the end the film. waste of my time. i only paid 4 quid for the cinema and that was to much.

It was never intended as a Cloverfield sequel, the screenplay was an original but they wanted to give it some more selling power and so linked it as a sequel... I haven't seen it yet but will be bearing that in mind a lot when I do.

finally got round to watching The Martian. I expected a Armageddon disaster type film so I was pleasantly surprised when it was more of a general tale of survival. One thing I loved was that the characters were smart, unlike other films where despite being highly trained or experts in their field they'd make obviously stupid mistakes and end up dead. In The Martian everyone behaved as you'd think smart people would, every step taken was a good one and I just found it extremely satisfying. No one was a dick for the sake of it.

• Like 2

I've been waiting for the Force Awakens for about 10 years now. I think I might of hyped it up in my head a little more than I should have. A few areas were a little disappointing but I have to remember that it is the first of 3 movies that all have to tie together.

But there was a lot of mirroring from the original trilogy to the point of it becoming laughable. I won't spoil anything but I don't really need to say they were that obvious.

Watched Deadpool the other night and was definitely impressed, finally a decent action film that wasn't over edited to get it down to a family friendly age rating.

Also watched The Finest Hours last night, I enjoyed it especially knowing it was a true story but I thought it was lacking something I can't put my finger on. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...