Films!?

ogre

Watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last night.

Kinda disappointed with the ending, was pretty cool but felt like it was leading up to something that wasn't the truth but never did.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bikeperson45 said:

Suicide Squad was incredibly disappointing - really terrible. 

I thought it was pretty good apart from some bad acting, enormous plot holes, a lot going unexplained, a lot of character introduction and yet still a shit load of characters just chucked in so you have no idea who they are and it being very Will Smithy.

I thought the main characters were all really good though :)

1 hour ago, Jolfa said:

I thought it was pretty good apart from some bad acting, enormous plot holes, a lot going unexplained, a lot of character introduction and yet still a shit load of characters just chucked in so you have no idea who they are and it being very Will Smithy.

I thought the main characters were all really good though :)

I agree the characters were good, I just found there were so many other parts that just weren't necessary (way too many flashbacks for my liking) and it boiled down to the same 'fighting a faceless army while there's a laser going into the sky' thing. And I'd rather have a more focused plot by getting rid of the Joker, despite liking how Jared Leto playing it.

DC movies have just been very disappointing so far...

On 7/23/2016 at 10:13 AM, JT! said:

Watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last night.

Hide contents

Kinda disappointed with the ending, was pretty cool but felt like it was leading up to something that wasn't the truth but never did.

She should of died, either from the mothership or being dropped after killing it that would of been epic....

^^^ MADE WHITE FOR SPOILERS n SHIT ^^^I

ts the only film recently id happy to have sat longer watching it, not just strung out like most 3+ hour films

• 2 weeks later...

The Adjustment Bureau, never heard of it, was on TV 8/10 would recommend

the new Jungle Book, pretty good, kid's a great actor 7/10

and TV not film but if you haven't watched Stranger Things already, go and watch it, it's really, really good!

Rewatching the Harry potter Films. Really appreciating them the 2nd time around a lot more than I did the first time. The first two or three are a little bit childish and hard to watch though, but wow it's incredible to think this storyline came from one person.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JT! said:

Rewatching the Harry potter Films. Really appreciating them the 2nd time around a lot more than I did the first time. The first two or three are a little bit childish and hard to watch though, but wow it's incredible to think this storyline came from one person.

I did the same over the last few weeks, sister in law has all the books so I read them one by one and watched each film after. Took me 3½ weeks to read the lot (not including the new play) and it really helps to fill in the blanks in the films and makes a lot more sense when you watch, I'd recommend it as they're really easy to get into as well!

• Like 2

If you've read the books the movies are more like companion pieces rather than a substitute, movies don't even get into a fair amount of the sub-plots that develop some of the themes (thinking of the house elf politics mainly) but I still find it amazing that they managed to create eight good movies.  I still get goosebumps watching the introduction in Goblet of Fire.

Potter nerd mode activated.

I'm hoping they make the new play into a movie, if they did it right it would be incredible, perfectly serves a nostalgic aspect by bringing a lot of key characters into the mix while successfully being it's own thing with a good plot as well. If you've read the books I think you'd love the script.

I hope they do but I can't see it happening as JK Rowling insisted it would never happen. It'd be alright in 10 years when all the original actors are old enough to match the characters in the play though rather than use different actors.

Makes me laugh how Harry has the piece of broken mirror in the film yet no explanation behind where it appeared from (at least if there was I must have missed it!).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...