Ymsa Supertrials Urgent Date Change Now 11Th July

the organiser

I don't mean to be rude, but if that's the flyer, I think you could do a lot better. If you are wanting a good crowd of spectators then I think it would be a good idea to put a little bit more effort into the poster/flyers. I know it might not be your thing, but I'm sure someone could help you out here. Please take this as constructive,

Thanks

I don't mean to be rude, but if that's the flyer, I think you could do a lot better. If you are wanting a good crowd of spectators then I think it would be a good idea to put a little bit more effort into the poster/flyers. I know it might not be your thing, but I'm sure someone could help you out here. Please take this as constructive,

Thanks

All taken on board, so new poster here now

hope you can all spot the differance

we are the only club so far to try this and we know also how inportant it is to supported riders for there sponsors to see them out at big events like this hope to see you all there

Thanks Dave

post-5083-126713269686_thumb.jpg

It's difference Dave.

And I was just trying to be constructive, I haven't quite worked out whether your reply was in jest or not, but I was trying to make a serious point. If that last post wasn't meant to be dry humour then I suggest that you should think before attempting to make enemies with any entry paying riders, as it's entries that you have struggled with in the last few years.

Thank you

Dave, is the date 100% confirmed? Cos I now have a dilema! There is another comp on that weekend at Lee Quarry with Singletrack Magazine (the trials/dh and xc race) that I had been wanting to enter since last year, I REALLY want to go to both!! I would be gutted if I missed either event. :(

I can’t see what walkers problem is.

As a poster it does everything it needs to. Tells me where it is, tells me when it is and tells me what it is! Has a good shot of some trials action, and some shots of the venue.

Good effort in my opinion, to get more public interest in trials as a sport. I don’t see any other club in the uk even attempting to advertise its comps to the public, let alone making a poster.

Once you have finalised the poster and got some copy’s done i would be happy to have some in the shop Dave!!

Rob

I imagine what Andy was trying to get across (correct me if i'm wrong) is that it looks like a font cover from MBUK but from 10-12 years ago, this is supposed to be the biggest trials competition in the country trying to attract both the tops riders and the general public's interest. The post is everyone's first point of interaction with the event and as such should look professional, exciting and informative.

Dave's amendment doesn't really help the cause, unless it was meant in jest, which we all know is hard to put across on an internet forum.

The event format and locations look awesome, really hope it works out and opens trials competition to a wider audience.

I imagine what Andy was trying to get across (correct me if i'm wrong) is that it looks like a font cover from MBUK but from 10-12 years ago, this is supposed to be the biggest trials competition in the country trying to attract both the tops riders and the general public's interest. The post is everyone's first point of interaction with the event and as such should look professional, exciting and informative.

Dave's amendment doesn't really help the cause, unless it was meant in jest, which we all know is hard to put across on an internet forum.

The event format and locations look awesome, really hope it works out and opens trials competition to a wider audience.

Fully agree, perhaps your diplomacy betters mine!

Firstly I would like to thank all of those that have had a positive reply to this thread as trust me this will be a fantastic competition that myself and my family, friends and a lot of extremely large sponsors will be putting a great deal of time and effort into. This will be a competition that will have the coverage of local media as well as some of the national magazines and some TV coverage also this is why entries are limited and it will be a fantastic opportunity for any of the countries sponsored or assisted riders to appear here to promote the brands that have so kindly assisted them for the 2010 season.

My family will be taking a great deal of their own time up to set this up and as I said last year that in 2010 I wanted to be involved with giving something back to the sport and the guys that participate. Because after all without riders the sport would be dead! Also because all that we have ever really known is the competition scene then the best way that we are giving back to the sport is by creating the best competitions to the highest levels, not taking anything away from any other clubs around the UK because they also do a fantastic job at keeping our very small sport afloat. But this will be a completly man made to a huge standard competiton with indoor and outdoor sections and a very special occasion so please all are welcome to submit a request to ride and we await some more of your entries with the great faith that all the entries and riders that we have will have a fantastic day and please do not be disheartened if you don't get an entry please come down and support the competition because we would be delighted to have you all and we will have a wicked day! (Y)

He took my name off it.

It's pretty petty if you ask me, but then that doesn't really suprise me coming from him.

Ok, as for the remarks so far made by you Walker please take this as a constructive critism from another sponsored rider who has been sonsored by factories for now over a decade I am not saying I am squeeky clean because that would be crazy but I think that you may find that as a sponsored rider when you are have applied for a ride at what may be one of the best opportunities to make a better name for yourself and showcase you sponsors the best thing to do is allow the organiser to do what he likes with his promotion as it is not upto yourself. I have previously thought in the past that some of the trials promotions for different competitions have been not to my taste however they are not upto me to comment as I am there to be professional and showcase my riding and promote sponsors. Not to say that I thought that their branding wasnt to my taste. So in future please think that if you have been awarded to ride at a big event please be excited and happy that you are considered someone that is of the professional look and level to handle the competition and not someone that has a petty go at the organisers and refer to my father David as "him" to apply that you have a personal agressive problem with the man that is putting a lot of his time and effort into supplying you with a great opportunity.

As i said before please take this as a positive remark as i think this is only something I thought that you could reflect on in the future as someone who may want to continue as a professional in the sport and please do not pick up on any of my typing errors as i will openly say that i am maybe not someone that has the greatest intellect when it comes to the english language and computing. Thank you for taking all that I have said on board and we all wish to see you soon....

A positive and well worded reply Danny, thanks.

I probably was a bit blunt with my first post, however, I would have preferred to see my criticism taken on board rather than the reply that I got. Again, please take this constructively, but if 'extremely big" sponsors are involved then I think it is paticularly important to get the poster looking professional. I really do appreciate all of the time that you have and will continue to sacrifice in putting together a great event, thank you.

Hi Guys and girls

Well we know that we have been away from the comps last year but we are going to run some new events in 2010

3 Events in total.

2 Super trials made fully from man made sections, one in the south and one in the midlands.

1 Natural event to be held at Bracken rocks, this may move to 2 events if there is good intrest.

2nd May 2010 will be the first event at Bracken rocks all class welcome.

Super Trials Becketts farm 4th july 2010 rider limit on this trials so enter now

The first Super trials will be held at Becketts Farm see the link below more details to follow as we are just working out the best date for the event we are looking at May/June,

www.beckettsfarm.co.uk

This is a great chance to take a full on super trial to the centre of the country and in full view for the public, the format is yet to be set but this will be a full day out for all.

more news later,

you can now keep upto date with any of the event news from our web site or by looking for us on face book.

more to come soon

Super Trial Event info here below

Event Sponnsers list

TartyBikes

Leisure Trail KTM

Becketts Farm

Dave Butler

Comments welcome thanks

if you want to ride state if you are 20 or 26 thanks there is a rider number limit.

Riders so far for the SUPER TRIALS

26"

Danny Butler Atomz

Ben Slinger Atomz

Ben Savage Rockman

Ali C Atomz

Stan Shaw Koxx

Joe Oakley Echo

Andrew Warker Rockman

Nathan Thompson Atomz

Will Arnold ????

Kieran Whitefield

20"

James Sheridan

Sam Oliver

Tom Rankin

Tom Astbury

Rob Poyser

Ryan Trickett

Jack Carthy

Ryan Crisp

SO COME ON WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE BEST 30 UK TOP RIDERS, SO IF YOU ARE A SUPPORTED RIDER YOU NEED TO BE AT THIS EVENT

#

im prbly not in the top 30 but can you put me on the list davey baby, sounds like an amazing trial to me

Rider list is now updated on the frist post ok

still need 1 or 2 more riders

for the super trials you need to ask to ride, if we get over 15 in each class then we will only take what we think to be the best 15.

As for the trials at Bracken this will be run under normal trials entry ie we will sort out a entry form in the next few weeks ok

Many thanks Dave

PS we are looking for section sponsers for the super trials so far we have

TartyBikes

LeisureTrail KTM

?????

if you know any one let us know we have good rates for this thanks