Tartybikes 2010 Team

AdamR28

Hi guys,

At the moment our team of sponsored riders is pretty large and we would like to cut it down to a 'core' of riders across a range of disciplines, ages and wheel sizes. To ensure the process is as fair as possible we have asked all our current riders to re-apply for sponsorship and are also opening the slots out to new riders (those who aren't existing TartyBikes Team riders).

The general areas we would like to fill with at least one rider in each are:

- International (either 20", 24", 26" street or competition)

- Junior (either 20", 24", 26" street or competition)

- Competition (20", 26" or both)

- Street (20", 26" or both)

- 24"

- Demo team

We would like to have the new 2010 team all sorted out before the end of February.

If you wish to make an application, please email tartybikes[at]gmail.com with the title '2010 Sponsorship Application'.

Applications should ideally include a couple of links to web videos/pictures you have shot in the last few months, list of any events you have attended/won last season (obviously some riders will be more biased towards one of these than the other), your plans for next year, how you think you can benefit TartyBikes and the sport of trials in general, plus anything else you would like to add.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks!

Adam

Good question!

It will include:

- Reduced price products, anything from free of charge to a discounted rate, the discount varies depending on the rider.

- Free clothing, stickers, chainstay protectors to allow you to promote the company.

If you have any ideas of other reciprocal benefits that could be considered just let me know (Y)

Edit: Junior means younger riders, if you prefer it to be specifically categorised then I guess 'Under 16'.

Good question!

It will include:

- Reduced price products, anything from free of charge to a discounted rate, the discount varies depending on the rider.

- Free clothing, stickers, chainstay protectors to allow you to promote the company.

If you have any ideas of other reciprocal benefits that could be considered just let me know (Y)

Edit: Junior means younger riders, if you prefer it to be specifically categorised then I guess 'Under 16'.

not much then :/ IMO.

What about Paul Seddon, 25, Rides Street, Can sidehop 7 maby 8 pallets, got his own little custom move going,just no videos because he isnt too good on a pc.

He recentlyish bought a yabba stinger off a and a ffw system and dreaded getting rid of the pro II, if that helps, if you are interested i can throw together a video for him.

What about Paul Seddon, 25, Rides Street, Can sidehop 7 maby 8 pallets, got his own little custom move going,just no videos because he isnt too good on a pc.

He recentlyish bought a yabba stinger off a and a ffw system and dreaded getting rid of the pro II, if that helps, if you are interested i can throw together a video for him.

What else would you like? Money? :lol:

I think it’s down to the individual, and if XXXX XXXXXX rider "isn’t too good on a pc"; his online self promotional skills/attributes are going to be lacking.

How many pallets can Damon side hop (for example)?-Is he supported by TB? I think Tarty Bikes are looking for a little something more than just inch pinchers.

Have you ever tried fliers Adam? Handing out A5 size informative leaflets about TB at big events might generate some interest? I for one can vouch for interested parents asking where I got my bike from....

(Y)

The general areas we would like to fill with at least one rider in each are:

- International (either 20", 24", 26" street or competition)

But what about foreign drivers? Or just the English riders may join?

:)

I understand, but what else would you like to see offered? If you have any suggestions, as I said above, please let me know (Y) Only at the very top level can athletes expect free product, wages, etc. For going on a few street rides with your mates and having a good attitude to riding, I think discounted parts is pretty sweet. When I started riding, sponsorship of anyone who didn't ride in the world champs was pretty much unheard of, it's cool that trials has grown and allowed this sort of thing to happen in my opinion.

• Like 1

:)

I understand, but what else would you like to see offered? If you have any suggestion, as I said above, please let me know (Y) Only at the very top level can athletes expect free product, wages, etc. For going on a few street rides with your mates and having a good attitude to riding, I think discounted parts is pretty sweet. When I started riding, sponsorship of anyone who didn't ride in the world champs was pretty much unheard of, it's cool that trials has grown and allowed this sort of thing to happen in my opinion.

Agreed. Im not the best rider in the world, and you will be supprised how much discount helps you out even no it dosent seem much.

The thing you've got to realise though is that sponsorship is obviously a two-way process. From us, you're getting a reasonably good amount of support in terms of discounted parts, and all we're asking in return is to display some logos in terms of stickers, a T-shirt or two and how you act on here (and in real life obviously - if you're out on rides slating everything we sell and so on then that's obviously not a great return for us). As everyone knows, when you're riding a lot stuff's inevitably going to break, so getting cheap bits to keep yourself riding simply for helping us out a bit seems like a reasonable deal to me.

As has been said elsewhere, the 'dream lifestyle' of just being able to ride for a living happens to very, very few. There's hardly anyone around who gets totally free parts and gets help with all their travel expenses and so on, so what we're offering is a pretty good deal for someone who's trying to start off or indeed progress their own trials careers.

I understand, but what else would you like to see offered? If you have any suggestions, as I said above, please let me know (Y) Only at the very top level can athletes expect free product, wages, etc. For going on a few street rides with your mates and having a good attitude to riding, I think discounted parts is pretty sweet. When I started riding, sponsorship of anyone who didn't ride in the world champs was pretty much unheard of, it's cool that trials has grown and allowed this sort of thing to happen in my opinion.

i think its great that you actually giving people a chance .

i meen when the champs are gettin loads o parts free its pritty gutting that you have to pay full .

im well up for this idea. :)

email sent.

chris

Also think this is a fantastic opportunity for people, especially younger riders, as there is so much talent out there at the moment that goes unrecognised and supported. I'd be happy just riding under the 'Tarty Bikes' name, let alone discount on parts. Its a nice idea to get people to 'apply' for sponsorship.

A few t-shirts and cheap parts go along way for just having a good attitude and enjoying your sport / hobby.

I think it would be a good idea, for those less technically abled on the video side (which isn't that many people, as Im sure they can get on movie maker and put together something standard), for you to maybe offer a little help putting a video together, as you would both reap the benefits.

Also I would love to see a Tarty Bikes Team Video, to showcase all of your riders, I would even go as far as paying a bit of dollar for it if the production was good quality, as I'm sure it would be. It would greatly promote the company, the riders and also the sport. Just think how many BMX / Skate team videos there are and how they help the sport and companies.

Also I would love to see a Tarty Bikes Team Video, to showcase all of your riders, I would even go as far as paying a bit of dollar for it if the production was good quality, as I'm sure it would be. It would greatly promote the company, the riders and also the sport. Just think how many BMX / Skate team videos there are and how they help the sport and companies.

+1 !