Tartybikes 2010 Team

AdamR28

Cheers for your constructive and mature comments! (Y)

Also I would love to see a Tarty Bikes Team Video, to showcase all of your riders, I would even go as far as paying a bit of dollar for it if the production was good quality, as I'm sure it would be. It would greatly promote the company, the riders and also the sport. Just think how many BMX / Skate team videos there are and how they help the sport and companies.

This is something we have thought about, but the logistics of it may be a bit of a nightmare... The cost of decent video production is pretty massive (we had those video guides done recently), but maybe if rider's clips could be collated and edited into one video by one person that could go a long way towards bring it together?

With the quality of current web videos it wouldn't really feel fair charging for a Tarty video (if done as above), but if a proper production was made (which would run to multiple thousands of pounds) then it would 'have' to be sold I think...

Cheers again!

Adam,

I ont no if you do this already but.. what about giving flyers (SP) to your demo team to hand out when they are doing the demo, with say information about the demo team, information about their sponsors I.E. you, and say a discount like 10% off your order, and 5% off a full build when you use this code and limit it to one code used per post code so you dont get one peson constantly using the code ? that way you get more people coming to you because your giving a discount and your company's name is spread around (Y)... Just an idea :)

Cheers for your constructive and mature comments! (Y)

This is something we have thought about, but the logistics of it may be a bit of a nightmare... The cost of decent video production is pretty massive (we had those video guides done recently), but maybe if rider's clips could be collated and edited into one video by one person that could go a long way towards bring it together?

With the quality of current web videos it wouldn't really feel fair charging for a Tarty video (if done as above), but if a proper production was made (which would run to multiple thousands of pounds) then it would 'have' to be sold I think...

Cheers again!

Yeah I thought afterwards about the costs. Can you not 'get in' with an amateur video person and see if there is a way of lowering costs by helping them promote themselves in the credits. People at Uni who are doing media are always useful as they know what there doing and a chance to expand portfolio would be a good opportunity for them, I'm sure there are a few people on here. (thinking a bit to much into this maybe, but just ideas)

Just a web video then would be cool to see, like you say, if you ask all your riders to submit a few minutes of clips to collate, this would be better than nothing.

Yeah I thought afterwards about the costs. Can you not 'get in' with an amateur video person and see if there is a way of lowering costs by helping them promote themselves in the credits. People at Uni who are doing media are always useful as they know what there doing and a chance to expand portfolio would be a good opportunity for them, I'm sure there are a few people on here. (thinking a bit to much into this maybe, but just ideas)

That's how our media guides came about :) Even at discount price it was pretty expensive (for us)...

Just a web video then would be cool to see, like you say, if you ask all your riders to submit a few minutes of clips to collate, this would be better than nothing.

The only thing with that is that people use so many different cameras that keeping a consistent quality or even aspect ratio for clips would be tricky. The reason BMX and skate team videos work is that there's about 4-5 really popular cameras that people use, and they're all of reasonably similar quality so overall it'll look pretty similar. BMX and skate filmers tend to, to put it bluntly, give a shit about how their output looks too which is also why BMX and skate videos look so much better than trials ones. It'd just be a problem of consistency...

The only thing with that is that people use so many different cameras that keeping a consistent quality or even aspect ratio for clips would be tricky. The reason BMX and skate team videos work is that there's about 4-5 really popular cameras that people use, and they're all of reasonably similar quality so overall it'll look pretty similar. BMX and skate filmers tend to, to put it bluntly, give a shit about how their output looks too which is also why BMX and skate videos look so much better than trials ones. It'd just be a problem of consistency...

Yeah thats fair, maybe in the future when Tarty has become a super brand.

You could always do a Tarty Team weekend somewhere and knock out a little video after that. The last London ride would have been a good opportunity.

To quote The Hitcher," Also I would love to see a Tarty Bikes Team Video, to showcase all of your riders, I would even go as far as paying a bit of dollar for it if the production was good quality, as I'm sure it would be. It would greatly promote the company, the riders and also the sport. Just think how many BMX / Skate team videos there are and how they help the sport and companies. "

Brilliant idea Mr Hitcher. How about 'TartyTimes' an organised ride or couple of rides over a weekend purely for the "Team" riders with a couple of cameras on hand, capturing the very best footage and atmosphere. I think that would be a great way to advertise the company i.e. get the video all over Facebook, Youtube, Google vids just everywhere you can upload giving the potential customers an idea of what 'Tartybikes.co.uk' are all about.

Tom

xxx

To quote 'Mr Rankin' the idea of Facebook; why not just create a group on Facebook, because ive joined quite a few while i've been on there, and it would surely promote the buisness, and with the side bar, you can 'create an advert' on the left hand side of the page? Twitch

For the team video you could ask someone like Jonny Jones to help you out? Or buy a half decent camera 'for team use only' and just organise a private team ride somewhere. Get the team to your warehouse and shoot something there etc. Or a street team video and a natty team video. I'd happily buy a copy if it was up to GET1 standard (Y)

Edited by mr ailsbury

To quote The Hitcher," Also I would love to see a Tarty Bikes Team Video, to showcase all of your riders, I would even go as far as paying a bit of dollar for it if the production was good quality, as I'm sure it would be. It would greatly promote the company, the riders and also the sport. Just think how many BMX / Skate team videos there are and how they help the sport and companies. "

Brilliant idea Mr Hitcher. How about 'TartyTimes' an organised ride or couple of rides over a weekend purely for the "Team" riders with a couple of cameras on hand, capturing the very best footage and atmosphere. I think that would be a great way to advertise the company i.e. get the video all over Facebook, Youtube, Google vids just everywhere you can upload giving the potential customers an idea of what 'Tartybikes.co.uk' are all about.

Tom

xxx

Now that Koxx days have done one ie moved, so to far now for most brits, i think its time for TARTYDAYS here in the UK .........

Now that Koxx days have done one ie moved, so to far now for most brits, i think its time for TARTYDAYS here in the UK .........

I agree, It would be especially good for those who could never of made it to Koxx days. plus i think it would also attract a lot of international riders too. seeing as, like Koxx, Tartybikes is known in so many other countries other than the U.K.

You never know it might become as big as or bigger than Koxx days (except for the comp part)

Edited by 6ft-midget

tartybikes you got mail

as a follow on to the previous idea of a team vid, why not invest in a decent cam and let each member of the team take it for a week and then compile a small vid from this, just an idea but it would save money

im also liking the flyer ideas, the amount of people who stop me and ask many of questions, this would be the best way to inform them

lewis

I think your narrowing your field too much, your IMO the only real trials shop in the UK now and so to ensure that you need to strengthen your rider base to get total loyalty, let be honest sponsering someone "costs you nothing" but loss of revenue than if that person had brought their items new at your store. I think supporting only 5 or so team members is a bad idea...

Edited by Simpson

I think your narrowing your field too much, your IMO the only real trials shop in the UK now and so to ensure that you need to strengthen your rider base to get total loyalty, let be honest sponsering someone "costs you nothing" but loss of revenue than if that person had brought their items new at your store. I think supporting only 5 or so team members is a bad idea...

They said they were looking for at least one from each category. I think they'll end up with around 12+ riders.