Tartybikes Website Updates

Mark W

Well, the last thread ended up being a pretty hectic Q&A thread, which wasn't really the plan.

We've got a few changes we're rolling out on the website in the next few weeks so I thought I'd make a thread to try and show them in a clear enough way, although again this isn't a Q&A thread so if you've got any questions about prices, products or whatever, you'll have to either e-mail, call or somehow get in contact with us.

Anyways, reason for this particular update was that we've now got potentially the best collection of data about all kinds of tyres out of anyone. We've re-shot all the photos of our tyres so you should be able to get a really good idea of what the tyres are like in terms of their tread and profile, but we've re-weighed every type of tyre we sell to give up-to-date weights, and we've also measured the height and width of every type of tyre we stock so you can work out if the new tyre you're thinking of getting will fit in your frame. The information's listed in the "Additional Images" images for each tyre, primarily so people can't just completely copy and paste our info... Either way, I thought this info might help some people out. For example, for the Ali-and-Akkers-approved Larsen TT tyre:

large_larsen.jpg

large_larsensize.jpg

As I said, we've got some things in the works over the next few weeks, so hopefully I'll have some new stuff to post up in here soon.

This thread is only to inform TF of the functional updates to the TB site.

Any posts in here not relating directly to the posts made by the tartybikes crew will be deleted.

Feedback, questions, thoughts, suggestions, anything.. should be emailed to tartybikes directly.

• 2 weeks later...

As part of the website updates we've been doing, we've now got the crank offset for all our cranks listed. We get calls from people all the time asking if X cranks will fit with Y frame and so on, so now, with this measurement we can give a more definitive answer. Equally, if you're in the market for some new cranks you can find out whether they'll clear by finding your current cranks on the site, then seeing if you'll have more or less clearance with your newer ones.

Hopefully it'll be helpful anyways - the measurements are listed just under the weight of the crank arms, in both the pairs and singles sections.

large_offset.jpg

This thread is only to inform TF of the functional updates to the TB site.

Any posts in here not relating directly to the posts made by the tartybikes crew will be deleted.

Feedback, questions, thoughts, suggestions, anything.. should be emailed to tartybikes directly.

noobie....

can tartybikes provide additional 'skills'? i am sure that they can be purchased from madison?

:P

|<- That post.

|<- My head

Anyways, in the continuing measuring adventures of OBM, the clamp heights of all our stems are listed too so you can check if you've got enough steerer to run any particular stem. Measurements are listed below the weights for each stem, and for sloping topcap stems the fore and aft measurements are listed too.

In very much related news: the digital calipers need some new batteries.

Another update, we now have all the dimensions for our pedals up, e.g. width, length & depth. Hopefully should be of some use to some people!

Haha, nah, wasn't calling you out - just genuinely didn't know what you meant (Y)

Anyways, we've now got all our steerer tube's measured (ooh er ;)), meaning that you can now work out your front end height (or indeed potential front end height if you're planning on mixing up your setup) by looking for your steerer length, frame headtube length, headset stack height and stem clamp height - plus any spacers you may want. Again, hopefully that'll help some people out (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

looks looks looks, suppose you dont have to look at it when your riding it ^_^

:rolleyes:

Wasn't too keen on them myself at first, but they go with the red rim tapes and accents all over the bike quite nicely in real life.

• 1 month later...