Tartybikes Website Updates

Mark W

Not sure if i'm right here, but someone will perhaps tell me why my basket emptied whilst checkout (then still 123.40£) and, after adding my items to the basket again the price went up by 22£? (now 145.00£ for Magura Hs33 orange and Echo Sl 2-bolt orange high) 0.o

Which country are you currently in? Which flag is shown in the top right hand corner of your screen?

It sounds like you are in a region where VAT is not applicable, then selected an EU delivery address where VAT is applied, so the price appeared to go up?

More info here... http://tartybikes.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.html#ordering

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. Order placed in August, received in November. Good times...

Just do me a favour and don't unpack the brakes until after you've built my wheel next Tuesday.

The last thing I need is to buy more parts this month.

I took the photos of them earlier today :-

Does anyone want to buy my spleen as it's the only way I can see me getting more parts past the Miss this month?

So far I've bought a whole bike. Upgrading it before the final parts have even been delivered may be a touch excessive.

New pedals look great! Did any other parts such as forks, headsets, and cranks receive any design update like the pedals did? Or just remaining the same from 2010?

Cranks have some slight changes - mainly cosmetic rather than significant structural changes or anything. Forks are pretty much the same. The only change for the headset was that they tweaked the names, although that isn't reflected on our site because it didn't really make any sense... The new frames should be out very soon though. We were under the impression we'd have some of the samples on this order to check out, but alas no.

Result, rear rim ordered... finally! Doh! Front rims now out of stock, sod's bloody law!

Regards to the Echo pedals, do they offer replacement axes?

They don't, as far as I'm aware. We might be able to get hold of them but I think Echo generally don't do replacement parts for parts like pedals and so on, as they sort of bracket them in the same category as freewheels, bashrings and other 'use and abuse' parts, if that makes sense.

Bad weather, other stuff, not getting to ride as much, 'proper' videos, etc. Just one of those things. Ali's got a video out soon, I've got a video out soon, Stan might one day have a video out soon (:P) - there's definitely video stuff in the works!