2010 Onza Range

duncshaw

Thanks, I'm saving that quote. Might even put it on my tombstone ha ha. So you like the Pro's blue?

:giggle:

The blue with white looks really good- nice colour co-ordination between all the parts and the graphics etc and the Blade looks really good too with nice fresh graphics and again nice co-ordination with the bronzy/gold components. The riser bars also make a surprising difference to the aesthetics compared to the old polished flat Onza bars of old.

The Pro is way too blue. If the bashring, forks and bars would have been white or black it would have look quite a bit better.

The blade is good but if the cranks and stem were white, but the wheels would have been that color that would have been much better too.

Definitely a step in the right direction though!

EDIT: what is wrong with the zoot?!?! The zoot sould not have a seat! Its so bad!

Not strictly true.

However there should still be a proper 24" trials bike, like the because, only a 24" limey :D

This would be the perfect time to bring out a 24" limey as well... There's only the because out at the moment, and it's been very popular - tartybikes sold out their original stock in about two days. A 24" limey now would basically get in there before too much choice appears, securing a decent amount of the market - maybe 50%, depending on the popularity of it, seeing as then there'd only then be the because or the limey 24".

Edited by Revolver

Built-in Pivotal post on the Zoot, eh? Been hoping they'd come in for a while now, they've been doing the rounds in BMX and seem to be a good thing. You can still ride trials with a seat too, and in any case if you're after 'pure' trials, then a Zoot or indeed 24" frame (apart from maybe the Because Trial) probably isn't the tool for the job.

All the bikes look good for the new year, and it's good to see what looks like 31.8mm bars on them too. Always seemed a downer that Onzas came with non-oversized bar and stems 'cos it limited upgrades for riders later on without having to buy a new bar and stem if they just want to change one. But yeah, massive improvement on all of the models - can't wait to see them in the flesh!

Too much blue. Too much gold.

Soooort of, but you've got to remember these are for people who are new to the game who want a top-end looking bike, and these do look pretty high-end. They need to be able to stand out in shops when people are viewing bikes, so more understated colours wouldn't really work in my opinion. Having seen previous Onza bikes in bike shops in the past, they used to just blend in in a way, whereas these should stand out.

They certainly look more than they're worth, which is a good thing, and I think they'll help to entice new people into it all.

EDIT: what is wrong with the zoot?!?! The zoot sould not have a seat! Its so bad!

No offence joe.

Gotta disagree there. Zoot looks really good and looking forward to seeing the Limey 24 which would be the seatless proper trialsy version...

Change the seat for a black mini seat and ... (Y)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo... Pivotal BMX seats for the win.

Gotta disagree there. Zoot looks really good and looking forward to seeing the Limey 24 which would be the seatless proper trialsy version...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo... Pivotal BMX seats for the win.

Well, black something. Just need to lose the green seat and the zoot'll looks perfect.

Zoot will be £499.95, Built in pivotal, Horizontal drop outs , Disc mount , Tensile freewheel , Drilled rims , Alloy stem , 31.8 riser bars , Shindig II pedals , Sealed bearing rear 135mm screwon hub. Pro Frame kit will be available in a month to six weeks. Inc, Frame, Forks , Saddle , Headset. White and Purple colour scheme.

Thanks for the comments Mark, Your right about the old models "blending in". Like you said the models apart fdrom the Blade and Comp are aimed at guys whi are getting into it and want the bike to look the part. Although we have upgraded most parts onall the models. The Blade and Comp frames will be available on their own and the only weigh about 1.45Kg so they should still go to quality riders. Hopefully will retail under £200 too.

The RIP looks fantastic for the money though,

The only disappointment with the Zoot is the stem. I don't know the prices of them in Taiwan, and I'd imagine that that stem on the Zoot is going to keep the price down well, but with the PZ31 85mm stem being one of the best stems out there for 24" bikes (I can't imagine using any other stem at the moment on my Echo), it's a downer seeing what looks like a longer stem on there.

Any word on the geo of the Zoot? Horizontal dropouts are pretty sweet, as is the built-in pivotal - might even be tempted myself...

Zoot will be £499.95, Built in pivotal, Horizontal drop outs , Disc mount , Tensile freewheel , Drilled rims , Alloy stem , 31.8 riser bars , Shindig II pedals , Sealed bearing rear 135mm screwon hub. Pro Frame kit will be available in a month to six weeks. Inc, Frame, Forks , Saddle , Headset. White and Purple colour scheme.

Sounds really good. Could put the Ashton full build to shame!

To be honest Dave, there's no 'could' about it. The Zoot's got what looks like a nicer frame, has a far better drivetrain, better bar and stem, and better tyres/wheels. RRP's cheaper too - it's just a better bike.

Geometry sounds pretty interesting Joe. Don't suppose you know the head angle by any chance?