Cannondale Ashton Signature Edition Frameset

atephoald

First ones are the right style but not compact drive unfortunately. Sooooo expensive though!

Cheers guys! The first one is far too expensive for my blood. Like the second though, might consider. Going to have a look at Middleburn today and see what's what. Any other suggestions?

Ed

I think back before Ashton left Cannondale, he had Middleburn RS7s with the red twin bashguard. Hubs were probably Hope, front X517, rear X-lite Phatso. Silver HS33s (old style levers), not sure on the stem but a Roox one in black would look similar. I know at one point he seemed to like the higher rise Azonic doublewalls, and they'd look good too in black.

It's just a shame that Cannondale didn't see a big enough market to release a trials-specific frame, instead of a repainted Beast of the East. Interesting to hear there was a 14" production version, but I've never seen even photos of one.

Presumably the geometry of the white/blue frame in the Bike Show photo was similar to that of the first Justice frames, but that's purely speculation...

Interesting to hear there was a 14" production version, but I've never seen even photos of one.

You've got me doubting myself now... anyone confirm or deny the allegations of a 14" version of the Ashton replica frame?

Martyn has one in his garage still ?

I thought he was saying on the London ride last year that he didn't keep any of them (though he wished he had). Or was that just the blue proper signature ones rather than the red Beast of the Easts?

Are you suggesting I kill Martyn for it?...

You've got me doubting myself now... anyone confirm or deny the allegations of a 14" version of the Ashton replica frame?

I thought he was saying on the London ride last year that he didn't keep any of them (though he wished he had). Or was that just the blue proper signature ones rather than the red Beast of the Easts?

Yeah he said he doesn't have one any more. Thought he was going to steal mine at one point!

ashtonreunitedjpg.jpg

Props to Fatmike for the photo

Edited by rathergoodpie

Im pretty sure he kept one - Red and headshock ...

Im only suggesting that you wouldnt have to kill anyone.... steal however ?...

Why don't you try and contact ashton on twitter or something? He seems like a pretty cool guy who would be happy to help, especially if you're restoring it. It's got to be worth a try!

Hey,

Sent him a message on Facebook - no response as yet....

Cheers

Ed

Rob - you rule, thank you! I will post progress and let you know how I get on (if that's cool?) - but yes, please let me know if you think of or hear about anything else that may help me.

Best regards,

Ed

Is that true, I thought they only made a limited run of the Signiature editions? I didnt think they altered the,, I may be wrong?

post-24079-126960663326_thumb.jpg

Those 14" cannondale frames did exist. There was a guy on one in MBUK years ago when then did 'search for a trials star' and i remember one of the bike shops in Aberdeen had one up on the wall behind the counter.

(bearing in mind this was quite a few years ago!)

Those 14" cannondale frames did exist. There was a guy on one in MBUK years ago when then did 'search for a trials star' and i remember one of the bike shops in Aberdeen had one up on the wall behind the counter.

I only questioned it, as the bike shop i bought mine from said there was only one size.............maybe he only had one to sell :) haha

I thought so! Paul from Stonehaven rode both sizes at some point from what I remember. In fact the frame in Aberdeen could well have been bought by him... That would've been around 2000/2001 I guess.

Edit: Just in case anyone's interested- Ashton on eBay.

• 5 years later...

Hi guys iv got an 80% original ahton caad 2 it's in very good condition. I'm just wondering how much it mite be worth as my mum got it for me from the local bike shop in 2000 as a birthday gift. So now I'm almost 30 I'm wanting to sell it but have no idea what it's worth. Any information would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Tommi

• 1 year later...
On 3/22/2010 at 1:26 PM, mike425 said:

dale4.jpg

Thats the beast of the east frame, I think later after that Aston was riding a much more trials orientated frame. I have loads of pics in an old MBUK mag, but I do not think Canondale ever made the frame he actually rode with the better geometry?

Just found this pic of the frame I am thinking of, looks like it has much more clearance than the one that was posted before.

98.jpg

This was a custom geom frame not the retail version.

• 1 month later...