Inpulse Bikes Uk

oakley

Thank you for all the interest i have had via email.

I have been in talks with Cedric and have decided to give support to atleast two 20" riders and one more 26" rider from the UK. Everybody get your emails in with as much information as possible and you could be on the Inpulse UK team for 2010.

Being on the Inpulse UK team offers lots to the rider, from riding on a top of the range bike, to performing shows across the UK.

I also plan for the whole Inpulse team to meet at some point in the summer, to train together and make a team video and photos.

There are a lot of opportunities with Inpulse, thank you.

fontenoy is a name that rings in my head ever since aurelien just tipped the uci world title off me when i stacked it on the last section !

lovely bikes !

Edited by aust

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Theres cosmetic room for improvement, but I kinda like what there doing with the geo Im not 100% with it though Maybe a wee bit of adjustment on that side also could benefit there frames, but there not looking bad, the booster looks good, Its not stupidly light either so it may last longer than most and offer value for money, I say go for it inpulse however until the cosmetic side is delt with and the slight alteration of the geo I dont think id want too spend my money on there frames just yet, the front end dosent quite do it for me either.

Is the headset internal or external? I cant tell

Internal.

The frame's basically Aurelien's "signature" frame, so it's got geometry he likes. I'd imagine they wouldn't want to change any time soon. The head angle is also sort of in keeping with the new frames from Rockman and Born that feature a 70.5ha.

There still fairly heavily priced up too other frames on your site mark, To me the frame its self aswell as the company isnt up too scratch yet The graphic's look pretty poor and the frame dose look a bit 2004'y to me....

They havent done a right lot too launch the frame either In my opinion other than this topic of that dosent really help much its mainly about what being sponcerd by the company could offer rather than benefits of the frame itself.

How many have sold mark? And other than anyone who rides for them have you any feedback. . .

Disliking the graphics is naturally a personal thing and doesn't really say anything about the company itself. Having seen them in person they actually look really cool. Because of the overall matte finish, seeing the gloss parts makes it seem almost like you're sort of cutting into the metal or seeing further inside it - it actually works really well.

It seems funny how people complain about how flexy and weak a lot of new frames are, then a frame that's designed to be as stiff and solid as possible comes out and it's "Not up to scratch"? Aurelien and others tested the frame fairly extensively before it was launched (which in itself is pretty amazing in the current 'bang out as many frames as possible' trials world), and bearing in mind it's just them - i.e. not having a large backing, or having a 'known' brand name to rely on - they couldn't really afford to put out a crap frame. It's definitely different to what else is around, but again, it's pretty easy to find comments of "Boring/Generic/Same old" whenever any new frame comes out that doesn't break the mould in some way.

Regarding promotion of the frame, I believe - from what I've seen - that Joe and Nick were planning on taking the importers role for Inpulse, and had that plan carried on I'm sure it would've received more hype. However, for one reason or another that plan didn't happen so I think it left the company/frame in limbo, to an extent. It's not really anything that could've been changed by either party though, so it doesn't really matter much. For me, the main thing is that it's a frame which has been pretty nicely designed, and is designed with performance in mind. I'm the first to admit that I'd like it if there were certain aesthetic changes, but that again is a personal thing rather than a valid basis for saying "they're doing it wrong".