New Hs33 Brake

janjan

Since the HS33 is one of the most used brakes in bike trials, some of you might be interested in this:

Magura is relasing an updated version of the HS11 and the HS33 in September 2010.

Some images can be found here:

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=455130

The highlights are a system for easier bleeding and brake levers with two screws for easier instalation. There will be a version for 2 and 4 fingers.

Hs33_2011.jpg

The lever is pretty fugly, but the two bolt clamp design is a welcome change, especially when you wanna work on your brake and don't wanna fart about removing glued on foam grips

the new slave cylinders look alreet too

A new easier bleed system? I have no idea how they can make it easier really

heard about these last year (which the rep said wouldn't be ideal for trials)

thats beyond dumb surely trials makes up the majority of the magura users? why aren't they focusing on making a trialier version of their hs33, like hope do

thats beyond dumb surely trials makes up the majority of the magura users? why aren't they focusing on making a trialier version of their hs33, like hope do

I wouldn't have agreed with you a couple of years ago, but trials riders keep buying them, XC riders have moved on.

Looks like they have made a pretty average design worse :(

thats going to be expensive... :ermm:

Why would it be anymore than the current design?

It does look a step back in respects of form, hopefully the cracking issue will be removed, but then i don't think i'll be running it. Be interested to see how they've managed to make the bleeding process simpler too.