New Hs33 Brake

janjan

I'd imagine some of it's to do with having cheaper, 'standard' brakes like the HS11s for OEM usage (saving a fair whack of money per brake by making them a bit more 'no frills' aesthetically), then having the nicer looking HS33s as the sort of aftermarket version?

Seems to be how it's worked for them in the past, but they just moved the HS11 more in line with the HS33 this time round. By "more in line" I do of course mean "the same".

The flip-side of that is that you can now get a new Magura HS11 which performs as well as the previous '05 Magura with a long blade, but is easier to bleed, has a stronger body, has a split clamp, is lighter, etc., and also get the Evo 2 Adaptors with it for the same price as the '05 Magura without any clamps. I know no-one really uses the Evo 2s, but bang 'em on eBay or something and sell them for a bit, then get some money back from buying the full brake...

I'm ordering the HS11 tommorow, does the longer lever mean it will be 16% stronger than my current '05 maggy with a 1-finger ADAMANT blade?

If so thats awesome.

EDIT: Are the levers made out of the same material as the hs11 lever body looks plastic..

i wouldnt imagine it will be that stronger as your lever blade is pretty long and there mechanically the same. i wouldn't just buy it for more power as it probs be the same (in my view)

I'm ordering the HS11 tommorow, does the longer lever mean it will be 16% stronger than my current '05 maggy with a 1-finger ADAMANT blade?

If so thats awesome.

EDIT: Are the levers made out of the same material as the hs11 lever body looks plastic..

Get a fresh products lever from tarty for your 05 and it will perform and feel amazing or get an 04 and get a rb lever blade :)

• 1 month later...

got one and love it 04 was easy to snap i used a 99 leaver for years as i though they were better than 04, 2011 one is strong and industrial and i think will be the strongest leaver yet and it looks like a leaver how good do you want it to look if it does the job well and doesnt stop working or snap stop moaning

• 2 months later...

I was running a stock 2010 model HS33 and it broke from a very basic wreck. Replaced it with the Olympic 05 model and run TNN/LGM pads. Awesome brake now. Maybe the 2011 housing will hold up better than past? Agree the lever needs to be replaced.

post-29178-0-97460900-1298566719_thumb.j

post-29178-0-73708800-1298566797_thumb.j

• 1 year later...

It is.

Not as far as I'm aware. To be honest though from my experience I haven't heard of that many people snapping the actual blade, it just seems to take the pivot out on the lever body itself. The lever body on these is stronger so hopefully that won't be as much of an issue, although I'd definitely recommend not having the bar clamp super tight so your lever can still move around a bit if you knock it.

so if you don't like the lever blade then you're stuck with it?

Untill I heard about this, I thought they seemed pretty decent.

Seriously - you can't replace/change the blade?

To be honest - I wish they'd've stuck with the '04s, but put a split clamp on them. They just... worked tongue.gif (Still do, for me whistling.gif )

the levers are removable, the pin that holds them in is only pressed in, with a hammer and a punch you can tap them out to remove the blade and back in again with no problem, i changed my 2 finger for a 4 finger when i had one of these

the levers are removable, the pin that holds them in is only pressed in, with a hammer and a punch you can tap them out to remove the blade and back in again with no problem, i changed my 2 finger for a 4 finger when i had one of these

I'm glad I now know that.

...Two years later :P

• Like 3