Is It Me Or.....?

arw_86

not sure if its worth its own topic, and im sure im going to get shot down for saying it but.....

alot of the better riders in trials are left foot forward! is there a reason for this?

im sure there are waaaaay more right foot forward riders but the left foot riders seem to be at the top to me? so theres less chance of the lefties bein at the top cos there are less of them.

i guess people can discuss and debate it.

mods if you think this is pootang just delete it, i wont cry

i cant look at the mo cos im meant to be working but from memory decent riders who are left foot forward are danny mac, damon w, neil tunicliffe, danny holroyd (what happened to that dude?)

......umm gone blank.....my arguement is still valid!!! :ermm:

edit: im right foot forward so i aint saying it cos i think im good lol

Edited by arw_86

i cant look at the mo but from memory decent riders who are left foot forward are danny mac, damon w, neil tunicliffe, danny holroyd (what happened to that dude?), jason dilworth

¬¬

I see what you're saying and relate it to another thing I heard - apparently most of the people considered 'genius' are left handed. I'm left handed and left foot forward, but do almost everything except writing with my right hand.

¬¬

I see what you're saying and relate it to another thing I heard - apparently most of the people considered 'genius' are left handed. I'm left handed and left foot forward, but do almost everything except writing with my right hand.

ye im left handed but do alot of stuff with my right. im by no means a genius though, but ive heard the same thing about genius'. its something to do with left handed people use the right side of their brain which is...ummm...better. And the right handed people use the left side which is....ummm...shitter lol

ye im left handed but do alot of stuff with my right. im by no means a genius though, but ive heard the same thing about genius'. its something to do with left handed people use the right side of their brain which is...ummm...better. And the right handed people use the left side which is....ummm...shitter lol

Yea I should've made that clear - most people who are genius are left-handed, but that isn't to say that most people who are left-handed are genius! I'm sure as f**k not quite there...

Because I don't think it makes a difference, aren't the Martians right foot forward? Then again I think that the last time I rode with Hans Rey (HOLY NAME DROP and hugely exaggerated) he was a lefty.

Im a bit of a newbie to trials but I must of watched hundreds of trials clips and movies now and the amount of people that ride left foot forward really surprises me!

I assumed that people who are right handed would naturally ride with their right foot forward however after doing a bit of goggling the percentage of left handed people in the world is somewhere between 10%-20% and It seems a much larger percent of peeps in trials vids ride left foot??? :huh:

It would be great to get a poll going to see how figures go on this forum and to also see if anyone rides opposite foot forward to what they write with. Sorry for the essey but its not just you >_<

Edited by Olicf

basically what i was gunna write.

what is stan shaw and ali c btw?

I think Stan is lefty but Ali.C is righty, Damon is righty, Nezz is lefty, Rowan is righty i think, CLS righty. Don't think there are many riders in the world if any, that are both lefty and righty. Think there was a thread about this ages ago about the best riders by their star sign.

literally the first time you learn any move on a trials bike or even when you coast along on a normal bike dictates which foot forward you'll be - so i doubt it has any bearing on which foot forward people are the best. i can think of many top riders who are right and left..

About that left handed thing...

Well it made me think, I'm left handed/footed, for like writing, playing football, and, "other" things, but play golf right handed, cricket right handed, tennis right handed. I also ride right foot forward. It's weird haha.

Also, that left handed people are genius'/smarter than right handed people... Well I'm pretty good at school, all As and Bs, yet my brother is pretty stupid, like Ds and Es. But its not because he doesn't try. He's just generally really stupid :ermm:

I think Stan is lefty but Ali.C is righty, Damon is righty, Nezz is lefty, Rowan is righty i think, CLS righty. Don't think there are many riders in the world if any, that are both lefty and righty. Think there was a thread about this ages ago about the best riders by their star sign.

ahh fair play. but, chris akrigg... he does both

literally the first time you learn any move on a trials bike or even when you coast along on a normal bike dictates which foot forward you'll be - so i doubt it has any bearing on which foot forward people are the best. i can think of many top riders who are right and left..

i dunno, dirt jumping i was naturally left forward. then for trials i started right.

Nothing to it really, its a 50/50 probability of being left or right foot forward (obviously).

Even people who don't ride trials, such as general cyclists will favour a comfortable foot forward, just something that everyone starts as a habit and then eventually leads into this.

Cross your arms.... which arm is on top? Everyone has their favoured arm through habit.

I love how it is such a simple divide to everyone's personal riding habits, but if we were all forced to change foot then trials riding would be near impossible.

Nothing to it really, its a 50/50 probability of being left or right foot forward (obviously).

Is it that simple though? I thought it'd be more like skateboarding/snowboarding where most people ride regular (left foot forward for them) and then there's a smaller number who ride goofy.Or am I reading too much into that because I'm goofy and ride right foot forward on the bike?

I was about to make the same point as monkeyseemonkeydo.

It would be interesting if people were to try boarding of any type, then report on whether the goofy or regular stance matches their trials stance!

I'm right foot forward and what little boarding I've done is goofy stance

Right foot forwards are the best lol.

Damon

Cls

Giles

Tra

Travis

Borisvech Pavel

Danny Swindlehurst,

I could go on all day.

to be honest. its strange, i was having this discussion with a mate whilst out riding the other day. and we weighed up, the better class of riders are right foot forward.

I think that most right handed and right footed people tend to be stronger in their right leg. I am one but I ride with my left foot forward. Now I come to think about it I guess that your back foot is mainly used to pick the bike up in the air when doing static moves, which probably explains why I felt more comfortable with my stronger leg there when I was starting out?