R.i.p Gavin Bedford

Jonny Jones

Just gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Gav was the nicest bloke you'd ever meet.

He was at times an absolute plonker, and he would never stop talking once you got him going, but there was never any malice or ill-content.

He always had a big stupid grin on his face and never failed to put a smile on mine

On a bike he was something of a genius.... He could do the hugest lines, clean ridiculous sections, only to fall off in the next section riding over something no bigger than a pebble!

Bit of an exaggeration, but so so talented. And if I remember he had some pretty awesome results at world level eg winning a round or 2. Fantastic

One of the originals on the scene and one of the real characters.

I will miss him. So so much.

Just gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Gav was the nicest bloke you'd ever meet.

He was at times an absolute plonker, and he would never stop talking once you got him going, but there was never any malice or ill-content.

He always had a big stupid grin on his face and never failed to put a smile on mine

On a bike he was something of a genius.... He could do the hugest lines, clean ridiculous sections, only to fall off in the next section riding over something no bigger than a pebble!

Bit of an exaggeration, but so so talented. And if I remember he had some pretty awesome results at world level eg winning a round or 2. Fantastic

One of the originals on the scene and one of the real characters.

I will miss him. So so much.

Couldn't agree with you more. Just as everyone else has said thoughts and best wishes go out to his family and close friends. I knew him and know for sure that he will be dearly missed.

Still shocked by this, I really thought he would recover.

Gav was a talented rider, and I used to look up to him a lot when I was starting out. All the videos of him and John that Ivor made were a big inspiration to get out and ride. I didn't know him that well but have ridden with him in Porthcawl and at various comps. I know that he will be dearly missed by those closest to him, he was far too young to die like this. My thoughts go to family and friends.

RIP Gav

just watched this on youtube,

i didn't know gavin, but when watching this i didn't know whether to laugh or cry :(

what a bloke,

R.i.p gav

I just watched this and i cried.I didn't really know him having only met him on a couple of occasions but I know a lot of people that did and he will be missed.

RIP Gav!! :(

Used to chat to him alot of MSN a few years back. Really top guy, used to give me a lot of advice on parts n stuff.

Some may remember i believe he was in MBUK years ago for one of the Hop idols or something like. Saw him riding at Addingham in a comp too and he really cleaned the sections, top rider and a top guy!

Will be sorely missed by so many people. My thoughts go out to his family and friends!!!

Dan

just watched this on youtube,

i didn't know gavin, but when watching this i didn't know whether to laugh or cry :(

what a bloke,

R.i.p gav

Thanks everyone for their sentiments, it means a lot. Still hard to believe it. Posted up this video earlier today in memory. I've got all my porthcawltrials videos which I will post up onto my YouTube profile (ivorsaunders) in memory of gavin as it shows how much of a laugh (and nutter) he was. Rest in peace man, I love you.