Cube Acid?

shetlandtrialsrider

wow thats quite a good looking bike and quite a nice spec for the money....yeah should be fine for xc etc. and if it dosnt jump well you can always buy a new frame later on like an orange crush frame which, as far as i can remember, are built for a good thrashing...dunno bout the fork but rockshox in my memory are tough. Even the lower priced ones....

enjoy

Ok thanks for the reply so will it handle higher grade trails?

Do you mean your gona ride it hard and batter the hell out of it on black runs? Maybe not so much for that but it'll be fine on singletrack and the bumpy stuff.

With cube bikes you do get a lot for your money in terms of component parts, but the supposed German build quality is not to be believed I’ve seen three crack in a month.

for that soprt of price range id look at these

Specialized Rockhopper SL,

GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc

Trek 6000 Disc E

With cube bikes you do get a lot for your money in terms of component parts, but the supposed German build quality is not to be believed I’ve seen three crack in a month.

for that soprt of price range id look at these

Specialized Rockhopper SL,

GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc

Trek 6000 Disc E

Ok I was looking at the rockhopper but im not to sure on the frame ill have a look at the others.

Cheers

The cubes are a german based company and like most other european companies there idea of xc riding is very different to the uk. Xc in europe is mainly smooth paths going up and down hills so there is not really much needed in the way of the geometry of the bikes, they are very efficient for climbing (there fore quite long in the top tube) but you cant really manouver them about.

personally id stay away.

The boardmans are brilliant spec but the frames are pretty poor quality, i havent personally seen the aluminium ones cut up but the likes of the carbon ones (fare enough out with your budget) but the ones of them i have seen have lots of air bubbles which shows poor building/manufacturing technique.

id be looking at either the trek like mentioned above (comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame 5 years on the bontrager parts and a year on the other parts)

The genesis bikes (mainly the cores or the altitudes) the cores are an aluminium frame altitudes are a steel. they are deisnged and built in the uk for uk conditions and are really fun to ride. (genesis core20 is a brilliant bike)

http://www.evanscycl...ampaign=froogle

Also look at the cannondales trail sl4 or trail sl3. these come with an air fork which you would normally have to pay £900+ plus to get on other hardtails. (i helped collegeboy on here) look into the bikes i explained about the cubes (he was looking at getting one) but instead took my adivce and bought the canndonale.

he loves it (Y)

Also i work in alpine bikes in inverness and we are probably one of the closest stores to you in shetland that can offer most of these bikes :) ring up anytime if you need advice dude.

Edited by Synergy

The cubes are a german based company and like most other european companies there idea of xc riding is very different to the uk. Xc in europe is mainly smooth paths going up and down hills so there is not really much needed in the way of the geometry of the bikes, they are very efficient for climbing (there fore quite long in the top tube) but you cant really manouver them about.

personally id stay away.

The boardmans are brilliant spec but the frames are pretty poor quality, i havent personally seen the aluminium ones cut up but the likes of the carbon ones (fare enough out with your budget) but the ones of them i have seen have lots of air bubbles which shows poor building/manufacturing technique.

id be looking at either the trek like mentioned above (comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame 5 years on the bontrager parts and a year on the other parts)

The genesis bikes (mainly the cores or the altitudes) the cores are an aluminium frame altitudes are a steel. they are deisnged and built in the uk for uk conditions and are really fun to ride. (genesis core20 is a brilliant bike)

Also look at the cannondales trail sl4 or trail sl3. these come with an air fork which you would normally have to pay £900+ plus to get on other hardtails. (i helped collegeboy on here) look into the bikes i explained about the cubes (he was looking at getting one) but instead took my adivce and bought the canndonale.

he loves it (Y)

Also i work in alpine bikes in inverness and we are probably one of the closest stores to you in shetland that can offer most of these bikes :) ring up anytime if you need advice dude.

Thanks alot man I have been looking at the cannondale sl 4 but will have a look at the sl 3.

Thanks alot for the advice (Y)

With cube bikes you do get a lot for your money in terms of component parts

Totally agree with this, got a Reaction K18 with Fox forks full XT etc for about £1200 and you would pay over £2000 to get something like a Scott with a similar spec when I got mine