Post A Video Of Todays Riding

isitafox

Could you explain the newness of this gapping technique cos I think I'm missing sommit.

(Not meant to be cheeky, serious question)

Seems like you accelerating well fast from takeoff.

Think i just jumped quick for that one mate. It isn't a new technique in general. It's just when i used to gap i did some silly pre hop thing before every gap and found it very difficult to gap from a stationary position on the edge of something. I also failed to preload so i've ditched my old technique and am starting to pick up this "new" one that is standard to everyone else.

Previously i would have gone ryan leech style and landed in the centre of the first bench and then gapped straight from that, using my momentum to travel forwards further. Since i stopped doing that the other week and strated doing it how most others do i can jump a lot further and feel far more controlled in general. Which is great i guess.

Ah, I get it now.

Looks like it's working dude, the acceleration off that edge is proper good and the control is very good.

I'm gonna practice gaps today and maybe post here.

:$ Cheers dude. It still needs some things changing as i got into some really bad habits. Seems every time i land i land on the edge as well no matter what size it is so i need to get myself into the mentality of it being okay to land on top sometimes as well.

Riding rocks helped out a load with it as well, such a different skill set to just bashing from one wall/bench to the other.