Post A Video Of Todays Riding

isitafox

Blackpool yesterday, was so windy and wet there was pretty much only one place I could find on the front sheltered enough to stay upright on, I would have had quite a few more shots but the wind kept blowing the camera over. Felt good to be on a bike though and I'm glad I took my DD mod as the brakes were amazing all day! 

• Like 3

Looking through this thread really does show how much Inspired and street riding has taken over trials.

Shame really as TGS got me into all this and now theres just tiny fragments left of it. It also confuses me as to why people are wanted to start off on Inspired's as 90% of the best street riders gained there experience from riding pure trials and wouldn't be as good as they are without that. To me it seems kids are getting on big heavy street bikes only limiting there initial progression due to the weight and difficulty it takes to learn on such bikes and just throwing in the towel because it seems too hard for them. The number of Elements for sale all over the place says it all really. Real shame, trials really kept me out of trouble when i was growing up and its sad to see it dwindle away into pretty much only street trial in this country. 

Not intended as a bitch about street riders as i just as much enjoy watching that side of it all, just wish the rest of the trials community hadn't suffered for it.

• Like 2

Danny mac did it, seriously though, pure trials isn't going to appeal to many, just look at the bikes, street bikes at least look like a normal bike and the street Vids always look more fun. It started on real bikes it will end on them.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, p_ruskin said:

Looking through this thread really does show how much Inspired and street riding has taken over trials.

Shame really as TGS got me into all this and now theres just tiny fragments left of it. It also confuses me as to why people are wanted to start off on Inspired's as 90% of the best street riders gained there experience from riding pure trials and wouldn't be as good as they are without that. To me it seems kids are getting on big heavy street bikes only limiting there initial progression due to the weight and difficulty it takes to learn on such bikes and just throwing in the towel because it seems too hard for them. The number of Elements for sale all over the place says it all really. Real shame, trials really kept me out of trouble when i was growing up and its sad to see it dwindle away into pretty much only street trial in this country. 

Not intended as a bitch about street riders as i just as much enjoy watching that side of it all, just wish the rest of the trials community hadn't suffered for it.

I get what u say

but

back in the days people were riding short heavy bikes and they were waaay better at pure trials(except for power) than most tgs riders

the problem IMO is people try to do spinning stuff before having good basics

• Like 2

1 hour ago, p_ruskin said:

Pretty much just saying what Chimp said but yeah, most top riders may have ridden "pure" trials but back then those bikes were almost identical to street trials bikes today. I did comps on my Pashley and that was considered a great comp bike back then.

I actually think its REALLY beneficial for riders to start on shorter heavier bikes, it teaches more about using bodyweight and technique than riding a lighter longer bike would. Those skills then translate to good style and bike control for comps, TGs and even MTBing in general.

I think there are quite a lot of new riders riding streetier bikes and one reason is that comp bikes just look so odd and are not very practical for anything other than trials, streetier bikes can be ridden anywhere and look much more normal.

• Like 5

I think "Street trial" is a breath of fresh air today in Trial's family. Geo's frame too.

It is certain that most 24" Street boy couldn't sidehop a 1m30 stone. Sometimes they also miss great rear wheel control, balance, or precision.

Bmx guys will try 360 over 10 stairs or footjam bla bla whip before they learn pedal hop and other basics. so ok...it's not called trial anymore...

Some others will try pure trial moves and will never do a nose switch...or any 180 full cab bla bla bla to manual 180.

But this show how versatile are 24"Street trial bikes. Just bring the bike in the street and do whatever you want. it's all about FUN! This is why I bought an inspired 24" after 10 years off bikes.

Back in 2007 on my Yaabaa 999 (levelboss) I never felt free on the bike as today.

If we are on this forum. It's we all love pure trial. I am curious, wich "famous" street rider has never had a pure trial bike?.. -John(whip) Langlois is clearly a bmx guy but he learns trial moves quickly with his bike - maybe Fabio?They are also pretty young...New generation is coming.

I will never forget where I came from. Nicolas Voulioz, Bruno Arnold , Thierry Girard, Marc Vinco, Craig Lee Scott, Ryan leech, Chris Akrigg and Martyn Ashton were/are my heroes. 

They put in me the passion of bike whatever their style of bike, Trial or not.

Otherwise It would be nice to see more pure trial in this topic of the day. As a balance ..

Sorry for the "NoTGSmoves" but this is what I'm doing to try to be happy in my life...

Edited by Shub_Step
  • Like 4

Seem to have hit a bit of a nerve. Wasn't a dig at anyone just expressing an observation... 

I still stick with my view that it has taken over, I'm lucky enough to live in a part of the country where it hasn't died out quite as much as everywhere else. The fact that some are willing to drive hours from a parts of the country that used to be full of riders just to ride with someone else says it all really. I agree with starting on a heavy bike comment, but i've always thought kids should start on mods (T-pro being the daddy of them all) but now Onza has gone and everything on the pure trials side of things is completely comp orientated theres nothing along those lines anymore either.

Edited by p_ruskin
  • Like 1